I stayed at Barcelona Princess for two nights and I was extremely happy. This is a modern, very new hotel which exceeded my expectations. It's midrange to a little more expensive than the average hotel, but it makes up for that with excellent value. It feels like a 5 star. Staff is very nice, welcoming and will help with everything. The decor of the hotel is amazing and the views are awesome. There is a lobby bar, which is a great place for an evening drink. The pool and gym area is nice (though there's not much in the gym, it gets the job done). Breakfast is an option, though expensive.
Steps away from the Fórum convention centre and also the Diagonal Mar Mall. The closest subway stop is El Maresme. In terms of the location: this could be a good thing depending on what you're in to. Princess is located in the new part of Barcelona and it is a more spread out, modern area. If you're the kind of person who likes a quiet, safe area away from the action for sleeping, then this is the place for you. If, however, you want to be right in the heart of the city with the urban bustle, then I wouldn't stay here. That said, cabs were easily accessible as was the yellow line subway.
The rooms were a good size and cozy. The minibar was free (a nice surprise) with an excellent wireless connection and comfortable beds. I'm not sure if this is a spanish thing, but I've seen the same thing over and over with the shower and toilet essentially just being a glassed off area in a corner rather than a separate room. People who are a little more shy (if traveling with someone else) may have minor trouble with this.
I had two minor problems with the room.
1. The shower really smelled mouldy when I got to the room. I called and within MINUTES the staff were up and cleaned it and this was no longer an issue. EXCELLENT SERVICE
2. When you shower, the door doesn't close completely (either does the toilet door for that matter) so water ended up seeping across the floor next to and outside the shower.
Otherwise an excellent value hotel that I really enjoyed staying in and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star hotel located in the Forum area only at 50 meters from the beach. On the 1st of Diagonal Avenue directly across from the CCIB (International Convention Centre of Barcelona) and Diagonal Mar Mall. Excellent public transport options to the city centre, just 20 minutes by metro, Tram or bus, all just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is also a Barcelona Touristic Bus stop behind the hotel, you can purchase tickets at the reception and start the tour on the Green Line. Spacious facilities with free access for all guests. Its modern Business Centre with computer use, Internet access and complimentary printing. Two heated outdoor pools, one on the 3rd floor next to the solarium, gym, sauna and massage room available to the customer (massages at extra cost). The other pool is on the 23rd floor with wonderful views over the Mediterranean Sea. In the rooms, modern and comfortable, there are free services such as WIFI and Mini Bar; you can also enjoy spectacular views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean at your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Idiso Digital, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelona Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Princess Catalonia