So the hotel swung my decision to stay here information on its SPA facilities. do not make this mistake, as you may not even use it. I took one look at the 'jaccuzi' and walked away very upset... its a tiny pool with luke warm water, outside on a balcony in the wind.. the 2 swimming pools also had luke warm water and were quite small. I did change my mind about them however, and did later go back to take a dip in the pool. they are ok, but do not make this the deciding factor 4 ure holiday. Sauna was very nice, but small also.
Anyway, staff were very friendly, and helful and spoke english.. room was nice and clean, but not as spectaculat as I thought it would have been.. a simple double bed, clean sheets and a nice city view (24th floor)... electrical window blinds and curtains which were quite cool.....shower was amazing though, with very powerful hot water, and massage effects.. the room was clean with a lcd samsung tv ( i brought my HDMI cable just incase and this worked fine so could cnnect my laptop and watch my films on the tv) free mimibar and safe, with a bottle of beer, coke, water and lemon juice for free in the minibar... everything in the room was fine, except the toilet started to smell the 2nd day of sewege.. not nice, but could only smell it inthe toilet..I tried to connect my internet via wireless, but no signal, so simply called reception and they asked me to come down and get the internet cable, and this worked straight away no problem- and was free...
Breakfast buffet was $19.99 pp very extorinate, considering i didnt eat too much of it.. a variety of juices, runny scramblled egg, very nice potent saussages, pizza typed things, yougart, fresh fruit, yougart, bacon/ham slices, fresh bread... that was the most of it.. it may have suited the tastes of others, but not my self, and it is probably best to eat somewhere else and to get more for you £ also , definetly....
The hotel is not far away from the city (Cantaluyna* / las Ramblas at all).. its about 6 stops, and then one change for one more stop and ur there.. takes about 20/25 mins on the metro, and the metro stop is right accross the road from the hotel which is fab - about 30 seconds walk..so nice if you dont want to stay in the city, but i would definetly prefer to next time. especially as there nothing close to the hotel at all, just a few tiny cafes.. there is a mall right next door though, with Zara and primark etc in there.. but i dont figure you would go in there as it is not a 'spanisy tourist place' more like a standard London / americian shopping mall.
The tram also stops right outside, and the beach is supposed to be nearby but we didnt go as we didnt really have time, and it was a bit windy..
We got to the hotel from Barcelona airport by getting a transfer bus from terminal 1 to terminal 2 where we could get a train , which would then take us to a metror stopp, and we then got the metro to the hotel station stop.. station workers will tell you what stops etc to get off at etc, and definetly most of them spoke good english so it was simple to get around.. that journey to the hotel took about 2 hrs almost!! very long.. but on the way back we decided to take the Aero * bus which leaves La Ramblas and goes strait to terminal 1 for only $5.05 very quick, taking about 25-30 mins.. definetly should have done that on the way there - simply then taking the metro form la ramblas to / from the hotel.
Over all, hotel was fine, but more like 3* to me, clean and a very nice building though. Would definetly stay in las ramblas next time though, but bare in mind that I am 22 years old, and my boyfriend is 26...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star hotel located in the Forum area only at 50 meters from the beach. On the 1st of Diagonal Avenue directly across from the CCIB (International Convention Centre of Barcelona) and Diagonal Mar Mall. Excellent public transport options to the city centre, just 20 minutes by metro, Tram or bus, all just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is also a Barcelona Touristic Bus stop behind the hotel, you can purchase tickets at the reception and start the tour on the Green Line. Spacious facilities with free access for all guests. Its modern Business Centre with computer use, Internet access and complimentary printing. Two heated outdoor pools, one on the 3rd floor next to the solarium, gym, sauna and massage room available to the customer (massages at extra cost). The other pool is on the 23rd floor with wonderful views over the Mediterranean Sea. In the rooms, modern and comfortable, there are free services such as WIFI and Mini Bar; you can also enjoy spectacular views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean at your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelona Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Princess Catalonia