“Como en casa!”

Bonavista Apartments - Passeig de Gracia
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I booked the studio apartment in the street Bonavista, number 4. It was exactly what I was looking for. Location was excellent, just right off paseo de gracia (the most popular street in barcelona). Bonavista street has all sorts of services, supermarket, pharmacy, shops, and a wonderful, personal favorite, coffee shop called buenas migas. The daily menu is just right and very affordable. The apartment was great, perfect size for up to two couples or whatever other combination. You really dont need anything else. The kitchen was fully equipped, wi-fi was lightning fast and the beds where superb! Also, I had the fortune of having the studio apartment with the balcony, facing bonavista street, perfect for a morning coffee. Last, the service was just what I expected after reading all the reviews. I DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT NOT ONE MINUTE AT THE DOOR!! Thus, very important to call from the airport. Check-in went smoothly and all the information required was given in a welcome pack. I am definitely coming back to barcelona and I know the guys at Bonavista will take care of me! Thanks Pablo and staff!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew M

Reviewed 8 January 2013

My family was traveling with two young children as well as my parents. We rented two one bedroom apartments at the Virriena location. I was concerned about this location, but it turned out to be perfect for us. I wanted to be in an artistic part of town with access to cute shops and quiet plazas where the kids could play. We had all this and the close proximity of the metro. The apartments themselves were well equipped and were in great condition. The only downfall was check in - I had to call three times before we arrived which was not indicated on the directions. We were coming from France and did not have cell phones. I originally called in the morning to confirm directions, the form indicated to give 2 hours notice and an approximate time. The man asked for me to call again before arriving. I called from a rest stop and gave a 45 minute window. He insisted I call again when I was 10 minutes away. I explained this would be hard since we didn't have mobile phones, aren't from the area, were trying to navigate directions, and follow each other in a rental car. He insisted that these were the rules and no one would be there to receive us despite the fact that we were arriving at 4:00 in the afternoon which indicated on the reservation form should be fine. However, once checked in everything went well and the representative gave us some good tips to navigate the area. My parents only complaint was the noise from the street.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Meredith H
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

We have booked this apartment (address is Carrer de bonavista) for four nights and we were pleasantly surprised by how spacious the apartment was. The apartment has everything you need and is perfect located in Gracia. From here you can walk to many sites within 15-30 minutes. This was our 3rd time in Barcelona and it was our best choice for accommodation. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Our host Victor was also very helpful. He arranged tickets for the champions league game of Barcelona. We had perfect seats for a decent price and a memorable evening.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank saiho
Reviewed 24 August 2012

8 Apartments in this block and quite crammed - photo's and description on-line stated 2 x bedrooms with Lounge/kitchen and shower room - but in actual fact there was a large Bedsit with a sliding door to seperate the beds and only 1 x bedroom!
It wasn't until we came home that I spotted the apartment was only 38 square metres - thanks god for the open air roof terrace ..............where you COULD swing a cat!

- also the AC was pretty poor and with 34-38 degrees heat it made for uncomfortable sleeping

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed at the Bonavista Apartments last year for 5 nights and we've just booked for a second stay next january (again for a period of 5 nights). Can't wait to go back...

The apartment had the quality of a high standard hotel and because there are so many excellent restaurants and breakfast bars in Barcelona, we prefer this formula to visit the city rather than checking in to a hotel: for the same amount of money as you would pay for a hotel you have a large, clean room ideally situated in the center of the city next to the Passeig de Gracia. And because it is located in a rather small street, it is actually quiet (day and night).

We took the bus from the airport to the Placa Catalunya and then only two subway stops ahead we were ready to check-in were Pablo was awaiting us.

We had a very nice sitting area and large outside area to relax. We didn't use the laundry because we were only there for a couple of days, but I can imagine it might come in handy... The kitchen had everything you might wish for (micro wave, large refrigerator, oven, ...) and we could immediately make ourselves a cup of tea.
Very good mattress as well, with high quality cushions (better than we have at home :-) with an enormous wardrobe.
The bathroom was brand new with largely enough towels, had a hairdryer, there was enough space to put our things (I just hate that all of our stuff has to remain in the toilet bag throughout the stay).

Like I already said, we're turning back within a couple of months so absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here with another couple and this was the most amazing apartment. We had a balcony, laundry, full kitchen, all modern appliances, flat scree tv, big bedroom, queen sized sofa bed, everything was super clean. The owner/manager of the apartments was always there to help, he gave us a parking space in the downstairs garage, he aided us in finding places to eat and drink. Everything about our stay in Barcelona, at the Bonavista Apts, was excellent. We would definitely recommend this anyone visiting this beautiful Spanish city.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Istanbully
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My mother and I stayed in one of the apartments in February 2012. Our experience was very very good from booking to departure. Miguel and Andre were most helpful providing us with information and assistance before and during our stay. The studio apt was lovely and the location could not have been better. The apartment is cozy, functional and comfortable. The price was very reasonable. I could not wait to visit Barcelona again and I will select Bonavista apartments again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business