“Great location, noisy noisy noisy!!!!!”

AinB Gothic-Jaume I
Ranked #547 of 735 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Location is absolutely fabulous other than some nice smells but that's Barcelona!, don't think they are actually apartments as facilities limited but worst of all you get working up during the night with the bins being emptied between 2 and 3am as well as the bar noise. Just in case you thought you could sleep in to compensate then no chance, school or crèche opposite wake you up nice and early:(

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We booked for one night...so arrived early in the hotel..but the chekin is on 15:00 so they could not give the toom faster..we had a small baby..there were no toilets or bathroom in the reception room so we couldn't change diapers..and wee needed to wait for the room 3 hours and when we walked back they gave the wrong room in in the ground floor with windows with no day light at all and we booked also with balcony and paid for the balcony..but they said its the only available room and theres no chance to get our room with balcony..very bad staff and bad quality rooms..no kettle in the kitchen..no shampoos or bath gel no choice that we can get our toom with balcony

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank velguciss
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place is in a great location-that is the ONLY good thing. It is dirty. The towels are so thin that you can read a newspaper thru it. The phone and TV don't work and the mgmt doesn't care!! They say they "tidy-up" everyday-they do not! They bring in "clean" towels every other day. They also did not change the sheets on the 3rd day as promised. It is noisy and the windows don't block out the sound. I wish I could give this place a negative star rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you want to have a good night sleep, don't pick this one! The street outside the window is noisy, very noisy, even till early late id-night, so that I have to get up to write this review. It is just too noisy! The room is small, not up to the name of an apartment, at most a a small studio. The towels are not that clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I just booked this apartment for 5 nights on booking.com and got the usual confirmation. Upon later reading I noticed that the address was different. I had been given a room in the much smaller Little Jaume. This apartment block is much smaller, has no lift, spiral staircase and no airconditioning. After several emails to booking.com I had the reservation cancelled without penalty. This looks like a good place but I do t think they should be allowed to put you in the other apartment block when you think you are booking this one. Be wary that this may happen to you.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We spent two nights in an apartment. Firstly, the positives. The apartment was small but adequate and clean. The Gothic Barrio area is very vibrant and interesting. On our first full day, my husband's backpack was stolen. Amongst other things it included the keys to our rental car. Ignacio and the other staff were incredibly helpful in contacting the rental company and through a number of calls and interpreting, helped us arrange a replacement car. Ignacio even walked us back to meet the roadside assist at the parking garage where the car was. He also on the way, gave us great restaurant recommendations.

The negative was that I had assumed from the website, the apartment would have a lift. Beware that not all of them do. Ours was up 68 incredibly narrow stairs and I mean narrow. It was not great for two 50 plus travellers to lug suitcases. So make sure to ask for an apartment with a lift.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
quim b, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give us feedback about your stay. We are very sorry about the trouble with your husband’s backpack, but glad Ignacio could help you out into solving the problem with your rental car. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the lack of the elevator, but please allow me to mention that the name of the building without elevator is “Little Jaume” (it has a different page on tripadvisor, maybe you didn’t find it).

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly on your next trip to Barcelona so that we could offer you an apartment suitable for your needs.

Receive our best wishes and thoughts!
AinB – Your Apartments in Barcelona

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We fell in love with this place from the beginning. Not just for its great location (you can walk everywhere), but for its staff and cleanliness. If you must catch a late flight (ours was departing at midnight), they are happy to keep your luggage at the Reception so we could enjoy one more full day of Barcelona. Although you don’t have all the amenities of a hotel, the best thing is that you feel like you are living as if you were a local.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It makes us really happy when we can make our guests to feel like if they were locals. It’s the greatest compliment we can receive. It’s our pleasure to do all we can so that you can enjoy your vacation to its maximum.

Don’t hesitate to write us when you pass by Barcelona! Our staff will take the best care of you!

Until the next time, receive our best wishes!
AinB – Your Apartments in Barcelona