Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nightlifeseekers
London, United Kingdom

ok

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jul 2019
We travel a lot, our experience here was ok. Breakfast ok - food fine but things run out and then you need to find staff to ask for standard stuff like milk, English Breakfast Tea. Room ok - not for those with vertigo, ceiling to (almost) floor windows. On the same note, lifts - have a glass floor to ceiling wall, only 3 lifts that go passed the 3rd floor which involves a lot of waiting and a fair amount of squashing in (when they arrive) . Our room was functional, a bit tired decor wise, beds comfortable. Hotel staff were ok, borderline surly. Maid service was ok - minimal.
Trip type: Travelled with family
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this review
Responded 25 Jul 2019
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Barcelona and for taking the time to give us your feedback. Thank you for your constructive comments about the breakfast service, I make sure to escalate your comments to my colleagues.

Regarding our elevators, I am sorry to hear that you had to wait longer than usual times for the lift. This may happen in rush hours, and we are working on optimizing our lifts´ performance in order to lower waiting times.
I trust that we can welcome you soon again to Barcelona Princess.

Kind regards,
3.1 miles from Barcelona Princess
Room service
View more hotels in Barcelona
3,731 results
All reviews free mini bar corner bar sea view convention center a large shopping centre metro station rooftop pool lovely hotel public transport min walk city break pools floor conference euros ccib sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2019

We were guests at that hotel from July 5th 2019 till July 7th, 2019.
On the day of our departure the receptionist offered to call a taxi for us.We met in the lobby a woman who came to take us to the airport in a private car not a car with a distinguished taxi look.
When we arrived the woman told me that she had no change at all. What kind of a taxi driver has no change?
I had to ask my daughter to run inside the airport to break the money. I was very stressed that we might be late for a plane. I found some extra American dollars and paid. Being upset I took everything from the trunk and went inside the airport. When my daughter came with the money we realized that all her belongings were on the back seat. “The taxi woman” left with everything my daughter had and never gave it back.
We called hotel 5 minutes after everything happened and explained that to the receptionist.
I assured my daughter that everything would be fine because the hotel is a good one and for sure they would help us by reaching fast the “taxi company” that they offer for their guests and call the woman while she was still close.
Nothing happened since then.
Unfortunately the hotel stuff is unable to act to resolve problems. I feel they do not care about the guests.
I have been exchanging emails with Victor Abreu since July 7, 2019. He told me to be patient and wait until investigation is over. It has been 2 weeks. It is not a murder case. Nobody except the driver could take so many things from the back seat.
The next customer she took would have complained that there was no place to seat for them unless she cleared the seat.
Reading previous review
“ thieves operate here” I can add that the management is associated with a taxi company who hires thieves and do not care to act even after I told them I would write about this situation on Trip advisor.
My last hope that after reading this review the manager of the hotel interferes to save the reputation of the hotel.
That’s how it is done in North America.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Oksana B
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2019

Dear Oksana,

Thank you for your review and for getting in touch with us via TripAdvisor as well. To clarify, this was a transfer service and not a regular taxi. Although the taxi stand is very close to the hotel but taxies cannot be pre-booked as you wished.

My colleague at Guest Relations has been very helpful and I understand that he has been communicating both with you and with the transfer company as well. They informed us that no bags were found in the car.
We use the transfer company´s services as any other hotel, but under no circumstances can the hotel be held responsible for events, such as losses or thefts occurring outside its doors.

I suggest you never leave any belonging unattended, and remind you that if that happens at Barcelnoa Airport´s terminal it is immediately removed by security staff.

We regret all your inconveniences that occurred to you and we trust that you find your belongings.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2019

We booked this hotel with a Jet2holidays Package and weren’t disappointed! The hotel is lovely, our hotel room had amazing views of the whole of barcelona! The staff at reception were super helpful with us getting around and what’s best to do, we were very grateful. The hotel had scooters also which we rented for the day, they were brilliant😀 The pools were at times overcrowded but this did depend on the time you went which we didn’t mind. Room service everyday and the food here was great, with 24 hour room service but quite pricey which was the only downfall.

1  Thank nim0502
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2019

Dear nim0502,

Thank you for your great review and I am happy to hear that your overall satisfaction is so high. I trust that your detailed description is helpful for other travellers and that you visit us again on a future occasion.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

Waiting to be picked up to fly home tonight, really don’t want to leave . Had the best ever break from start to finish... From check in on arrival Excellent ! Booked a superior room for my partners 30th and WOW complimentary mini bar filled up daily , staff so friendly Thank you Caesar on reception for your hospitality .... will definitely be returning but for longer next time

2  Thank kellieo910
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2019

Hi Kellieo910

Such a lovely review!!! Thank you so much for sharing your most recent stay at the Barcelona Princess.
I am absolutely thrilled and extremely happy to hear that you had such an amazing stay with us. We work hard to achieve 100 % guest satisfaction and are very happy when our guests really appreciate our commitment and determination.

I will make sure that Cesar will be recognised for his great service.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back again to the hotel sometime in the future to experience another wonderful stay.
Best regards

Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

As the title suggests, location is this hotel's strong suit. Right across the convention center. Beside a huge mall. Very near a train and tram stop. Service was alright, as was breakfast. I wouldn't mind coming back, although there were some niggly issues with the air-conditioning which were resolved promptly also. Overall, a good experience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Or2pod
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Hello Or2pod,

Thank you for your review, we are really interested in reading about our customers experiences.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and you found it in a convenient location. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 July 2019

Just arrived from airport and was having a drink in the bar. My black haversack was placed on a stool directly behind my partner. No-one else was in the bar but a young couple entered briefly for one drink. We decided to leave and discovered that my bag had been swapped with a similar but empty bag - my passport, iPhone, iPad, clothes etc were in my bag. We told reception and as there were several security cameras we asked them to look at the footage. They said that was not possible until the Duty Manager was on shift at 10am the following day. They said that our bag had probably been mistaken for someone else's. Feel stupid now as that was unlikely, although I could see my iPhone on Find a Friend and it was still in the hotel, so this gave us (false) hope. At 10am the following day we were told by Reception staff that a bag switch was a common method of theft, and that several discarded phone had been found at the back of the hotel. So why wasn't I told this as soon as the switch was discovered? And why isn't a Duty Manager available at all times? Surely 'Duty Manager' implies someone is available at all times - if not, who's managing the place? The hotel displayed little regard for my plight and in my view withheld vital information that I could have acted on much earlier. Not even an apology. If you have to stay here then hold on to you bags at all times and make sure they're a whacky colour that can't be easily swapped!

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Grob R
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2019

Good morning Grob R,

Many thanks for getting in touch with us.
I´m aware of this matter and I´m so sorry and concerned about that. Our staff at reception department talked to you once in the hotel and our Deputy Director sent you an email 3 days ago with all her details asking you to contact her to discuss about this situation, but she still doesn´t have any news from you.
We would very much like to discuss this situation in more detail and if you can kindly email her, she will reach out to you at your convenience.
We look forward to hearing from you

Kindest regards