“Don't go there. ”

Ranked #547 of 722 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Saldus, Latvia
“Don't go there. ”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We booked for one night...so arrived early in the hotel..but the chekin is on 15:00 so they could not give the toom faster..we had a small baby..there were no toilets or bathroom in the reception room so we couldn't change diapers..and wee needed to wait for the room 3 hours and when we walked back they gave the wrong room in in the ground floor with windows with no day light at all and we booked also with balcony and paid for the balcony..but they said its the only available room and theres no chance to get our room with balcony..very bad staff and bad quality rooms..no kettle in the kitchen..no shampoos or bath gel no choice that we can get our toom with balcony

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank velguciss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place is in a great location-that is the ONLY good thing. It is dirty. The towels are so thin that you can read a newspaper thru it. The phone and TV don't work and the mgmt doesn't care!! They say they "tidy-up" everyday-they do not! They bring in "clean" towels every other day. They also did not change the sheets on the 3rd day as promised. It is noisy and the windows don't block out the sound. I wish I could give this place a negative star rating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you want to have a good night sleep, don't pick this one! The street outside the window is noisy, very noisy, even till early late id-night, so that I have to get up to write this review. It is just too noisy! The room is small, not up to the name of an apartment, at most a a small studio. The towels are not that clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I just booked this apartment for 5 nights on booking.com and got the usual confirmation. Upon later reading I noticed that the address was different. I had been given a room in the much smaller Little Jaume. This apartment block is much smaller, has no lift, spiral staircase and no airconditioning. After several emails to booking.com I had the reservation cancelled without penalty. This looks like a good place but I do t think they should be allowed to put you in the other apartment block when you think you are booking this one. Be wary that this may happen to you.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer H
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We spent two nights in an apartment. Firstly, the positives. The apartment was small but adequate and clean. The Gothic Barrio area is very vibrant and interesting. On our first full day, my husband's backpack was stolen. Amongst other things it included the keys to our rental car. Ignacio and the other staff were incredibly helpful in contacting the rental company and through a number of calls and interpreting, helped us arrange a replacement car. Ignacio even walked us back to meet the roadside assist at the parking garage where the car was. He also on the way, gave us great restaurant recommendations.

The negative was that I had assumed from the website, the apartment would have a lift. Beware that not all of them do. Ours was up 68 incredibly narrow stairs and I mean narrow. It was not great for two 50 plus travellers to lug suitcases. So make sure to ask for an apartment with a lift.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
quim b, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give us feedback about your stay. We are very sorry about the trouble with your husband’s backpack, but glad Ignacio could help you out into solving the problem with your rental car. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the lack of the elevator, but please allow me to mention that the name of the building without elevator is “Little Jaume” (it has a different page on tripadvisor, maybe you didn’t find it).

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly on your next trip to Barcelona so that we could offer you an apartment suitable for your needs.

Receive our best wishes and thoughts!
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We fell in love with this place from the beginning. Not just for its great location (you can walk everywhere), but for its staff and cleanliness. If you must catch a late flight (ours was departing at midnight), they are happy to keep your luggage at the Reception so we could enjoy one more full day of Barcelona. Although you don’t have all the amenities of a hotel, the best thing is that you feel like you are living as if you were a local.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It makes us really happy when we can make our guests to feel like if they were locals. It’s the greatest compliment we can receive. It’s our pleasure to do all we can so that you can enjoy your vacation to its maximum.

Don’t hesitate to write us when you pass by Barcelona! Our staff will take the best care of you!

Until the next time, receive our best wishes!
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Occasionally going to Barcelona every year & trying out new apartments -AinB by far has topped it off for me. Lovely female and male at the office i met, who are very helpful and given directions to the apartment by them, themselves even taking you saves plenty of time to ensure you are not wondering around. stayed in a in a back road of Ataulf roughly 5-10 minute walk away from Las Ramblas and incredibly close to bars such as Bollocks & many restaurants. Fresh,modern furnishing & even the cleaner was a lovely friendly woman. Couldn't be more thankful for this company making my stay within the city have my belongings in a safe building and kind regards to them all, wishing them the best. Huge recommendation.

J-light brown hair female from february.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Your words made us feel very proud with our staff and with the apartment itself. We are very grateful for such a positive feedback! Hopefully, we’ll have the chance to welcome you again in Barcelona and make your stay as good as this one.

There is just a small detail that needs to be clarified: your review is about another apartment building that we have (I realized that when you mentioned the name of the street). The name of the property on tripadvisor is “AinB Gothic Cathedral”. This is just to avoid confusion for other travelers that might be interested in staying with us.

Once again, thanks a lot for your uplifting words!

Best regards from Barcelona!