“Beautiful apartment, great, friendly staff and perfect location!”

Casa de Billy Barcelona
Ranked #31 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed here with one of my best friends for a long weekend, we booked a room with a shared bathroom on the top floor (floor 5). We had our own lounge area, kitchen and dining area and a balcony (although it was slightly chilly to use it).

It felt more like an apartment and effectively it is when you are staying on the top floor. Except in the morning your wholemeal home-made croissant, juice, tea and coffee is sitting waiting on the table every morning at 9am. That was the only time we seen the other guests - only two of them the whole stay and it was very nice to chat to people over breakfast.

Siri is great - very friendly, informative and has a lot of knowledge about Barcelona. Joaquin is lovely too even when we had a late morning and delayed him cleaning up! (Yes, they clean up all your dishes after breakfast too)! :)

Location wise, I think it was perfect for us - we walked everyday there and back from the Rambla and it is a good 20 minutes if not a little more. However, the metro is a couple mins walk and we used that too when we went further afield - which is spot on - quick and efficient!

Overall the apartment / B&B is amazing and would 100% recommend it!!! It is lovely to come back somewhere which feels comfortable, homely and safe! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Definitely the top floor! Shared bathroom but only with two other rooms max! It is so clean I didn...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I had to find a hotel the week before Mobile World Congress for a last-minute work trip. My coworkers ended up staying half an hour away by car, but I found Casa de Billy instead.

Casa de Billy is converted from apartments so you don't have the kind of sound-proofing that a hotel might, but the rooms and common areas were quiet and well kept. It was a far more comfortable experience than I would have had at a hotel.

The breakfast was simple but delicious. The location was great - not right in the heart of the old city, but right next to Placa d'Espana which was perfect for me getting to MWC.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My girlfriend and I have been to Casa de Billy twice and would go again - if this was a twitter review that's all you need to know. It's great. It's cheap. Go.

Casa de Billy is split over a number of floors in an apartment block, about 15 mins walk from las ramblas but very close to metro links and other attractions. Each room is unique - no identical hotel rooms here. Each morning we were treated to a croissant, coffee, orange juice and jam - whilst sitting on a huge ornamental table, under a chandelier, with jazz playing in the background.

The staff are very friendly and very helpful and generally go out of their way to help however they can.

In summary, no complaints at all - and a fantastic find.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This was the best B&B we stayed in during our 2.5 month europe trip. Our private room was big and very comfortable. Shared bathroom was big and super clean too. Staff was very friendly. Wifi was free and so was breakfast. Only thing we could have asked for was public computers and a bigger breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The definite thing to say about Casa de Billy is that you actually feel like at home there. Rooms are very spacious, nicely furnished and are cleaned every day(the whole building has nice a bit old fashioned/ vintage swing to it - I loved the elevator :D) . The stuff is SUPER nice and welcoming. There's a breakfast served in the morning which consists of a croissant (amazing one!), marmalade and coffee/tea + fresh orange juice. Everything was really really great :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank agataabi
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Me and my Boyfriend discovered this friendly bed and breakfast it´s being well located, clean and quiet even getting in a busy street.
The sympathy of Siri made ​​our stay a great week.
Recommend to all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here for a week last year when me and my girl friend went to Sonar Festival.
Very nice, basic, clean place. I was a bit weary of having to share a bathroom, but it was all clean. The people running it where friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was nice.
Situated right next to 2 metro stops, which was brilliant for getting everywhere around the city.
When I compared it to a 2 person room in a hostel it was hell of a lot cheaper, and I bet a lot better after hearing the horror stories of the ones on Las Ramblas.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple