I just returned from Barcelona and had a two bedroom apartment at Suites Avenue. Let me start by saying that all the people at reception were outstanding, helpful, accommodating,welcoming and very helpful. This started on the first day when 3 of us arrived and when I saw the apartment thought it might be a bit small for all of us and the woman at reception at the time was so helpful, she upgraded us to a much larger apartment at the same rate which made our stay very helpful. Let me say that we ultimately had to stay longer and for two days we were in the original apartment and that it too was fine but the living room area was smaller. The bedrooms were the same. But I will get to the accommodations in a moment. The folks at reception were unbelievable. I wish I knew all their names, because the extent to which they helped us was way beyond what I expected at an apartment style accommodation. The one person whose name we do know, Nathan, was wonderful and kind. As it turned out, I became sick the morning we were to fly back to the states and in addition to all he had already helped us do, he was very helpful to my other and partner in changing our flights with Delta at the last moment and finding us another apartment their for the additional days. As a person who frequently rents apartments for vacation from individuals, this experience really highlighted for me that when traveling in a foreign place where you don't speak the language staying in a short term residence is a good idea as there are people there who can assist you.
As far as the accommodations themselves, I have to say the apartments were well equipped, clean, pleasant and in a great location. Each bedroom had a bathroom and each had a walk in shower which is particularly great if you are traveling with someone who has some mobility issues which we had with my mom. The beds were comfortable. The environment was modern and pleasant. The kitchen was well equipped as well. The coffee machine was a Nespresso and I had brought my own, but there is a Nespresso store two blocks away. The only thing I could suggest is some movie channel included like Canal + which has movies in various languages.
But really I have nothing but nice things to say. For my birthday, we were greeted in the evening when we came back from our day with a bottle of wine,a rose and a nice note from the staff.
You can't ask for more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites Avenue, inaugurated in spring of 2009, is a new option for accommodations in Barcelona, directly opposite Gaudí's La Pedrera.These luxury tourist apartments are ideal for medium- to long-term stays and designed especially for family holidays and business trips.Located in the Eixample neighbourhood right on Barcelona's Passeig de Gràcia occupies a recently built avant-garde building with a spectacular stainless steel façade designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. It is a building that draws the attention of Barcelona residents and tourists alike, and it has become an architectural icon.Suites Avenue has independent apartments of 45 to 86 m2, with one or two luxury bedrooms, independent kitchen, sitting-dining room and shared services like two outdoor swimming pool, a solarium, a communal terrace with views looking over Passeig de Gràcia, a gym, a sauna and a museum with original Hindu and Buddhist pieces on display.ServicesLuxury apartments equipped with all electrical appliances, furniture and utensils in the following categories: 6 superior, 12 superior Pedrera View, 15 deluxe, 6 deluxe Pedrera view, 2 Pedrera penthouse24-hour reception serviceWi-Fi in all areas2 outdoor swimming pool and solariumGym and saunaMassages on request Business centerHindu and Buddhist museumMini barBreakfast serviceParkingCleaning serviceLaundry and ironing serviceSmall dogs allowedShould you require anything further, or find you have time on your hands that you would like to spend doing something original and unique, please let us know. The concierge will provide assistance to make your stay in Barcelona a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Derby Hotels, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Suites Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Avenue Hotel Barcelona
- Suites Avenue Barcelona, Catalonia