“Unbelievable value for money”
Review of Divinus Rosello - CLOSED

Price range: US$17 - US$29
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Divinus Roselló occupies a privileged location in the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, between Paseo de Gracia and the Rambla de Cataluña. The restaurant is spread over two floors and is decorated in a modern, young and informal style. It aims to revive traditional, homemade food such as fried eggs with potatoes and Ibérico ham or slow-cooked meatballs with cuttlefish, although there are plenty of other options to suit all tastes, including pizzas, pastas and different grilled meats.
UK
“Unbelievable value for money”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

After two ok evening Tapas meals at restaurants in Barcelona we decided to try this restaurant as it was just along the street from our hotel and looked quite respectable plus, after a hard days hiking up to Park Güell, my wife and I didn't fancy walking too far to eat.
To say we were surprised was an understatement. Like the previous reviewer we opted for the 21€ menu (which caught our eye to begin with) and I can't recommend it enough. Starter, main course, desert, bottle of wine, bottle of water, glass of Cava.
I thought there were 5 starters to choose from, but no... 5 starters to SHARE between us, served in 2 servings. Just the starters alone equalled the two previous Tapas evening meals we had had since arriving and one of the servings included the best Tomato Bread we had tasted.
The mains were well presented and very tasty (again 5 choices), my wife had chicken, burger steak for me with 2 deserts choices(ok selection, sorbet or ice cream)
A good bottle of Cab Sav (house choice, white was available if preferred) to wash it all down with, a bottle of still water for my wife and a bottle of carbonated water for me. Two glasses of Cava arrived in between the main and the desert and we were offered coffee at the end of the meal that didn't appear to be included and which we wasn't charged for.
After reading some of the previous entries on here it would appear some people have had a bad experience with this restaurant but I can't praise it enough. The food was excellent and we had no problems with the service.
I'm writing this back at the hotel as this experience has prompted me make my first entry to Tripadvisor.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank TheMusher

“Lots of dishes....tasty and very good”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

21eur for a 3 service menu incl. Wine, cava and water. Was really tasty. We really enjoyed it! Quantity of food is more than enougth and quality is 4 star cooking!

Dublin, Ireland
“Looks good from the outside but don't be fooled.”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Normally I am good at avoiding tourist traps, this time however was the exception. Divinus is a typical corporate restaurant establishment that entices the customer in but does not deliver. The food was at best OK. I had an aubergine coolie for starters, and pasta for main course. The former was overseasoned and the latter was overcooked oily, and tasteless and I didn't feel too well afterwards. Worst of all was the service, they try to charge double to price for bread, don't pay it.

There are a million better places to eat in Barcelona, don't give them your money!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Aleterial
Budapest, Hungary
“Not good”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

we visit this place after nice walk in Barcelona streets. This was hard experiment. we order Potato Tapas. this came to the table potato chips swimming in a pool of mayonnaise. so was the tuna salad. the cola was 200 ml. We paid 17 euro. well, we cant recommend you to go their. But if you want on your won risk you can call them 933 686 127. its on Rossello 231, Barcelona.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Chaim B
Alverca do Ribatejo, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

All round good food, recommend the executive menu with spaghetti as entry dish and brownie as dessert. Delicious! Will be back for sure.