“Excellent”

Ranked #401 of 9,412 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Taiwanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Excellent chinese meal. The owner was quite a character and recommended a pork dish using a recipe handed down by his family. I am well qualified to appreciate chinese food and would say it was an excellent dish. Restaurant has good ambience and is full of far eastern artifacts. Well done!

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“small restaurant run by family, but great hospitality and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

We found Son Hao in tripadvisor, a small restuarant of Taiwan cuisine. We stayed in Barcelona five nights but loved it so much that we visited it twice. The food is ordinary family dishes, tasted just right close enough to my wife and mother's style. The couple owners showed great hospitality, giving sincere advice on their food quality. And the gentleman owner has great sense of humour.

• Visited June 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Overall good experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Great food. Even greater service. Superb experience.

We came here twice during our visit in Barcelona. The food is authentic home cooked Chinese food and very reasonably priced too. The owner is extremely friendly and attentive.

It's a must go for those who wants Chinese food in Barcelona.

“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant through trip advisor and so glad we did. The food is incredible and the owner who meets you is such a friendly gentleman. Its worth asking what he recommends as it was absolutely gorgeous.

• Visited July 2013
san francisco
“Tasty beef noodle soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Walked by this restaurant 6 years ago with my partner when visiting Barcelona but it was closed in the morning. Tried to find it again the next day then but couldn't. There was no Tripadvisor then but I found it online during this trip. It is actually very close to my hotel - Hotel Axel, only made two turns around the corner and I was there.

This time I travelled alone and when I walked in and the male owner greeted me. He was very friendly and personable especially when I spoke mandarin to him. Immediately he could tell I am Cantonese but was still very nice. He's got this big smile on his face and I saw him talked to all the customers to make sure they are happy after they got their food.

I ordered a simple lunch which included a bowl of beef brisket noodle soup (7 Euro) and a dish of stir fried green veggie (6 Euro). It is true that the taste is authentic and I found a lot of meat and some tendon in the noodle soup, yummy! The only thing I would like is the soup could be served hotter. The veggie was steamy hot and loved it.

The decor is older style and they played Chinese music in the restaurant. I found it intriguing because it looks like the kind of restaurants opened some twenty some ago and still preserves the same ambience. If I want something modern then I could have pick Out of
china. I went to Son Hao for the food and not the decor so I was happy. I didn't meet the female owner so cannot say if she also gives such good service like her husbands.

I would go back anytime for their food and recommend it to people who appreciate real Chinese food.

• Visited June 2013