Stayed here for 2 nights while on a family vacation with our adult kids. The hotel is a very cool renovation of an old bank and is located perfectly on the Passeig de Gracia (read that shopping and heart of a lively city).
Let me start with the numerous positives: the staff is focused, welcoming, pleasant, and genuine. A very special call out to Marta the concierge, she helped us with some very tricky circumstances and did so quite professionally and pleasantly. Maria and Marika of the front desk are also worthy of thanking. Our room ( a junior suite on floor 3) was large but not spacious. It came with "Butler Service" which is an interesting touch. Very contemporary bathrooms that you should find enjoyable with great amenities and towels. The elevators are very good -- fast and nice. The roof top terrace provides a great view of Barcelona and has an attractive dipping pool. It is pricey but if you are willing to sign up for this you get high touch service.
Now for things that need to be tweaked (improved upon) -- for a hotel of this stature the Fitness Center needs to be better. It is too small and has very limited weights. The aerobic machines are high quality TechnoGym and there is an "advanced" singular universal machine that only uses resistance bands -- very hard to use. The Spa is nice and the people are welcoming but the relaxation facility is too small and it can get to a situation where there are not enough lounges. Lastly, breakfast was not included in our room and it should be given the price of your stay.
Net net: This is a very fine and expensive hotel. It has many advantages but a few things that hold it back from being a exceptional experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is an elegant, contemporary hotel in the heart of the avant-garde city's celebrated Passeig de Gracia. Located in a renovated mid-20th century building, this 120-room hotel, offers exceptional services and facilities including an award-winning spa, innovative dining at BistrEau by Angel Leon and two Michelin-starred dining by Carme Ruscalleda, within an exquisite interior created by world renowned Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Catalonia