“Simply Fantastic”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Based on an exhaustive selection of the best raw materials in our region, the gastronomic offer is made from simple and tasty tapas to a full season tasting menu. Paying the utmost attention in the respect for the raw materials, producers and our environment, we work to make the gastronomic experience not only pleasant and fun, but also sustainable, fair and healthy. 80% of the products we use in our kitchen, from vegetables, meats and fish, to wines, beverages and breads, come from small producers in the region. This obliges us and allows us to always work with seasonal products and update our menus permanently. We do not use gluten or lactose and the sugar from our desserts is integral and environmentally friendly. The visit of our clients, then, becomes a comprehensive event ranging from the sensory enjoyment proper to an emotional satisfaction derived from the knowledge of knowing that what is being enjoyed also contributes to strengthen the local economy and Our own health.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've never had a wine paired so perfectly! Each course was perfect! I would highly recommend a stop, plan on at least 3 hours to complete the experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,342)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our diner last month was absolutely marvallous! Not only the food was excellent but also the presentation and the diversity of the different tastes. It was a big suspens to know if we will have a table because we did not booked in advance. We were on our way to go to eat something in Barcelonetta when Marcos called to announce we got a table.
Marcos advised us with an excellent wine from Catalunya!
We had an excellent gastromical night and all the servers were very kind and explained perfectly all the different courses.
Bravo bravo bravo! We will come back but we will book in advance!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

What an amazing restaurant. We booked in advance as were looking for a high quality restaurant whilst celebrating a friends birthday in Barcelona. We took a taxi from our hotel and had to walk the last 5 minutes we struggled to find the restaurant, as it is down a narrow street and set back. Only a small place but the whole experience was fantastic. We had the gastronomic menu with the wine pairings . Every course was fantastic, our waiter described every course and the wine to go with. Me and my friend both had food allergies and they had no problem catering the courses to our dietary needs. Would recommend everyone go here as you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I turned up on the off chance but thankfully for us another couple had had to cancel their booking so we were invited in. My reviews always consider not just the food but also the staff along with the ambience / environment. I believe a great dining experience must achieve in all three aspects.

Firstly, the food. In summery - excellent! We opted for the Taster Menu 'Gastronomique' along with the recommended wine list to accompany each course. Each dish provided well presented delights of interesting, and sometimes unusual, flavour combinations. For example (and not all in the same dish of course!), lettuce ice cream with gaspacho, duck and pear ravioli with duck foie, partridge salad with a partridge ice cream.

Secondly, the staff. Again, in summary - excellent! They were exceptionally friendly without being intrusive and each course, and wine, was served with a full description and in the case of the wine, tasting notes. The key thing here is that they were passionate and proud about the food, wine, skills of the chef and to be part of the diners experience.

Lastly, the environment. This, I'm afraid to say, is where in my opinion there is room for improvement. On entering the restaurant there is an older style chilled storage / display unit containing items such as pea shoots, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms etc. it looks a little odd as it gives the visual impression that you are entering a grocers as opposed to a top end restaurant. Another review I read (after visiting) makes reference to a musty smell in the restaurant. I also detected this and I strongly suspect that it was coming from this unit. I must stress that it is not unclean or the food not fresh - it's just the smell of ingredients all mingled together. My other comment is that the bathroom facilities were tired and could do with updating to bring them in line with the top class food that is served in this restaurant.

Overall a great dining experience but unfortunately, not quite excellent. However, a small number of changes to the environment would address this.

Enjoy,

The Nibbler.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Was a nice experience. Ideally located in the gotic quarter. The food is entirely made from local ecological products. We had tasting menu and it was paired with local catalonian wines. All in all a good meal.