“Great value basic accommodation in great location”

LK Hostel Consell de Cent
Ranked #537 of 722 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great value basic accommodation in great location”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is located about 500 metres from Sants station in downtown Barcelona. It is a small, basic place run by a Chinese family. The quadruple room was clean, sparsely furnished, but completely adequate for our family of 4. The owners are friendly and will store your luggage for a few Euros. Assuming you get a good price this is an excellent choice.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Situatedness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Barcelona
Reviewed 14 May 2012

It was the second coming to this hostel and the first one left a nice impression.
I tell about second coming.
We come at midnight. And receptionist told us that there were not avaliable rooms. I showed him invoice, booking confirmation via easybook.com and correspondence with hostel, but he insisted on he had not availible rooms because easybook.com didn't sent information about it.
This situation continued 2 hours. Receptionist proposes to us go to another hotel. But we didn't wanted to do it because we had confirmed reservation and we paid it yet.
In result he told us, that he had 1 availible room for us, because another tourists didn't come. But I think these another tourists were we!
I don't know why this situation was and who done a mistake. But I hope to solve this problem and doesn't repeat it ever.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

manchester
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stopped here from the 20th April - 23 April 2012. Overall our experience was very good, especially for the amount we paid (£98 for 3 nights for two people). The hotel is located within walking distance from Barcelona Sants Railway station which has frequent services to the airport. It is also located very close to Hostafrancs and Tarragona Metro stations (we found hostafrancs easier to use as it is better connected). The rooms were very clean. The bed was comfy. New towels were brought every day. Our room overlooked the street. There was a balcony but we were not able to access this as the air conditioning unit was in the way! There are vending machines which allowed you to get teas/coffees and crisps and chocolate etc. If I had to pick fault, I would say the shower is quite small, there is no lift and the staff dont speak very much english at all. However they can make themselves understood and non of this made our stay uncomfortable.

I would recommend this hotel if ur wanting budget accomodation in a central location with easy access to all the tourist attrractions.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed in Barcelona for four nights, and when booking, we knew that we didn't want a big, fancy hotel, just somewhere we could stay the night . After a lot of browsing through comparisong sites, we discovered this little Hostel in Montjuic, which was very reasonable priced - a double room with en-suite for £38 a night! The staff, although didn't speak very good English, were always accommodating, and we got maid service every other day too. There was a TV in the room as well, although EVERY channel is in Spanish, unless you go to the settings and change the language of the English speaking shows to their original audio, so it'd be nice for them to maybe consider getting some channels for people of other nationalities other than Spanish for the TVs.
Also one of the main downsides to this hostel was that it got rather noisy, both during the day and the night, which is particularly inconvenient if you're trying to sleep, and you've got bin men at work outside at 12am! Probably one of the reasons was because the windows were only single-glazed, so not only would it get very cold in the winter, but it's much easier for noise to travel through! If you're booking here, I recommend that you ask for a room that's not got a view over the street outside! Apart from these two problems though, it was a very pleasant stay, and we definitely got what we wanted out of it at a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: Would recommend only for spring or summertime!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Lakewood, California
Reviewed 4 December 2010

Pros:
- quick walk from the main train station Sants
- clean
- wifi ok, was told it only works on the first floor but it worked on the second floor where we were staying in our room by the window only
- safe
- relatively quiet neighborhood
- satellite TV
- in-room heater and A/C; we had to use the heater and it worked well

Cons:
- neighborhood is boring! not a fault of this hotel but it is quite a walk away from the touristy spots like Las Ramblas etc.
- no hot water
- it is very very bare. they don't have any sort of decorations and it is a bit dismal inside.

I would recommend it if you want to stay in this area, or if you are looking for something close to the train station. The mgmt. is nice - we even overslept and checked out a littel bit late and they did not bother us or charge us extra. They also speak English fluently which is a huge plus.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I arrived at this hostal on 11 october 2010 when a young guy korean served us at the receptionist. I booked this hostal through laterooms.com. Once I was arrived i was surprised that my booking was not in their list and yet i was double charged when indeed, i knew from earlier that i was being charged already through my bank ( my bank statement showed that ). At that moment that guy was requesting me to show something as a proved. Thus I gave him a proved of a copy of my bank statement and he promised to settle it by a thursday ( 14 october ) however till not this hostal has not yet refunded me even lying to me and purposely not replying my email regarding this matter ( for more than 5 times already).

I stayed at this hostal on my first visit to barcelona in June then came again in October and stayed at the same hostal. But for the second time, I was double charged and been lied as he, the receptionist did not keep his promise though I have shown him a proved. A bank statement is not lying!! I am still awaiting for my money to be refunded back...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aGuest123
Manchester
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I stayed at the LK Hostel with my wife and daughter from the 8/09/10 to the 12/09/10 upon our arrival the owners son went out of his way to make us feel very welcome and advised us where the local transport links were.

The room was very spacious and very clean.
The big plus point of this hotel is its location it is no more than five minuites walk from Barcelona Sans railway station which has a direct line to the airport or the Placa Espania metro line which allows you to travel on any line of the metro system, nearby there are many ATMs shops, bars and restaurants.

I would highly recomend the hotel and we are going to return early in December.

James A Oldham UK