“Great location. Little inconvenient with key collection.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Ramblas Apartments III

Las Ramblas Apartments III
Ranked #488 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Calgary, Canada
“Great location. Little inconvenient with key collection.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I arranged this through booking.com. Great location to Las Ramblas, Gothic quarter and tourist bus departure. Very safe. Apartment was very clean and functional for a group of 5. Only thing to be cautious about is not everything that is advertised is always provided (for eg. ours said dishwasher included but in actuality was not). Also the biggest hurdle is trying to get the keys. There is no concierge on site. You have to go to another location to check-in pick up keys and arrive here. So if you have taxi with luggage, you are paying for meter to wait PLUS risk of leaving behind all valuables with a taxi driver. This is THE biggest minus of the whole arrangement.
For more tips and travel saving ideas in Spain visit my blog at

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Barcelona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Clean and fresch kitchen and bathrooms. Really hard beds without any blankets. Upon arrival there were no towels put in for us, but after a phonecall tthere were immediatly delivered. A lot of traffic noice . Close to all main attractions, restaurants and shops. Absolutely OK for a couple of nights. , but you should not have too high expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

We came as a family from a cruise trip and wanted to celebrate La Merce in Barcelona. Were it not located very close to the Cathedral I would have given it the lowest score possible. Three bedroom apartment looks old, dark and run-down. Buzzers from downstairs and outside the door do not work. Our relatives booked in other hotels had to wait in the street outside until someone from inside the apartment deicides to leave. Dirty old furnitures, sliding windows and aircon. Remote of one aircon missing. Some lamps do not work at all. Took a shower in cold water because heater did not work. Staff helped out though by sending plumber after dinner. We had no choice but to extend a couple more hours because my parent both 85 years old had to rest before flying another 25 hours home.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I love Barca and usually stay in the 1898 on the Ramblas (superb hotel) and so when we were taking our two daughters aged 8 and 10 to Spain this summer we thought that it would be good to spend a few days in Barca with them.

I did lots of research and settled on the 4 1/2 star Las Ramblas Apartments III due to the promised luxury and their location. It is a bit inconvenient to collect the keys from the Boutique Hotel about a km away, but I thought that's OK, you only have to do that once.

I telephoned in the taxi from the airport, as instructed to do, only to be told that the apartment wasn't available (looking at the reviews, not the first time this has happened!).

We were offered another apartment 2.6km away, which was a 3 star, called The Barcelona Suite Apartments. The lady at the reception was helpful, but she really had been dumped in it my the hotel chains management. They had very few alternative options to offer us, and we weren't happy being downgraded and told we had to stay in an area we didn't want to stay in. There was no mention of any refund either.

I explained that I should have been contacted and she claimed that she didn't have my contact details. Why? My contract was with Expedia, not this Boutique Hotel chain. Expedia have my telephone and email address, they should have contacted me and started the process to find alternative accommodation sooner. I called Expedia from the hotel and wasted valuable holiday time trying to sort it out, but they couldn't find any equivalent accommodation, so we accepted our fate and stayed at the Barcelona Suite Apartments.

These apartments are poor. We arrived and there was a complete lack of furniture in the bedrooms. No bedside tables, no lamps, no chest of drawers, just two single beds and a built in wardrobe with 4 hangers in it. There weren’t even any pictures on the dirty walls. It was more like a prison cell.

We were told there was a balcony. There wasn’t.

There was a tiny fridge under the counter with the freezer compartment door missing. There was a big space in the kitchen where a proper fridge should be.

The oven did not work. I reported this to the receptionist at the Barcelona Boutique Hotel on Sunday 5th and Monday 6th and was told that it would be fixed. It wasn’t. There was no toaster and no grille. We’d bought food that we couldn’t cook.

The first night we were woken up by the people in the apartment below shouting and singing at one in the morning. That apartment is owned by the same outfit that own the one we stayed in as I reported it to them.

In spite of the above, we had a great time in Barcalona.

I told Expedia when I was out there that I was expecting to be compensated and they got back to me and offered me £16. I said that was ridiculous and I wasn't accepting it and I would deal with it when I got back to the UK. They credited my account with £16.

When I got back I complained to Expedia and they gave me a partial refund. I'd rather have had the apartment I booked and not wasted time on the phone to Expedia's call centre in India, or wherever it was.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family