I stayed with my boyfriend in May (27th - 30th) 2013 as a 21st Birthday present to him. I read the reviews and a lot of people said the double beds was just two singles pushed together, which i hate, so i emailed the hotel 3 months prior to our trip to ask for a real double bed. I got a response within a couple of days. I also asked them to send me some sort of gift voucher to present my boyfriend with as a present. They was very helpful and sent something over. I ended up making my own but was pleased none the less with their help.
When we arrived we was shown to our room which I think was on the same floor as the pool, we had an okay view of the diagonal but the room was freezing. We wasn't the only people that thought so, they was also a conference going on in the building across the road and a few men we spoke to in the lift one day said their rooms was also freezing. Our bed was a real Double bed, 1 gold star. Clean room, small but modern, with a balcony. The bathroom was huge, although it only had a shower, no bath, but we prefer showers, so no bother for us. We didn't notice how cold the room was until we came back to the hotel on the first evening and the sun had gone down. we called reception and asked if we could have the heating on, they said the heating does not come on in may and that was it. I had to go to sleep in a long sleeve top, leggings and my dressing gown. On the day before we came home i got so annoyed because i was so cold so i went down to reception and complained about how cold the bedroom was, they was a lot more helpful and moved us to lovely room with the most amazing view electric blinds and was so much warmer, the bathroom was separated by glass which obviously wast a problem for us, but if this might be for some people, font worry, there is a blind. The only problem was this room didn't have a balcony, my boyfriend is a smoker so he called back down to reception to see what they could do, they then moved us to a junior suite, which sounds good but i actually preferred the second room with the view. The only difference was when you first walked into the junior suit you has a desk, a sofa and an arm chair, no tv. Then you went through to the bedroom which was small with an en suite.
Breakfast was good. Lots of choice, eggs, bacon, bread, toast, pastries, yogurts, cereal and more.
The hotel is right at the other end of the diagonal which we didn't find to be a problem, there is a tram stop right outside the hotel and the metro was about 5 minutes walk, takes 10 minutes to get into the center. The first day we walked all the way to the centre which took a couple of hours as we kept stopping to go in shops or take photos.
We didn't have any other meals at the hotel.
I would HIGHLY recommend to rent a scooter, It was amazing they come with Tom Toms with programmed routes to take you from one sight to another so you can see the whole of Barcelona. The owner of the Scooter shop was lovely and really helpful, he told us where to go and were not to go, he will tell you the best places to eat too!
I really loved Barcelona and i didn't feel unsafe once. You here a lot about Barcelona so i was very weary but once i got there i felt fine, i had a cross the body bag and kept it close to me and my eye piled but we was fine.
All in all i had a great trip and would recommend the hotel, i wouldn't go back myself only because i don't tend to go back to the same hotels and i would have preferred to stay a bit close to the center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star hotel located in the Forum area only at 50 meters from the beach. On the 1st of Diagonal Avenue directly across from the CCIB (International Convention Centre of Barcelona) and Diagonal Mar Mall. Excellent public transport options to the city centre, just 20 minutes by metro, Tram or bus, all just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is also a Barcelona Touristic Bus stop behind the hotel, you can purchase tickets at the reception and start the tour on the Green Line. Spacious facilities with free access for all guests. Its modern Business Centre with computer use, Internet access and complimentary printing. Two heated outdoor pools, one on the 3rd floor next to the solarium, gym, sauna and massage room available to the customer (massages at extra cost). The other pool is on the 23rd floor with wonderful views over the Mediterranean Sea. In the rooms, modern and comfortable, there are free services such as WIFI and Mini Bar; you can also enjoy spectacular views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean at your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Princess Catalonia