“Charming hotel”

Pension Picasso
Pension Picasso
Ranked #483 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is one of most charming hotels I've ever been. Yes, you need earplugs because of noise, but there you can feel true Barcelona's spirit. Moreover, at night you can see lot of true spanish love dramas below your narrow balcony in narrow street (connecting to Rambla). One thing - if you never listen rock music, never want anarchy in the world and wealth is what you living for - this hotel is not for you:) P. S. There is no problem if you lost your keys - you can easily open your room lock with a small knife or screwdriver, but think twice where to leave your valuables.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is by far the most unimaginable dump of a “hotel” I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. And it pretty much spoilt my stay in Barcelona, a city I have visited numerous times. Had to change rooms as the shower on the top floor didn’t work so I guess that made just one working shower for the entire hotel. No towels, no television, no fan, no kettle, no toilet roll, no safety deposit all of which it claim to provide on their website. Décor disgusting, dirty wardrobe with broken doors, and unsafe electric connections with wires hastily strung together hanging over the shower and basin, Both the window lock and window shutters were broken so unable to close and the noise from the bar below the room was deafening. Location is mentioned as being a plus point however I have stayed in other budget hotels close or on La Rambla which have been fantastic. On a plus point, I did find the local prostitutes very helpful when we were unable to rouse the “24 hour” staff to be let back in and they showed us which buzzer to press.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank John H
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed for two nights before a cruise. Ten minutes leisurely walk dragging a luggage to the Port Shuttle stop via the La Rambla walk. Third floor Reception office and rooms, no elevator. No breakfast. Clean sheets, towel and community washrooms. Free room WIFI. I didn't expect a 3 or 4 star hotel for a 15 euro per night room. For those who expect otherwise, go someplace else.

Room Tip: Rooms by the Rambla could be a little noisy but okay to see what is going on out there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2013

good location, wifi in the room,
very noisy at night as there's a bar outside, no elevator, small room, old furniture,
the place is ok for just one night if u pay for it not more than 20 euros. the staff is not good at English

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Camilla S
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

What can I say? I paid on arrival then when I was shown my room I burst into tears. I say room, more like cell. The rickety old door could be opened from outside without the key! Luckily inside was a bolt and a safe. I had a balcony but the doors neither opened or shut. Not that I wanted to go out there as my view was a wall covered in pigeon poop. Im not sure how many people I shared my bathroom with but I got up at 7.30 every morning to avoid queues. Obviously a fantastic location, right on la Ramblas only about a hundred yards from the port but that also means it's very noisy. I don't mind the noise too much but when my alarm went off at 7am each day the party was still going on literally right below my window on the street! The staff seemed nice enough. Fairly clean aswell. Very run down.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AmmeDraw
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Never stay at this hostel!! My girlfriend and I were on a tight budget and were happy to stay in hostels throughout our 2 week trip throughout Europe. We booked out of this place and into a hotel within an hour. I cannot say anything good about this place apart from the location on la rambla, which also is a negative due to the unbearable noise. We arrived quite late (about 2300) and could not get access to the hostel as noone responded to the downstairs buzzer. We eventually got in as other hostel users left the building. After a walk up the dirty and noisy stairwell, we arrived into a rundown foyer. Our room was just as rundown and filthy. The noise and heat is unbearable. The floor is disgusting (one small tissue wipe left a big black dusty mark). The sink was falling apart and the worst part of the room were the bugs in the bed! The bathroom had uncovered sockets and taped up light switches. The hallway had an already used/broken firm alarm glass box. The lights were all uncovered and hanging off the walls. This is the most disgraceful 'accommodation' I have ever witnessed. AVOID at all costs!!!

• Stayed: August 2013