“Perfect location for sightseeing etc”

AinB Gothic-Jaume I
Ranked #545 of 721 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for sightseeing etc”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

After reading reviews of this hotel, we knew we were going to be in for a bit of noise so just a warning if you are a light sleeper.

The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and tidy, fresh towels, clean kitchen and bathroom. The bed was comfy and all appliances were in working order. Due to the apartment location, there is a tendancy for noise from the streets below, mainly parades passing and traffic from the nearby square. This wasn't something that bothered us at all during our stay as you can't really expect a quiet time when you're right in the middle of it all. It certainly didn't detract from the enjoyment of our stay.

Everything we wanted to see was within walking distance apart from La Sagrada Familia which was an easy metro journey away. The nearest square with bars and restaurants was a 5 minute walk and there are plenty of bakeries and coffee shops and bars in the surrounding areas.

I would highly recommend this self catering stay to younger couples who don't mind a bit of noise and city life.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LouH777
gestionapartments, Director General at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Apartments in Barcelona. We will be glad to welcome you in the future.
Best regards from Barcelona.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hebrew first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed here for a few days in August. We were originally meant to stay at another apartmentinbarcelona location but when we arrived we were moved to Jaume 1. I'm pleased that after seeing the first apartment location we were lucky enough to be moved as it didn't look safe.

The apartments were well equiped ours (room 3 on the second floor) came with a double and single bed a small kitchen area including 2 hobs and a fridge with pans, crockery, washing up liquid, towels and utensils. The bathroom was spacious with a nice shower, hairdryer and towels were provided There are plenty or supermarkets around if you are cooking. Our room also came with air con which although it was noisy it was effective. The room doesn't come with a safe.

The nice touch about this room was the small patio with table and chairs which was nice to soak up the atmosphere.

There was a lift to get up to the rooms. The stairway was open brick with metal stairs with a focal point at the entrance showing some of the original foundations.

Jaume 1 is just off the gothic quarter and therefore expect noise. If you are light sleeper then maybe best to take earplugs as can hear drunken people until 3am and there is constant traffice noise at all hours.

Getting around is easy enough, the metro stop is at the end of the stree and there are plenty of taxis around.

La Rambla is a 5 min walk however I wasn't impressed after hearing the hype it just seemed to be people selling naff products and pickpockets waiting to strike.

I would recommend eating and drinking at Placa Reial, a quarter with many restuarant including Les Quinze Nits. A restuarant which is value for money but we did have to queue to eat outside but it was worth it.

We got on a sightseeing bus to get around, you can get on and off as many times as you like to have a look at the sights with buses arriving every 5-10 minutes. It costs 23 euros for one day or 30 euros for two days.

I will go back to Barcelona as there wasn't enougth time to do everything in 3 days however I wouldn't go back to this apartment.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends