“Very clean, nice people.”
Review of Pars Teatro Hostel

and 1 more site!
Pars Teatro Hostel
Reviewed 13 July 2013

What can I say? Always spotlessly clean, always hot water, always very kind staff (helped me practice my Spanish and the lady made sangria for us on my last night) and easy enough to meet people if your a lone traveller. Also nice and close to all the tourist areas without being right in the middle of it. Thank you to the owners for a great stay :)
Stayed July 1- July 5 2013 travelled alone.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 10 July 2013

From my initial emails to the hostel, I could tell that the service would be friendly. They even accommodated my friend who was arriving later than me so we could stay in the same room. They were renovating while I was there so there was some construction going on, but only during the day when you're out and about. The family that runs the hostel are so kind. They gave me tons of advice including restaurants in the area that make amazing paella. You're so close to La Rambla, the beach, and public transportation. You just walk everywhere. The common area is nice with the computer and tons of travel books to peruse. I liked the common kitchen and the sangria night was so much fun! They have activities and even recommend nightlife, giving you some passes to get in and such. The breakfast was quite basic but most at hostels are. This hostel was full when we were there, but there was enough room to accommodate everybody. The shower/bathroom area is super clean and all of the bedrooms were too. Thank you so much for the memorable experience. I LOVED Barcelona.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I'd say this is probably one of the most friendliest hostel I ever stay. The location are really convenience which is closed to metro station and Rumla the busiest street in Barcelona. The staff are really friendly. The hostel are always clean. Another good thing about this hostel was wifi, I'd be able to get an access everywhere even when I was on the bed, whereas some hostel you may have to stay only around lobby area. I was staying there during February so the weather are coolish. The landlady *I'm sorry I cannot remember her name she was really nice. She cooked pasta for five of us one night and ended up sharing our travel experience., which I really enjoy my time and my stay in Barcelona. I really cannot wait to go back and stay there again. I totally recommend this hostel for all backpackers.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Literally the most awful accommodation experience I have ever had abroad. Extremely rude staff in this poorly run place put a downer on my trip. The only positive was the central location and the other travellers I met staying at this place were nice and friendly. If you want to be treated like a juvenile and subscribe to a lot of irrelevant rules then stay here, if not I strongly advise looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank babymonkey_13
mitra2, Director General at Pars Teatro Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Itis easy to compare all other coments with yours .

We were waiting this coments from 6 unpleasent girls that made the life impossible for the staff and the roommates .you wanted to cancel at check in a reservacion of 6 persons 10 nights, because somebody offer you an aprtment in the street . not accepted logicaly . then you kept the room dirty rand untidye all the time . you walked on topless in and out all the time and the staff had to call to police 2 times for your bad manners. you was crying at midnight in the showers . we asked 2 of your friends check out , because it was imposible with them . but again we was tolerate with you . at the sonar nights you introduce boys to the room and the staff had so many problemes with you . nobody wanted to stay in the same room with your group.
We never had so rude and unpleasent young girls like your group running 20 years diferent hostels . so everybody who read this lines can understand what happened .

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Absolute best staff of anywhere I have stayed. They are seriously so nice, friendly and helpful, really making sure you have a good time. They are also genuinly interested in you and spending time talking to you. The common areas are great--really well furnished, spacious and functional. The showers are so nice-like rainwater showers! The location is good, way more calm and safe than areas right in the centre of everything but still very conveinent. Good advice on activities. It is a place you really can control your own level of socialization...I think anyone could do well here.

Con...someone comes in to clean the rooms in the morning, which is nice BUT they will clean while you are sleeping , which is awkward. Also, everyday they take your sheets and blankets and fold them up into a weird square. I had some of my things folded into this packet and others dropped under the bed before I knew they would do this. It´s nice they clean but I´d rather have my bed be private while I stay somewhere. The place is a bit loud since sound comes up from the common areas from people coming in late at night and then leaving early in the morning a mere few hours later. Breakfast is nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Teresa D
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was my first visit to Barcelona and I was a little nervous about staying at a hostel considering some difficult experiences I had had in the past. When I first arrived the check-in process was super easy. The staff was expecting me and had everything ready to go. I found the place to be really clean (a professional cleaning person comes in every day) and all the guests very friendly. The atmosphere is as social as you want it to be. Some people prefer to spend a bit more time alone than others, but most tend to socialize quite a bit in the common areas. This hostel seems to attract very respectful travelers. I enjoy this hostel so much that on my return to Barcelona from my cruise I didn't even look anywhere else. This place just feels like home.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Arcenis R
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Really a very nice homely hostel with nice lounge and kitchen.
The room and bathroom are clean and not too small. Is very central.
Since we had already booked another hostel, we had to leave again for a short time, but since I liked it so much I came back. We have met great people there so we could ferent Thanks Mafalda and Nicey experience the nightlife.
When I come back to Barcelona, I will certainly go back to the Youth Hostel Albareda. Thanks for a great time and great atmosphere....
Since your the best!