Barcelona Princess
US$268
US$226
  • Restaurant
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Bar/Lounge
Ayre Hotel Rosellon(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$276
US$287
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$220
US$172
Hotel Balmes(Barcelona)
US$229
US$216
  • Pool
Occidental Atenea Mar - Adults only(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$354
US$273
Cancelon
3,157 results
All reviewsfree mini barshopping centre next doorgym barcorner barsea viewel maresme forumglass walldiagonal marelectric blindshuge shopping mallconvention centerblack out blindsmetro stationyellow linebathrobes and slippershigh floorrooftop pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Me and my fiancee stayed here for 3 nights and found the staff and the hotel itself at the top of the list in terms of Welcoming, Cleansiness, Service, Food and what you get for your money. There is no doubt we will be staying here again and are looking forward to booking soon for next year. The beach is only a 5 minute walk away, the tube is very close and the bus service was exellent to from right outside the hotel. The staff were great when needed for assistance with local information and always willing to go that extra mile to make your stay as good as possible.

Great job folks and hope to see you soon

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Chose Princess as very near metro (yellow line), was modern, had a buffet breakfast in price, and had a few free bottles in the room fridge that were replaced daily. We stayed there for 5 nights and it didn't disappoint in any way. The open top tour bus also started right by the hotel, and also bus and tram stations nearby. The room was really modern, clean, and the shower was great.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor ( half way up) and this was about right for us. Although better view on higher floors it can also take longer to wait for a lift!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick G
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The location is a bit to the eastern end of town. It's also connected to the Diagonal Mar mall, which has an outdoor food court that can come in very handy when you need to find food and don't have time. The hotel was selected by our company due to a conference across the street following our meetings, so it was a business decision.

Transportation is great: The hop-on/hop-off tour bus (http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat) has a stop next to the hotel and they sell tickets at a 1€ discount at the hotel desk. There's a trolly stop a few hundred feet away that can take you down to the Vila Olympica, plus the El Maresme Fòrum Metro (subway) stop on the yellow line is basically across the street, meaning you're only about seven stops to the Barri Gòtic (just go and wander!) and can get anywhere in town inexpensively. Plus there also taxis everywhere - just look for a green light on top.

I was there for business meetings and everything was set up great for our work, plus they fed us constantly. Friends I was with who'd been there before cautioned me that the elevators could be slow, but I didn't experience any problems getting up and down the week I was there. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning as well - it has quite a selection.

My two surprises: There's no iron & ironing board in the rooms, so they provide an ironing service instead. As a business traveler, I'm usually pressing my shirt about 7 a.m. so I can put it on immediately to leave for a meeting, so their service wasn't useful to me because you have to call and wait several hours. I did have one polo shirt laundered and it was hanging in my room before 6p the same day; while their promise is to get it back by 8p. The other surprise was that there's no clock in the room. I always use my smartphone as my alarm clock anyway, but it was interesting to note. As others noted, it's a good surprise that the minibar is free and had a beer, a Coke, a lime and orange soft drink and some water.

One thing I really liked is that when you close the electrically-operated window blinds is that it gets pitch dark in the room. Each morning I'd wake up in a completely dark room, and stumble around, open the blind and was startled that the sun was already up and it was light outside. That's a great feature for jet-lagged travelers.

The staff were helpful at every time to me. No complaints here and I'd be happy to return. If I ever return to Barcelona on a pleasure trip, I might consider being closer to the Gothic district, but that's just me.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank betona
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I booked this hotel for a week in Barcelona with my girlfriend based on this site's generally good reviews and on my own (now clearly misguided) preconceptions. The moment we arrived should have sent alarm bells ringing as at check-in we overheard another couple complaining to management about the awful stench emanating from their bathroom and worse, how the hotel was not prepared to move them until later the following day at the earliest. One major positive here however was the very helpful attitude of the front desk staff when we reached the desk, who went out of their way to give us a map and a brief summary of where the hotspots were and how the transport links worked. I liked that a lot, mainly because it was something they didn't have to do but chose to, as was the bottle of champagne that arrived at our room later that evening.

Our room was generally okay, and the free minibar was a nice touch, but the fact we paid extra for a junior suite left me feeling somewhat shortchanged as the size was rather mean, and unlike advertised, there was no balcony furniture on which to sit out and enjoy an evening drink overlooking the sea. Our view of the Mediterranean from the 17th floor was fantastic, yet this was to be short-lived as an unfixable fault to our air-conditioning meant we had to move rooms on our first afternoon, with only a 6th floor room available. Now our main view consisted of the industrial-style roofing of a scientific museum - not great. The bed was comfortable, although how putting together two singles to make a king is cheating in my opinion!

We paid for bed and breakfast and so sauntered down to the buffet on our first morning only to discover the commute via lift to our morning meal would be no easy task. The building has 24 floors yet only three lifts, with only two seemingly operational most days so waiting times and overly-congested lifts became a ridiculous daily charade. The buffet selection was reasonable, although most warm selections were tepid. I stuck to Pancakes smothered in Nutella for the duration of the week to be on the safe side.

We didn't sample the two swimming pools (partly because my girlfriend can't swim!) and partly because there were never any free loungers on which to relax although I'm sure if one arrived at 7am every morning that wouldn't be an issue. We ate at the pool bar/restaurant on two occasions and the food/cocktails was superb. I chose to have a Pina Colada and a steak which were both top notch and for a hotel pool restaurant that level of quality is quite rare.

The week came and went and the overall feeling in retrospect was very much that we could have done a lot better for the same money. Perhaps it was our fault that we didn't assess the hotel for what it was - essentially a business hotel that has lots of little flaws people who weren't there for pleasure wouldn't either notice or be particularly bothered by. Location-wise if I were to stay in Barcelona again (which I would, it is a great city) I would choose somewhere much closer which again was probably our fault, but as far as rating the hotel for being what a four-star hotel should be, it came up way short and I would advise fellow travelers to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T421
Barcelona2020, Santiago Hernandez, Director Hotel Barcelona Princess at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear Guest,

We’re sorry for the inconveniences that you had during your stay at the hotel.

We would like to apologize if you were uncomfortable sleeping on the bed, but all the rooms (except some Junior Suites and the Suite Princess) have two singles beds pushed together since the hotel opened in 2004. The beds are comfortable and are prepared as nice double beds.

The hotel has different types of Junior Suite and both of them are 35m2 big. We advertise what we have and try to be as transparent and clear as possible.

Sometimes, some rooms are not available because that depends from the hotel availability. Our staff tried to help you and solve your inconveniences with the changing room.

Sorry again, if bother you the wait to use the lift. When the hotel is fully booked, in the peak hours, the wait to take a lift is longer.

Furthermore, the Kitchen Department has been informed about the incident with the hot food in the Breakfast Buffet and they are going to solve. Our Chef is always looking for good quality food for our guests.

The hotel I located at the Forum area with good transport connections. The Metro, Tram and Bus works every day until the evening. At night only works the bus, except on the weekend. Just in 20m our guests can get to the city center.

Also, the hotel is near from the beach, next to a shopping center and surrounded by open areas.

For us it was a pleasure to have chosen our hotel for your stay in Barcelona!

Best Regards
Santiago Hernández
Director Hotel Barcelona Princess

Reviewed 5 September 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com