Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£269
christian f
Stockholm, Sweden

Mould...

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Jul 2019via mobile
The entry and hotel bar is good, staff is always helpful and efficient... Everything you ask for in term of service, they will try to fix. Just don't expect high standard on your room, they are way past date. Mould, leaking roofs, showers that doesn't go down the drain but into the room... Just don't believe the rankings on hotel.com etc, is a medium, at best, hotel. Big plus to the staff though, trying to fix everything that goes sour.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this review
Responded 31 Jul 2019
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Barcelona and for taking time to give us your feedback.
I´m sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your expectations. Please get in direct touch with us to identify your reservation so that we can improve on those aspects.

£340
3.2 miles from Barcelona Princess
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Barcelona
3,729 results
All reviews free mini bar corner bar sea view convention center a large shopping centre metro station rooftop pool lovely hotel public transport min walk city break pools floor conference euros ccib sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2019

Amazing experience at this lovely hotel. Best amenities so far out of all the places I've stayed in Barcelona. Pools, free breakfast, the room was very modern and 24hr room service. It is a bit far from city centre but it is close to metro and a shopping mall behind the hotel. The staff were very accommodating and very welcoming. Recommend this place highly if you want all the amenities and dont want to be too close to the busy city.
I recommend taking the bus from the aiport much cheaper only 6 euros and buy a 10 ticket pass for the metro. Only 10 euros. Closest stop is El Maresme

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Delekat76
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Dear Delekat76,

Thank you for choosing us upon your recent stay and thanks for your detailed review. I am happy to hear that your overall satisfaction was excellent.

I trust that your review is helpful for other travelers and that you visit us again on a future occasion and recommend us.

Reviewed 21 July 2019

We travel a lot, our experience here was ok. Breakfast ok - food fine but things run out and then you need to find staff to ask for standard stuff like milk, English Breakfast Tea. Room ok - not for those with vertigo, ceiling to (almost) floor windows. On the same note, lifts - have a glass floor to ceiling wall, only 3 lifts that go passed the 3rd floor which involves a lot of waiting and a fair amount of squashing in (when they arrive) . Our room was functional, a bit tired decor wise, beds comfortable. Hotel staff were ok, borderline surly. Maid service was ok - minimal.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nightlifeseekers
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Barcelona and for taking the time to give us your feedback. Thank you for your constructive comments about the breakfast service, I make sure to escalate your comments to my colleagues.

Regarding our elevators, I am sorry to hear that you had to wait longer than usual times for the lift. This may happen in rush hours, and we are working on optimizing our lifts´ performance in order to lower waiting times.
I trust that we can welcome you soon again to Barcelona Princess.

Reviewed 21 July 2019

We were guests at that hotel from July 5th 2019 till July 7th, 2019.
On the day of our departure the receptionist offered to call a taxi for us.We met in the lobby a woman who came to take us to the airport in a private car not a car with a distinguished taxi look.
When we arrived the woman told me that she had no change at all. What kind of a taxi driver has no change?
I had to ask my daughter to run inside the airport to break the money. I was very stressed that we might be late for a plane. I found some extra American dollars and paid. Being upset I took everything from the trunk and went inside the airport. When my daughter came with the money we realized that all her belongings were on the back seat. “The taxi woman” left with everything my daughter had and never gave it back.
We called hotel 5 minutes after everything happened and explained that to the receptionist.
I assured my daughter that everything would be fine because the hotel is a good one and for sure they would help us by reaching fast the “taxi company” that they offer for their guests and call the woman while she was still close.
Nothing happened since then.
Unfortunately the hotel stuff is unable to act to resolve problems. I feel they do not care about the guests.
I have been exchanging emails with Victor Abreu since July 7, 2019. He told me to be patient and wait until investigation is over. It has been 2 weeks. It is not a murder case. Nobody except the driver could take so many things from the back seat.
The next customer she took would have complained that there was no place to seat for them unless she cleared the seat.
Reading previous review
“ thieves operate here” I can add that the management is associated with a taxi company who hires thieves and do not care to act even after I told them I would write about this situation on Trip advisor.
My last hope that after reading this review the manager of the hotel interferes to save the reputation of the hotel.
That’s how it is done in North America.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Oksana B

Dear Oksana,

Thank you for your review and for getting in touch with us via TripAdvisor as well. To clarify, this was a transfer service and not a regular taxi. Although the taxi stand is very close to the hotel but taxies cannot be pre-booked as you wished.

My colleague at Guest Relations has been very helpful and I understand that he has been communicating both with you and with the transfer company as well. They informed us that no bags were found in the car.
We use the transfer company´s services as any other hotel, but under no circumstances can the hotel be held responsible for events, such as losses or thefts occurring outside its doors.

I suggest you never leave any belonging unattended, and remind you that if that happens at Barcelnoa Airport´s terminal it is immediately removed by security staff.

We regret all your inconveniences that occurred to you and we trust that you find your belongings.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2019

We booked this hotel with a Jet2holidays Package and weren’t disappointed! The hotel is lovely, our hotel room had amazing views of the whole of barcelona! The staff at reception were super helpful with us getting around and what’s best to do, we were very grateful. The hotel had scooters also which we rented for the day, they were brilliant😀 The pools were at times overcrowded but this did depend on the time you went which we didn’t mind. Room service everyday and the food here was great, with 24 hour room service but quite pricey which was the only downfall.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nim0502
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2019

Dear nim0502,

Thank you for your great review and I am happy to hear that your overall satisfaction is so high. I trust that your detailed description is helpful for other travellers and that you visit us again on a future occasion.

Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

Waiting to be picked up to fly home tonight, really don’t want to leave . Had the best ever break from start to finish... From check in on arrival Excellent ! Booked a superior room for my partners 30th and WOW complimentary mini bar filled up daily , staff so friendly Thank you Caesar on reception for your hospitality .... will definitely be returning but for longer next time

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kellieo910
Santiago H, General Manager at Barcelona Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2019

Hi Kellieo910

Such a lovely review!!! Thank you so much for sharing your most recent stay at the Barcelona Princess.
I am absolutely thrilled and extremely happy to hear that you had such an amazing stay with us. We work hard to achieve 100 % guest satisfaction and are very happy when our guests really appreciate our commitment and determination.

I will make sure that Cesar will be recognised for his great service.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back again to the hotel sometime in the future to experience another wonderful stay.
Best regards