“A great cheap hotel, in a good location.”

LK Hostel Consell de Cent
Ranked #534 of 736 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed here between 9th-14th May 2013. We had a twin room booked through booking.com. We arrived at earliest check in but the room wasn't yet ready, so we left our luggage and went for a wander, which we planned to do even if the room was ready so it wasn't a problem. When we got back the room was ready, our luggage had being put in our room. The room was clean and tidy and the bed comfy. The staff were friendly and gave us advice on the best way to get to places when we asked. They don't serve breakfast but told us about a great cafe/bakery called Audreys 5 minute walk away. All in all about great place to stay for a city break.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I reserved a room months before my trip through Hotels.com and everything was confirmed. I also emailed this hostel in advance to see if we could extend our stay but heard nothing back so arrived on the day of the booking. On arrival (after lugging our bags up some VERY steep stairs on a very hot day) I was horrified to see that the hostel obviously had some sort of infestation as some rooms were being fumigated!!
I showed the reception staff my printed confirmation, she took full payment for the room on my prepaid travelmoney card. I was then told AFTER the payment had been taken that she could not find our reservation. She then said there was no reservation due to a fault of Hotels.com and if we wanted a room we would have to pay for a triple room for nearly double the price of our reserved double room. I asked if we could have the room at the same price because of the mix up but she said no. All the while it was difficult to communicate as she didn't sepak very good English.
I explained that we couldn't afford the more expensive room and was just told to go somewhere else. She did refund the money I had paid back onto my card but said that it wouldn't show up until the following day. This was ridiculous as it was the last night of our holiday and we didn't have any funds to pay for another room! She had known this so could have given the refund in cash to help us out but what was really annoying was that she shouldn't have charged my card without finding our reservation, and really rude to turn us away when they had an empty room available!! I asked if they would take the money back off my card and give me the refund in cash so I could pay for another room somewhere else but her father who didn't speak any English just tried to draw me a picture to explain how bank payments worked and started shouting at me so I left in tears.
We travelled across from Saint Gervais to get to this hostel as we wanted to be close to Sants Station to get our train to the airport in the morning but I really wish I hadn't bothered!!! We were in a bit of a panic, but we found a more expensive hotel round the corner (which was 4* and still cheaper than the triple room price charged by LK!!)
If you are looking for budget accomodation close to Sants Station, choose a different hostel. Avoid this place at all costs!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chelle_Buckley
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We had the only family room, which was spacious and the beds were fairly comfortable. We had to ask for a remote control to operate the air conditioning which was definitely needed. The bathroom was basic and very tired - the area around the toilet smelled of urine and one of the cupboard doors from below the sink unit was missing. The good points were that the hotel did store our luggage for us, and it is only a short walk from Sants station from which the airport train departs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is located about 500 metres from Sants station in downtown Barcelona. It is a small, basic place run by a Chinese family. The quadruple room was clean, sparsely furnished, but completely adequate for our family of 4. The owners are friendly and will store your luggage for a few Euros. Assuming you get a good price this is an excellent choice.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Situatedness
Reviewed 14 May 2012

It was the second coming to this hostel and the first one left a nice impression.
I tell about second coming.
We come at midnight. And receptionist told us that there were not avaliable rooms. I showed him invoice, booking confirmation via easybook.com and correspondence with hostel, but he insisted on he had not availible rooms because easybook.com didn't sent information about it.
This situation continued 2 hours. Receptionist proposes to us go to another hotel. But we didn't wanted to do it because we had confirmed reservation and we paid it yet.
In result he told us, that he had 1 availible room for us, because another tourists didn't come. But I think these another tourists were we!
I don't know why this situation was and who done a mistake. But I hope to solve this problem and doesn't repeat it ever.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stopped here from the 20th April - 23 April 2012. Overall our experience was very good, especially for the amount we paid (£98 for 3 nights for two people). The hotel is located within walking distance from Barcelona Sants Railway station which has frequent services to the airport. It is also located very close to Hostafrancs and Tarragona Metro stations (we found hostafrancs easier to use as it is better connected). The rooms were very clean. The bed was comfy. New towels were brought every day. Our room overlooked the street. There was a balcony but we were not able to access this as the air conditioning unit was in the way! There are vending machines which allowed you to get teas/coffees and crisps and chocolate etc. If I had to pick fault, I would say the shower is quite small, there is no lift and the staff dont speak very much english at all. However they can make themselves understood and non of this made our stay uncomfortable.

I would recommend this hotel if ur wanting budget accomodation in a central location with easy access to all the tourist attrractions.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed in Barcelona for four nights, and when booking, we knew that we didn't want a big, fancy hotel, just somewhere we could stay the night . After a lot of browsing through comparisong sites, we discovered this little Hostel in Montjuic, which was very reasonable priced - a double room with en-suite for £38 a night! The staff, although didn't speak very good English, were always accommodating, and we got maid service every other day too. There was a TV in the room as well, although EVERY channel is in Spanish, unless you go to the settings and change the language of the English speaking shows to their original audio, so it'd be nice for them to maybe consider getting some channels for people of other nationalities other than Spanish for the TVs.
Also one of the main downsides to this hostel was that it got rather noisy, both during the day and the night, which is particularly inconvenient if you're trying to sleep, and you've got bin men at work outside at 12am! Probably one of the reasons was because the windows were only single-glazed, so not only would it get very cold in the winter, but it's much easier for noise to travel through! If you're booking here, I recommend that you ask for a room that's not got a view over the street outside! Apart from these two problems though, it was a very pleasant stay, and we definitely got what we wanted out of it at a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: Would recommend only for spring or summertime!