We were entirely pleased with our stay at Suites Avenue. The staff were extremely helpful. We arrived shortly before noon and the previous tenants had departed. Rather than make us wait several hours to check in they expedited the room cleaning so we could get settled right away. While all the staff were wonderful I want to especially thank Ahmed (sp?). He patiently gave us detailed great advice at the beginning of our stay and handled our room review at the end. And let me say that while the idea of a room check might sound kind of strange, having a non-stressed pair of eyes to help make sure you've taken that passports out of the safe is a nice innovation. (Yes, really they want to make sure you haven't trashed the apartment, but still.) The washer/dryer is complicated, but worth using. The apartment is sylishly minimalistic and completely comfortable. We enjoyed relaxing on our couch looking out at our beautiful view before dinner after a hard day of sightseeing. The pool was too cold for us to use, but we enjoyed relaxing on the pool deck as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites Avenue, inaugurated in spring of 2009, is a new option for accommodations in Barcelona, directly opposite Gaudí's La Pedrera.These luxury tourist apartments are ideal for medium- to long-term stays and designed especially for family holidays and business trips.Located in the Eixample neighbourhood right on Barcelona's Passeig de Gràcia occupies a recently built avant-garde building with a spectacular stainless steel façade designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. It is a building that draws the attention of Barcelona residents and tourists alike, and it has become an architectural icon.Suites Avenue has independent apartments of 45 to 86 m2, with one or two luxury bedrooms, independent kitchen, sitting-dining room and shared services like two outdoor swimming pool, a solarium, a communal terrace with views looking over Passeig de Gràcia, a gym, a sauna and a museum with original Hindu and Buddhist pieces on display.ServicesLuxury apartments equipped with all electrical appliances, furniture and utensils in the following categories: 6 superior, 12 superior Pedrera View, 15 deluxe, 6 deluxe Pedrera view, 2 Pedrera penthouse24-hour reception serviceWi-Fi in all areas2 outdoor swimming pool and solariumGym and saunaMassages on request Business centerHindu and Buddhist museumMini barBreakfast serviceParkingCleaning serviceLaundry and ironing serviceSmall dogs allowedShould you require anything further, or find you have time on your hands that you would like to spend doing something original and unique, please let us know. The concierge will provide assistance to make your stay in Barcelona a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Derby Hotels, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suites Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Avenue Hotel Barcelona
- Suites Avenue Barcelona, Catalonia