“Thanks to Suites Avenue”
Review of Suites Avenue

Suites Avenue
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I just returned from Barcelona and had a two bedroom apartment at Suites Avenue. Let me start by saying that all the people at reception were outstanding, helpful, accommodating,welcoming and very helpful. This started on the first day when 3 of us arrived and when I saw the apartment thought it might be a bit small for all of us and the woman at reception at the time was so helpful, she upgraded us to a much larger apartment at the same rate which made our stay very helpful. Let me say that we ultimately had to stay longer and for two days we were in the original apartment and that it too was fine but the living room area was smaller. The bedrooms were the same. But I will get to the accommodations in a moment. The folks at reception were unbelievable. I wish I knew all their names, because the extent to which they helped us was way beyond what I expected at an apartment style accommodation. The one person whose name we do know, Nathan, was wonderful and kind. As it turned out, I became sick the morning we were to fly back to the states and in addition to all he had already helped us do, he was very helpful to my other and partner in changing our flights with Delta at the last moment and finding us another apartment their for the additional days. As a person who frequently rents apartments for vacation from individuals, this experience really highlighted for me that when traveling in a foreign place where you don't speak the language staying in a short term residence is a good idea as there are people there who can assist you.
As far as the accommodations themselves, I have to say the apartments were well equipped, clean, pleasant and in a great location. Each bedroom had a bathroom and each had a walk in shower which is particularly great if you are traveling with someone who has some mobility issues which we had with my mom. The beds were comfortable. The environment was modern and pleasant. The kitchen was well equipped as well. The coffee machine was a Nespresso and I had brought my own, but there is a Nespresso store two blocks away. The only thing I could suggest is some movie channel included like Canal + which has movies in various languages.
But really I have nothing but nice things to say. For my birthday, we were greeted in the evening when we came back from our day with a bottle of wine,a rose and a nice note from the staff.
You can't ask for more!

Room Tip: Penthouse is great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were meet by a extremely nice reseptionist and was taken were good care of during our stay. The suite was in very trendy and had lot of space. The location was excellent. All in all we have noting to complain about.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kirsti martine M
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Very nice hotel, booked a suite and had plenty of room for 3 people. Service was efficient and we were checked in quickly. View from rooftop is amazing. Loved having a washer and dryer in our apartment.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charmy2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We where more than happy with Suites Avenue. We had two suites facing Passeig de Gràcia with a balcony and both suites where spaceous and stylish. The location are brilliant, lots of upscale shops up and down Gràcia. a prox. 10 min. stroll to plaça catalunya. My highest recommendation!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I returned to Suites Avenue after two years this september and was truly disappoited with what I found. The interiors loooked shabby and worn. The apartment was dusty and smelled of tobacco. Linens and towels were worn.
We had decided to get an apartment despite it was more expensive than a really good hotel room to have the advantages of a homy feel but...
The appliances didn´t work except the dishwasher and no soap was provided, the electric kettle leaked, the coffe maker didn´t work as neither the toaster or the oven. We called for maintenance several times and the answer was poor.
In short I am not planning to return in my forthcoming visits to Barcelona.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Suites Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Paula,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can ensure you of our hight quality standard and it looks like it didn’t reach your expectations on this stay as the one you enjoyed two years ago.
Suites Avenue has a daily mantinence service working daily in order to keep the building in perfect conditions. Please be assured that I will follow up on this matter and I will take special care specially on it.

I sincerely apologise for any dissapointment these matters may caused you during your stay and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the Suites Avenue when you next travel to Barcelona to show you that we can make it right as your previous stay with us.

With kind regards,

Alberto Ranz

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and pleased that we chose an apartment rather than a hotel room which can get a bit claustrophobic for more than a night or two.
The apartments are very clean and well furnished. The public areas are also very stylish and reception staff were very helpful. The location is on one of the best roads in the city. It does get very noisy but the apartments are well insulated so this wasn't a problem. We had a one bedroom apartment and paid for a view of la Pedrera but because we were at the far end of the building it was only visible if we stood at one end of our small balcony- not a major issue but just a little disappointing. I would also have liked to have kettle in the apartment rather than the nespresso machine as we don't drink coffee but we got around this by boiling water in a pan for our cups of tea. Again not a major issue or enough to put me off staying again. Also we were a little surprised that the bathroom was 'open plan' to the bedroom but again it wasn't a deal breaker in an otherwise great apartment.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was exactly what you see is what you get, Swanky Luxury Modern Apartment, Great Location, roof top views overlooking the famous Casa Mila Gaudi Building. The Bond Street of Barcelona, Very Impressed Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple