“W rocks - best of city style and resort service”
Review of W Barcelona

W Barcelona
Ranked #93 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“W rocks - best of city style and resort service”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Have stayed here twice. I'd argue that best Barcelona hotels are Arts, Mandarin Oriental and the W.

W wins on our personal preference - great breakfast, fantastic gym, and hands-down winner if you're visiting in Summer and want to use pool/beach. Great cocktails too.

If you need american-style 5-star concierge type service go for the Arts and if you want to stay central and just shop go for the Mandarin.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kjw_global

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,172)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I am in a corner suite of the new W Starwood hotel on the 17th floor.
Fabulous luxury and view for 480 Euro a night.
It's a 5 minute walk to get a 12 Euro Paella dinner or 37 Euro Paella for 2 downstairs.
Taxi ride to center Plaza de Catalunya is 10 Euro.
Euro = $1.30
Best bacon and eggs I have ever had.

Room Tip: I am a Platinum member in Starwood SPG. I received a free upgrade to a suite. I stay 5 nights as I...
1 Thank bedwards1951
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear bedwards1951,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to submit us your feedback while staying with us. I am very glad to read that you were able to enjoy one of our beautiful Cool Corner Suites on the 17th floor, and that you had the best bacon and eggs you ever had. We always appreciate hearing from guest satisfaction.

Hope you also enjoyed the Paella!
It was a real pleasure to have you at our hotel, and if you ever feel like coming back to Barcelona, we would be honored to welcome you in our hotel once again.
Yours sincerely,
Hotel Manager
W Barcelona
London
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the W Barcelona. It was my 30th birthday and we booked a short break to celebrate.

Our first room was on a lower floor (7th I think) and faced the port. The room looked out over a roof so we asked to change rooms and ended up in a much better room on the 18th floor, still looking out over the port. The room (a Wonderful room) was very well designed - we loved the window seat and enjoyed watching the cruise ships come and go and the planes taking off and landing. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the Bliss products were great. The one disappointment with the room was that there was no coffee machine.

We used the gym a few times - it's very large and well equipped for a hotel gym and has a great view of the beach. The pool was quite small but there were good sea views from there. In general the facilities at the hotel were great and you could easily spend days there without leaving. We visited the Bliss spa twice - not cheap, but when you've booked a treatment you get access to the lovely spa, plus tea/sparkling wine and brownies! Both the treatments I had (75 mins "Blissage" and manicure) were excellent.

The beach was lovely - we went for a swim in the sea one day (brr!) and it was great to have hotel towels and showers etc on hand.

The hotel knew it was my birthday and really looked after me. There was cake in our room with a card the day we arrived; cake and a cocktail in the spa on my actual birthday and a free drink the day we checked out. These were really nice touches and made our stay special.

We visited Eclipse (the bar/nightclub on the 27th floor) which was fun and open until 4am.

We had a brilliant stay at the W and would definitely come back again.

1 Thank Jimbleton
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The W, barcelona hotel is one of the best experience one can have. The picturesque beach front... Just a doors open walk and a super experience awaits you. Located in a vast open area and having its own pub n disc located on the 22nd floor providing a panoramic view of the ocean...The best place to be....

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank vkumar1983
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I am completely sincere when I say that this experience at W Hotel Barcelona was one of the best ones I've ever had. The design of the hotel itself is at the same time very stylish, welcoming, and screams luxury! I was there with my girlfriend and we had an amazing time. We had a stunning view from the 15th floor facing the ocean and part of the city. The kingsize bed was very comfortable, and the touch of the rain shower in the bathroom was an unexpected surprise :)

We were lucky to be there on a Sunday night where W Barcelona has a private party next to the pool and the bar as well as one on the 26th floor! A really fun night I must say.

The service was great thanks to Valentina Gonzalez and Claudia Acosta. We will definitely be coming back at least once a year :)

From Yannick K.

1 Thank Yannick_2121
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed at the W Barcelona at the end of a Mediterranean Cruise. You can see this hotel from all over Barcelona- it sits right on the water at the end of the beach.

We had a nice room that overlooked the water- beautiful view - the bed faces out floor to ceiling windows! Just a word of caution - our bed was horribly uncomfortable and my husband and I both did not sleep great. Also- not a place for modesty. The toilet is enclosed in the actual bedroom with tinted glass windows. I don't know how I would have felt sharing the room with anyone but my husband!

We are both in our 50s - the hotel is quite hip! The bar was hopping and there was always alot going on.

Another caution- we are runners and loved the location. But the walk into town is FAR. It is probably a mile and a half away from the Christopher Columbus statue- so if you are looking for a centrally located hotel this is definitely not it. However, the beach is beautiful and we found many great restaurants looking over the water at the base of the W.

3 Thank Kelly L
Chihuahua
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I travelled in August 2012 to Barcelona with some friends. I am from Mexico, and seeing the false reputation mexicans have worldwide, we got to W with the thought that we would be treated as such. But the people were very nice from when we got there until we left. The building is amazing, very modern, attractive, and clean.
The location is excellent. A nice street is walking distance. If you don´t want to walk, taxis are close by the entrance, and are not expensive.
My only two complaints are the bathrooms... which are almost see-through (no privacy) and a lot of noise, which you can expect from a hotel that is as busy as this one.
The hotel screams out "party" as soon as you walk in, which isn´t bad! I am not much of a party person, but it was still fun.
Over all, I would recommend this hotel, it is a great experience!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends