“Great location poor design”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Barcelona Nextdoor Apartments
Ranked #446 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great location poor design”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Rented a perfectly located apartment here last fall. Well equipped but more stylish than functional. The design made it a bit difficult to keep clean, so I had to clean myself since I found it dirty. The poor design of the bathrooms made it smell moisture. Mixed feelings.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
barcelonanextdoor, Reservas at Barcelona Nextdoor Apartments, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Carl,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback following your recent stay in BarcelonaNextDoor.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.
Regarding the design, we do our best to improve all our appartments.
We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Barcelona.

BarcelonaNextDoor Team.

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Promised not what was said in the email. The jacuzzi was not hot, but took almost one day to warm up. When we contacted them they do not want help. Then they took out additional 200 euros for not tossed trash. it stretched out apparently not with the 90 euros they took in the cleaning fee.

They are very friendly until you have paid then you get no help.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank joel F

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We are a family of five and stayed in Fira Luxury Apartment.
The pluses were: right next to the subway, restaurants and supermarkets close enough, spacious with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, lounge and dining room.
The minuses were: the flush from one of the bathrooms was not working and the first night, at about 23:00, while we were inside somebodies tryed to unlock the door and steal us, but we scared them away. Once we told the staff, they were helpful enough and the next day a technician came and placed as second lock at the door and repaired the flush.

Room Tip: The fastest-cheapest way (35min - 5.90€) to get to the office for check-in is with the Aerobus from...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paris181085
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Do not book with barcelona nextdoor!!! The apartment was NOT CLEAN, blood-spots on the floors and on the beds, so much dust you couldn´t breathe. Hair on the beds and on the floors and coffee-spots on the sink. The staff didn´t help us when we came with our complain, they only care about money so they threw us out of the office and rent the apartment to someone else without any compensation even though We paid for 8 more nights. I would not recommend YOU to book with Barcelona nextdoor.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank SwedenMalmoe
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very responsive to emails prior to stay, then completely unresponsive when there is a problem. Picture of apartment great, reality far different. Shower drained so slowly that it flooded, the base was so small that you could only have a shower for 30 seconds before the flooding. We used every piece of linen provided in the first evening cleaning up this mess. The emergency number receives no response. No email response till we had gone three days of no shower. Repairman supposedly sent round but shower remained unfixed the entire stay. Wifi does not exist. Cupbard door fallen off and leaning up against s wall. Kitchen hardly stocked. Lots of hidden costs, completely dodgy dealers. Save yourself the heartache - Barcelona is beautiful and you need a good place to be able to enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CJwannaB
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

These people are liars and thieves the pics on web site well those apartments may exist but we never got the chance to see them.

We booked a one bedroom apartment with sitting room and a washing machine we are on a long trip and needed to do a wash.What we got was a newly renovated two bedroom apartment Sounds wonderful doesn't it we when I say newly renovated the paint was still wet the floor was covered in paint splatter the Ikea furniture was falling apart the hot water lasted about 6 mins the windows opened onto the lift shaft the free wifi well there isn't any.oh and it's located in a very rundown unsafe part of town my wife had he handbag stolen 50 mts from the front door Like others I tried complaining but the woman on he phone is an expert at sounding sorry, " you can move but you will have to pay the HIDDEN €50 cleaning fee again" I mean come on !!! We sent a lot of emails I rang a lot of times they ended up not taking my calls until I disabled caller ID even the emergency number wouldn't take my calls I booked through Booking.com and I am waiting for there response I have asked for a refund I won't hold my breath. Please do not stay at one of there apartments

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Paulwoodsie
london
Reviewed 28 June 2012

To Be honest, where do I start.......
I am a regular traveller for both work and pleasure, I travel all over the world including third world countries and BY FAR the experince my family received during our 7 days stay with Barcelona next door was the worst i have ever had.
Note to trip advisor, your rating counter should include an option "would rather stick pins in my eyes!" before the "terrible" option as I feel that even "Terrible" was too good description for them.
I was fooled into booking the holiday through them by their amazing pictures on their websites which looked amazing.
It Alll started when we requested an early check in for 11am as our flight arrived 9.30am into Barcelona, they confirmed this was ok and that we would be met at the apartment by somebody with the keys.
We arrived on time but to our surprise no one was there.
Bare in mind I had 2 children (3 years old and 3 months old) with me, my wife, a double buggy, 3 large suitecases and to hold bags.
We had to wait on the streets for over an hour for somebody to arrive.
We were supplied with an emergency number to call which we did but went through to some woman who was actually at the barcelona grand prix so she couldnt hear us and we didnt get anywere..... so much for the emergency number!
finally we were met with the keys.
checked into sky loft terrace 2 and they demanded balance of payment in cash which had never been mentioned before.
I refused and said i would pay on card.
apartment was filthy, smelt of urine and to top it all off was infested with bugs / termites of some sort.
when we complained to the useless woman on the Emergency number she first of all accused us of bringing them in with us on flowers or plants! we argued all day and refused to stay their as we had 2 small children 3 year old and 3 month old. finally at 9pm they agreed to put us into another apartment, Fontanella which we had to get 2 seperate taxis to with all our luggage.
on arrival the front of the apartment block was under contrsuction still with dirty green netting over the front, plus the block was down some dark dirty back street which wasnt safe at all.
When walking into the hall way it looked like a scene out of Hostel and looked more like a Prostitute house. we finally arrived into the apartment about 10pm (bare in mind we had been up since 2am) on opening the door my 3 year old son nearly stepped onto a piece of wood which was left of the floor with an exposed nail pointing up which could have serioudly hurt him, when complaining to them they mearly said " please put the wood somewhere safe" and didnt even apologise.
again the apartment was run down, dirty and dark and dingy
the next morning I had 3 phone calls before i had even woken up from the demanding payment as they couldnt process my card details because their system was down, again demanded cash.
I refused and told them to keep trying they actually threatened to throw us out on the streets unless we paid cash. again i refused.
finally their system allowed the payment and he confirmed all was ok and he we wouldnt need to speak again, on check out the follwoing week to leave the keys in the apartment on departure.
we had 1 day not speaking to them which meant we could actually relax and enjoy Barcelona.
The day after again in the morning I received many phone calls from their office advising that we needed to move out this apartment immediatly and back to the old dirty one as fontanella was double booked, I refused as all the moving was extremely stressful and said that they hadnt advised this at first and told them to put new arrivals in our old apartment as we wasnt moving, they then threatened again to throw us out on the streets with police escort if needed!!!!!.
we actually had to baracade ourselves into our apartment with the fear that we would be thrown out. we couldnt go out in fear that if we returned all our luggage and belongings would be on the streets. we tried booking other hotels but becase of the grand prix that week this was near impossible.
we decided to book early flights home as the stress had made my wife and children ill.
I havent even gone into much detail on this review so much other stuff happened and was wrong with the apartment but there arent enough hours in the day to list.
trust me do not use this company, I am currently still battling with them on a refund, I have actually contacted my credit card company and requested a charge back as they are denying there was any problems. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!! Cliff.

Room Tip: dont do it, dont do it dont do it
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family