“Ok hostel”
Review of Pars Teatro Hostel

and 1 more site!
Pars Teatro Hostel
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The showers and room were very clean and the cleaner did a great job at this. The bed was too soft for me but I'm sure others don't mind. The room had lockers but when you leave the hostel, you have to leave your keys at reception. WiFi was good in the room but was really poor in the common area. Location was alright, 10 mins walk to Ramblas and metro. A corner store is just around the corner and the hostel is situated on a very quiet street so there's no noise at night.

The con which led to a lower rating than i would have given: one of the staff (he's probably new) screwed up my booking. I arrived late in the night and he said that he couldn't find my booking. I gave him my confirmation email and he couldn't find my name on the printout and then said that it must have my name on it for it be valid. I showed him the email on my phone (which had my name on it, the same email that I printed) and he said, he can't accept that and must accept the printout. Then i found my name on the printout and then he made up more excuses, saying that the agent (booking.com) screwed up my booking. I spent ages waiting for him to find me a bed, have no idea what the big fuss was as there were plenty of beds available. Finally, he gave me a bed, still blamed the website for screwing up my booking, and told me that I'll have to check out and check in again in the morning. Morning came and I packed my luggage and stuff, went downstairs to check out and check in, but this time (a different guy, probably the owner) said that all has been taken care off and I can stay in the same room and bed. No need to move.

So, the first night was very negative experience, but then after that everything else was fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Vinniemcgrinnie

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I had avery nice time in this hostel , they helped me with everything i needed .lovely staff and clean -clean -clean everything.i needed go to doctor and they helped me calling doctor to hostel and search my medicin at night . realy apreciate them for all .

Room Tip: My room was with a big window , bright and sunny . lovely and comphy and cean beds .they clean every...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lusine K
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hostel and in my opinion its one of the best stay. Barcelona was great and this hostel made it even better, with really friendly staffs and basic facilities. The location of this hostel is convenient, near to the metro station and surrounded with good restaurants and tapas bars which are value for money and definitely worth giving a go.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank markdealwis
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I wanted to celebrate my B-Day in Barcelona and luckily chose this hostel!! Very friendly persons, everything was clean, a beautiful kitchen.... The girls at the reception know everything and even the insider facts about bcn! So i had my very best B-Day there!!! Next to the ramblas and the harbour. Thanks a lot :-)

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Cecille88
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Nice hostel, very clean, people are nice. Great location, close to see side and to La Rambla. Only the breakfast, which is included on the web site, and it''s not for a real. The lady explained, that is a mistake, and if we want we can have by paying €2,5 per person per day, what was a little bit tricky. Anyway the rest was great, fully equipment kitchen, great atmospher... mitting with other people in the living room/ kitchen. Nice, nice, nice. If ever will come back to BCN, will go there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jagaKrakow
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Albareda Youth hostel is a nice and clean hostel...the stuff is awesome and always traying to get u a smile on your face!...

they know a lot of the city, partys, restaurants or pubs....if u got a question they got the answer!...

i would definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JanTravel648
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great location, close to la Ramblas and the beach, very clean, helpful staff, good standard of bathrooms. 20 euro deposit for locker key and room key, so 40 euros in all which is a bit steep. Also there is no communal place to hang out after 12, you get kicked out the kitchen/computer/sitting area, and noise travels throughout the hostel pretty loudly. You also have to leave your keys at reception when you leave, and there is no swipe card to enter the hostel so you have to ring the bell (it sometimes takes a few minutes to get let in again), very annoying if you just want to pop out for a cigarette. Not many plug sockets for phone charging etc, but this is a minor quibble. Decent place to sleep though! Enjoy BCN!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple