We stayed here back in April 2014, our 1st visit to Barcelona
We arrived late on a Friday night, check in was very efficient and we were directed to our rooms on the top floor, 1 at the front overlooking Las Ramblas and the other at the back on the end overlooking La Boqueria, both rooms were clean and tidy and enough room for a long weekend. Our room over looking La Boqueria had 2 balconies, 1 directly overlooking into the market and 1 with a side view onto Las Ramblas.
On the 1st morning I was awoken by stall holders setting up market, however it wasn't enough to stop me staying here again, the other benefits of location and helpful reception staff out way the noise for me, I like to get engaged in the "local" feel and the market certainly gives plenty of feel.
We didn't eat in the hotel at all, breakfast seemed a little expensive,although this seems to be the norm in many of the hotels, instead we ate on the go as so much to fit in.
Our primary reason for our visit was take my son to watch a Barcelona football match, which was just a fantastic experience and very easy to get to from this hotel, given it's proximity to the underground network again due to location we were able to spend an afternoon down at the beach and harbour area, which was a bonus as they weren't part of our initial plan, but again location allowed for this
I found the hotel staff very friendly asking how our day was what we had planned for the following day, offering to help by means of local knowledge.
On the day we checked out our flight was not until 22:30, however the hotel allowed us to leave our luggage to make the most of our last day.
If you are looking for somewhere clean, friendly in a great location, this is certainly the hotel, I can't wait to arrange another trip to Barcelona and for the above mentioned reasons it will be to this hotel again.
Finally be careful not to confuse this hotel with the other Eurostar hotel on La Ramblas, that is further done towards the harbour area and IMO the wrong end of La Rambla for families at nighttime
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A three star hotel in the Ramblas of Barcelona, next to the famous Boqueria market, with a fresh , modern and comfortable design. The Exe Ramblas Boqueria is in a nineteenth century palace completely renovated on the inside and turned into a space of minimalist design with the latest technology and facilities set in the colors of a Mediterranean market. Due to its central location, situated between the Port of Barcelona and Plaza Catalunya, in the heart of Barcelona, the rooms of the hotel are perfectly soundproofed to guarantee its customers the best rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Lastminute, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Exe Ramblas Boqueria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Ramblas Boqueria Barcelona
- Exe Ramblas Boqueria Barcelona, Catalonia