“Private Beach- Amazing!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Private Beach- Amazing!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My friends and I were lucky enough to gain access to the private beach one afternoon during our stay and it was PERFECT! The atmosphere, the music, the scenery was so amazing! We ordered Sangrias which were probably the best we had on our trip. Unfortunately we weren't able to stay at the hotel because at that time there were no availabilities but the amenities did not fail to impress! The hotel itself is beautiful and you should definitely stay here if you can!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vidhya R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,201)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Beirut
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I probably would not really categorize the W as "average" but I wouldn't say it was "really good" either. It's such an expensive hotel that you would really expect absolutely perfect service and I was disappointed in that regard. The rooms were sometimes left uncleaned until late afternoon (because they say they have until 5pm to clean it, but there isn't even a "clean room" tag that you can put if you really want you room tidied up). The concierge were nice, but not very helpful. And the service around the pool and at breakfast
That being said, the service down at the beach was really great, and the rooms were beautiful, with amazing views of the sea and the beds are unbelievably comfortable.
I wouldn't have complained at all if it weren't so expensive to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelingways
Barney2eyes
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This is a great a hotel for a long weekend ... especially if your priority is to lounge by he pool supping cocktails and reading books (as mine was). The room (standard one) was large and well air conditioned and the beds very comfortable. Only gripe is the toilets which are sort of part of the main room with a thin frosted glass door / wall to form a cubicle. Hence not particularly private from an audibility or nasal point of view! Pool is small but provides the refreshment you need following an hour frying in the Barcelona sun. There's plenty of staff to bring you drinks foods towels etc and they even wander around with free ice cream at the end of the day. Clientele are a bit snobby ... all trying hard to look super cool. There's something a little distasteful. People seem to be rather rude. Easy access to beach where there is a little W area. Hardly left hotel so don't ask me about barcelona! Did venture out to sensi restaurant ... Absolute no miss!

• Stayed July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Third stay this year clearly the best so far. Perhaps the familiarity , perhaps genuine improvements in service .. Cool expanse .. wet deck is the best bar to hangout in BCN in summer.. Small plates at the wave restaurant are to die for..

• Stayed July 2013
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 26 July 2013

When I was booking my room in W, I am SPG Platinum Member, so when I went to Barcelona was some option in the SPG hotels, I was not excepting nothing special, specially because I saw by the highway the localization of the hotel and I was thinking that in the old harbor could not be nice.

But finally when I arrived there I discover that the place where is located the hotel is very nice.

And the hotel is wonderful, the view from the rooms is amazing, you can really appreciate Barcelona from there !

There hotel have acces on the beach, many bars and restaurants (one bar is on the top of the building, but finally there the view was quite the same than in my room on the 15 floor)

Decoration of W is on a very good level, just what u can expect from a W hotel. This brand of hotels is really nice (if you forget about the one in Paris for who I already wrote a comment)

If you have to stay in Barcelona and you can afford it, choose the W, I heard before that everybody want to go in this hotel, now I know why, and I confirm that it's a very very nice hotel

Room Tip: the best hotel in Barcelona
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
berlin
Reviewed 26 July 2013

One of the best Hotels, i have been staying so far - friendly staff - from reception to the incredibale Team of "what ever" - they take care from the very first moment you enter the Hotel, making your stay unforgettable, friendly and everybody has a smile for every client at any moment. Amazing that for any question this guys find a proper answer - we liked all the ideas given by Biken and his collegues to us during our stay.
Pool and Gym are great, the bar service and food are excellent. And don t miss the parties at the pool!!!
W Barcelona - this is our joice for the next trip to BCN!!!

Room Tip: if possible book a room with both views - the city and the sea - so high as possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at this property with SPG points in July 2013, and I have to say this is the best W hotel I have ever stayed, for following reasons:
1. Excellent Sea View. Not every W offers great view. This one has the best sea view in town for sure.
2. Friendly, helpful staff. Every staffs we met in this property were glad to help us out.
3. Recognition for SPG status. As a mere gold I got published benefit (room upgrade), even on a points stay

Everything is pricey, but this is expected when I chose a premium brand in an expensive city (in Spain). Yes, the hotel is far away from everything except the beach, so we stayed mostly in our room,the spa, the pool and the beach. We stayed in another property in the city the nights before and used bus no 17 right behind the hotel if we wanted to go into the city.

The hotel can be chaotic on busy weekends. The pool is too small for such a big hotel, and during our stay arranging luggage to be sent to our room took quite a while. However these logistic glitches did not have an impact on our vacation. We were at W for a good stay at the beach, to enjoy the music, the ambiance and the great fabulous room. I would recommend to come during weekdays at summer time as there is less people queuing up for everything in this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for Sea view if you do not want to have partial harbour/parking lot view. The fabulous room shou...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family