“Great little restaurant”

Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Perth, Australia
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My friends and I loved the restaurant, it's Italian rustic interior and great service. Our entrees were amazing, the mains good, and wine is great with a good selection. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
“A little corner of Italy near Palau de la Musica”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Le Cucine Mandarosso is reknown for its italian pasta dishes, made with dry pasta. Portions are a little small for me, and the prices aren't the cheapest (13€ for the pasta) but the dishes are very good. The desserts are top notch (5€ a piece if I remember well), they are the same ones you can get at Mandarosso Pastis (which is a wonderful cafe/bar/pastry shop in the neighborhood). The decoration at Cucine Mandarosso is also very tasteful, the cosy atmosphere is suitable for a date, and occasionally they organize concerts with Italian bands. It's recommended to book ahead of time, especially in the weekend. This is a good place to go to if you're willing to spend about 30€ a head, then you can have a great dinner with some delicious antipasti, pasta, dessert and wine... or you can go at lunchtime and enjoy their 10€ menu.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Best pasta dish we have ever tasted!! Mmmm mmmm”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My boyfriend and I had read really good reviews about this Resturant in our lonely planet book however we wanted to check it out for ourselves being big lovers of Italian food. We have to admit we thought the food tasted amazing it really was the best pasta we had ever tasted. I couldn't finish my whole portion but my boyfriend managed to eat his and my own with a whole ball of mozzarella each as starters! We would definitely recommend it to Italian lovers.

The location of the Resturant was tricky to locate and it was closed on the Monday when we first decided to check it out. Also the menu had no English translations. Luckily for us my boyfriend speaks Spanish and the staff have good English so we managed to work out what to order easily enough although the waitress serving us was quite moody and seemed frustrated with our questions, however we did not let it ruin our night everyone has a bad day at work .

Now we are home we are still reminiscing about how lovely the meal was and how we want to go back there and taste their lovely food! It was truely authentic to Italy with a Spanish twist, perfection!!

“Fantastic atmosphere.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Simple and fine pasta. You get away with a cheap lunch (pasta, wine, coffee AND desert for 11 €). The place itself is marvellous with its hip interior.

Montreal, Canada
“Heaven for italian lovers”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Fresh al dente pasta... not only the same boring amatriciana, bolonese or pesto it's innovative a bit without excess. They have a 10Euros lunch. It's hidden, tiny place and always full near the palau de la Musica. I think they don't want me to post positive stuff because it's already full has it is;) Couldn't resist. especially after seeing the picture on the restaurant on the site it's not representing at all. Only problem might be the space, the tables are tiny... and might be unconfortable for some. Enjoy Italian heaven;)

• Visited November 2012