“Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #339 of 760 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great location, great staff all at a great price!

I can't recommend this hostel enough, it's my favourite in Barcelona.
The rooms are so comfy and despite the noise that is to be expected from this amazing central location, the rooms are so quite allowing for a great sleep.

Love Barcelona and love this hostel, favourite place!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know that I booked this place last moinute as I leave everything until the last minute. I was very sceptical as everywhere else was at least €100-200 euro more expensive. Another strange thing was that you had to ring some1 and meet them to take you to the hostel (again I thought it must be in the middle of nowhere)

I was shocked when we were greeted by a lovely man that took us onto the main strip. Mapped out all the destinations and things we should see. Took us to the hostel which was a huge apartment with internet access a kitchen and a gorgeous private room with a balcony. The place was kept spotless at all times and the shared bathroom was only between a few so you were never waiting. It was in the best loaction for everything and we didnt spend anything on transport at all.

I would definitely recommend this to couples and groups of friends as it woukld suit all whether your on a budget or not.

Thankyou to all the lovely staff here that I met :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sivousplayful
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

My friend kindly organised out a contagion for our long weekend, and I don't think I could have chosen a better location!
The hostel is a few paces from Las Ramblas, and is a great place for commuting as it's situated close to several metro stops. The front of the hostel was very discrete, there is no indication that it's a hostel, which meant no one odd was hanging about!
It was great to have kitchen facilities, but my biggest complaint would be the shared bathroom. Though we were only a party of three, our room could have accommodated six, and the room next door was a four bed, so you do the maths! One bathroom between ten people. It was a nightmare in the mornings, and we were set back by a couple of hours due to queuing. If you were to stay here, bear in mind that you'll have to get up quite early to avoid waiting.
Apart from the bathroom situation, the hostel was clean, and towels are provided and changed every few days.

• Stayed June 2013
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

If there's a better price/performance ratio for an accommodation so centrally located, please let me know about it!

After a few days on my own in Barcelona, some friends were joining me, so after some research, we chose to stay @ Apt RamCat.

The communication when booking was prompt, and as several reviewers have mentioned, we were met in front of Hard Rock Café and then walked perhaps less than five minutes away to the property.

Great location: not directly on Las Ramblas, but less than 3 minutes walk from the room to the main street.

We got a 5-bed room allocated for the 3 of us, but with a shared bathroom. This is one of the downsides: there's just this one shower/toilet being shared between several rooms, which leads to tailbacks in the morning to use the shower. i think there are some rooms with ensuite facilities, and that's what i would choose the next time.

The other minus for me was there was no wifi, or if there was it didn't work at least while we were there. There is a PC there that is on from 1000-2200, which was useful.

My friends and i spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen for breakfast and dinner. You get allocated your own fridge & cabinet space. There are leftover items from previous visitors that can be used: salt, sugar, etc. (we thought we scored some oil, but it turned out to be vinegar when we tried to make our omelettes!)

Even though the place is centrally located, the hostel itself was quiet, and at least our room wasn't too bothered with outside street noises. My friends decided to extended their stay here another night, keeping the same room we had.

When coming back to Barcelona with a group of friends, i wouldn't look elsewhere very much for a place to stay in central Barcelona — but i would try to get the ensuite rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here two years ago (during the Volcanic ash fiasco). We were fortunate to be allocated a large room with a shared bathroom. There weren't quite enough blankets for a cooler time of year BUT the cost was so cheap and the location so good that it more than made up for it. One small issue was that one other apartment resident tended to hog the bathroom which was awkward, since their were 4 rooms in our apartment.

When the ash thing hit, Ramcat were more than happy to let us stay for longer and since it was cheap, we were fine.

Room Tip: Ask for the large room with the balcony
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joanna E
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed in a triple room for 3 nights during April/May 2012. I was met by the hostess infront of hardrock cafe and taken to the hostel. She kindly answered any questions that I had. Advised which areas to visit and avoid. The room was clean and contained lockable units. It was facing the street (which is just off the La Ramblas) so it was noisy outside well into the early hours of the morning, but thankfully the hostel was relatively quiet.
Main pluses are: friendly, clean, central location, reasonably priced
Main minuses are: noisy outside, only one toilet if you cant get ensuite room. This meant queing up, which wasnt ideal
Overall, good stay and if I was travelling alone, I wouldnt mind staying at Ramcat again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madrid
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I waited and waited, and waited and waited and the host never showed up. This is not an honest place apparently because they don't give out their address. They say they will meet you and they don't! They are running an illegal "hostel" so they don't want authorities to tax them for running a hoste. THATS why they don't give out their address. Its NOT the address on the website. The woman who answered the phone was very rude, yelling at me for not meeting her at the Hard Rock Cafe. Avoid these [--].

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank phred m

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels