Suites Avenue
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
US$346
US$370
US$354
Hotels.com
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Barri Gotic(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$394
US$355
US$511
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$223
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ciutat de Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$266
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsla pedrerapedrera viewwasher dryerliving roomhugo bossoven microwavethe penthouseapartment hotelperfect locationfull kitchenhigh end shoppinghome away from homesmall gymsecond bedroomsingle bedgreat apartmentrooftop pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Wonderful location, excellent amount of space, young children love the space they get, well furnished property including kitchen. The staff are very friendly and willing to help a much as they can. I will highly recommend this to anyone and wont stay anywhere else every time I come to Barcelona with family. Sagrada is walkable, la padrera is right across the road,

Room Tip: Higher floor the better. Great views of la padrera which is just across the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our first trip to Barcelona was enhanced by the lovely apartment surrounded by historical significant buildings and great window shopping. We walked to the old quarter, the location is perfect and safe. My children became ill and the staff were kind and helpful with arranging cancellations and rebookings. Both Rowan and Christina exude warmth, calm, and confidence. Our lasting appreciation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlene L
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great place to stay in Barcelona, we visited for the Formula 1, it was an ideal base to stay and a easy to walk to catch the coach to the circuit. The apartment was excellent and kept very clean, the staff were very helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble, they recommended and booked two restaurants for us and both were superb. I would definitely recommend as a perfect base for exploring Barcelona

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the building with a lovely balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at Suites Avenue in mid 2013 with my mother and sister. I had a stunning room at the back of the hotel by myself while they had a front facing room with a view over the Paseo de Gracia and Gaudí's La Pedrera. I have stayed in a lot of luxury hotels in my time as you can see from my other Trip advisor reviews, including hotels like the Beverly Hills Hotel in LA and the Palace Hotel in Lucerne. Suites Avenue in Barcelona is one of the finest properties I have ever stayed in. The 2 rooms we had were sparkling clean, ultra modern and stunning with every possible modern convenience e.g. a dishwasher etc. The beds were comfortable and I had a wonderful quiet sleep. The Pedrera view room is definitely worth the extra money - the view was just outstanding, breathtaking. If I came to Barcelona again I would definitely stay at Suites Avenue and would recommend it to others. I would rate this property a 10 out of 10.

The area surrounding the hotel is posh with designer stores equivalent to Rodeo Drive or Bond Street in London. Make sure you do the hop on hop off bus tour to orient yourself around the city - it was fantastic. Also I would go and watch FC Barcelona play if you can.

Regarding pickpocketing in central Barcelona we had read all about Barcelona’s serious pickpocket problem in advance and were extremely vigilant. My sister even bought a lock for the zipper of her handbag! We avoided Las Ramblas like the plague and therefore did not fall victim to Barcelona’s notorious pickpockets. Please be on your guard and ladies watch your handbag at all times when you are in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a view of the Pedrera it's worth the money
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank OzTraveller20
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were entirely pleased with our stay at Suites Avenue. The staff were extremely helpful. We arrived shortly before noon and the previous tenants had departed. Rather than make us wait several hours to check in they expedited the room cleaning so we could get settled right away. While all the staff were wonderful I want to especially thank Ahmed (sp?). He patiently gave us detailed great advice at the beginning of our stay and handled our room review at the end. And let me say that while the idea of a room check might sound kind of strange, having a non-stressed pair of eyes to help make sure you've taken that passports out of the safe is a nice innovation. (Yes, really they want to make sure you haven't trashed the apartment, but still.) The washer/dryer is complicated, but worth using. The apartment is sylishly minimalistic and completely comfortable. We enjoyed relaxing on our couch looking out at our beautiful view before dinner after a hard day of sightseeing. The pool was too cold for us to use, but we enjoyed relaxing on the pool deck as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple