Urbany Barcelona Hostel
US$214
US$260
US$234
1,257 results
All reviewsparty busagbar towercommon roomkey cardmetro stationnice staysagrada familiapublic transportlockersdormstraightenerscomputersbackpackersterraceplugeurossangria
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I made a booking to this hostel and paid all in full, but unfortunately had to cancel my reservation due to last minute changes. The cancellation procedure was very difficult, I sent e-mail and called the hostel several times but all were unresponded. I find it VERY difficult to communicate with them, were told to call again and again the next day and had a feeling of being ignored when I asked for a refund. Despite the good review of the hostels, I would recommend people to be aware, because the cancellation and refund procedure were complicated and unclear.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Astas_Astas
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Travelled with a group of 20. Rooms are compact but have private bathrooms and are clean and modern. There is a small bar with a large terrace and the hostel is close to the Metro making everything in Barca within easy reach. They provide meals for group bookings and packed lunches and evening meal were very good. Breakfast more basic. The main downside was the very drunk football fans (there was Champions League game on) but to their credit the hostel ejected them after one night. Wating for the lift can be a pain (hostel is on 12 floors) and walls are thin so a bit noisy but staff very freindly and helpful.
I would stay their again with friends looking for a cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room at end the end of the corridor (away from the noisy lifts)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Thinktoomuch
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I made a reservation at this hostel back in September. When I arrived, I was surprised to discover that this hostel charges for every single thing on their premises: lockers, towels, Internet, etc. And they do not provide even the basics, like soap! Worst of all, they wanted me to pay an extra fee for paying with a credit card. After I made a comment regarding this, the front desk guy--who did not really understand what I was saying (in English)--got offended and upset and started cursing, as he was trying to make me understand that this place is a hostel and not a hotel. I got that! What I don't get is why the staff/owners of this hostel think that means it's acceptable to be stingy and cheap. They seem to think that since most of their guests are young and inexperienced travelers they can rip people off. Finally, this place is not as accessible as other reviewers suggest. It is cheap, yes. But you must take the metro everywhere, and the cost of this offsets what you may save by staying here. There are many better and well-located places in Las Ramblas.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Yorg30
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We came to Urbany Hostel in Barcelona after a friend recommended it. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm, the beds were very big and comfortable with clean sheets and the rooms had an ensuite bathroom which was great! it was also just across the road from the metro station which takes you to the heart of barcelona in about 10-15 minutes. There was free access to the gym and pool and also they provide free club entries which is a bonus! The neighbourhood itself didn't have a lot going on but the hostel was great!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Great location if you need to be near transport. We booked double room, got 4 bed room but sented as twin room with private bathroom.
Ecxellent rooftop bar! Staff is very kind, free wifi in the bar, cheap drinks, good vibe!
Place has spa, but we didn't have time to try it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple