The building oozes luxury even as you enter it. The entrance foyer is stylish and you certainly know you are entering a high end hotel. On being greeted by the reception staff, and offered an ice-tea even as we checked in, we were offered a substantial upgrade from our room to a much larger suite.
The reception staff escorted us to our suite, which was simply amazing. It felt brand new - that's because it basically was - in the new building. It was also so large that it had a separate guest cloakroom/toilet as well as a large sitting/dining area, massive outdoor seating area with table and loungers, and the bedroom itself with large walk-in wardrobe and fantastic bathroom.
Everything was impeccably clean and just worked. The room was perfect and exactly what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. Although you did have to pay additional for wi-fi, it was extremely fast (100Mbps download and around 60Mbps upload speeds!) so it felt a small price to pay for good quality internet. Other features of the room included 2 large and modern samsung TV's, a modern iPhone dock with lightning connector, I think the TV's even had AppleTV connected to them in case you wanted to stream movies to them! Overall, extremely impressive.
The hotel restaurant - Blanc - was nice and light and airy, very comfortable. We had lunch there were the fish we had (Haddock, I think?) was amazing, absolutely perfectly cooked. For dinner we decided to go and explore the city - the Concierge recommended us somewhere to eat, which also turned out to be fantastic. Would highly recommend the concierge service.
Overall, I would not hesitate to visit again or suggest to a friend. This is what 5 star should be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is an elegant, contemporary hotel in the heart of the avant-garde city's celebrated Passeig de Gracia. Located in a renovated mid-20th century building, this 120-room hotel, offers exceptional services and facilities including an award-winning spa, innovative dining at BistrEau by Angel Leon and two Michelin-starred dining by Carme Ruscalleda, within an exquisite interior created by world renowned Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental and Priceline so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Catalonia