“Loved this Hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Loved this Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We loved this hotel in Barcelona! It is a little off the beaten path which could be good or bad depending on your goals in Barcelona! There are plenty of cabs outside to take you wherever you need to go but if walking is what you prefer then tack on a least 20-40 mins until you get tot he main city roads. They only offer 2 free hours of WiFi in your room a day but then it is free throughout the lobby. It is a great hotel and very trendy! A great club on the top floor with excellent music!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WBarcelona, Personal Assistant to General Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear K_DAlpert from Michigan,

Thank you for your comments and for your loyalty to W Barcelona.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please be in touch. elisabeth.vilardell@whotels.com

Elisabeth Vilardell
Personal Assistant to General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,157)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am really in love with this hotel! I first went 2 years ago on vacation with my boyfriend. Last December I spend a week traveling for business and then came back in April for 2 nights, again with my boyfriend to visit an exhibition. Each time the stay was perfect. Will never get bored of these views! And the beds are so soft, like sleeping in a cloud! Staff is friendly, breakfast is very nice, location very quiet. Can imagine staying in another hotel in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Nit too low, not too high floors. Opt for city & beach view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest from Athens,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at W Barcelona, and thanks for staying with us again. It is always nice to read such positive reviews on our hotel and your stay, and how proud we are when reading that you can´t imagine staying in another hotel in Barcelona. I will share your comments with the members of my team. We look forward to your return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The W Barcelona was easily one of the coolest, nicest hotels I have stayed at in my life. The place was always clean, top of the line service, right on the beach, beautiful pool, and hip, sexy crowd.

Something special happened after I checked out though! When I got to the airport to travel to my next destination, I realized my passport was not on me. I had a ten day trip around Europe in front of me that I was on the vurge of having to cancel and was extremely upset. As a last ditch effort, I called the W to just double check whether it was in the room or not, even though I could have sworn I put it in my bag. A lady named Marta picked up the phone at 6:00 am. She sounded more worried about this then me!!!!

She swore to call me back in 5 minutes because she was personally runnning up to my room I just checked out of to look for it.....Five minutes later, I got a call from her saying she found my passport. She immediately got a taxi driver to bring it to me, gave me his cell number, his license number, and all his info so I knew it was safe.....About 25 minutes later, I got my passport and made my flight!!!!

W and espicially Marta are AMAZIINNG!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hello EricDEisenberg,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us and other travelers. We always appreciate when our guests write reviews and highlight members of my team. I will share your comments with Marta and her direct supervisor. I know they always go above and beyond to make our guests feel right at home and special. I am glad to read that you finally found your passport and you could continue your ten day trip!!

For any assistance with a future visit please feel free to contact me directly through the Executive Office email address at elisabeth.vilardell@WHotels.com.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I really enjoyed my time at W Barcelona.
Great view from hotel, pool right next to sea, and private beach. Very good service.
We felt so comfortable there that we didn't bother going to the city.
Food choice and quality was quite good : 3 restaurants in hotel (one on last floor, one on 1st floor, one on basement), food delivery at the pool and at the beach.
Very good pricing !

Room Tip: I tried both high and low floor rooms (18 and 3), both had a great view, as there's the sea on b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband I stayed at the W on the night after leaving a cruise ship. The hotel is hip and modern and the guest bedrooms large and well-equipped. We were put in one of the rear sea view rooms which have a fairly boring view. The better rooms overlook the beach and pool. I found the bed too soft but this is a personal view. The shower is badly designed as it has a hanging area at the rear. If you need to reach anything there, you have to walk through a wet shower to do so. The shower and toilet are separated from each other and the room by panels of frosted glass but the basins are open-plan with the bedroom. I felt that the corridors were bland, somewhat tired-looking and reminiscent of a prison corridor (an experience based on film and television only).

The pool areas are lovely with both cabanas and sun-beds. There are two levels. The lower area was noisy with irritating piped music. The upper area was the more peaceful of the two.

Breakfast is largely a self-service affair in a large, light and airy room which overlooks the pool area. I found the service lacking in clearing used dishes from the table and having specially asked for very crispy bacon to be freshly cooked with my eggs, it arrived limp and oily.

There is only two hours of free wi-fi in the rooms after which you have to pay. There is free wi-fi in the common areas. I found this irritating. A good stay on the whole.

Room Tip: Choose high rooms overlooking the beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lferstendik
Hello Carmadgirly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit with us. We are very happy to read that in general you had a good stay at our hotel, but thank you also for your constructive comments. We always appreciate all of our guests feedback and concerns as it helps us move the needle and improve on our level of guest services. If I can be of any assistance on a future visit please email me at the Executive Office of the Hotel at elisabeth.vilardell@whotels.com.

Have a lovely weekend.

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the W Barcelona from June 22-28. When we first arrived it was a Sunday morning and we were a little concerned because we weren't initially greeted by the hotel staff nor did anyone help to bring in our luggage. We decided to let this go and make the most of our day while waiting for our room and soaked up the sun by the pool. We were happy to find that the hotel, pool, and beach area were clean, sleek, and modern. The service from the pool and beach staff was attentive and friendly. My husband and I both speak Spanish and engaged in conversations with the hotel staff, and we were very happy we did! The concierge sent us a cookie platter thanking us for our efforts to speak in Spanish, Frederic sent us complimentary beverages, and Andres from the room service staff sent us Cava, fruit and chocolates with our breakfast!

We ordered room service for breakfast a few mornings before exploring the city center. The food was always promptly delivered, piping hot and delicious. The Cafe con Leche is to die for. The food, however is very expensive. We are from Manhattan and are accustomed to high prices, but paying $40 US for one breakfast dish and two coffees is excessive. We loved Andres, who delivered our food twice and was kind and hospitable each time. He gave us some great tips for exploring with a big smile on his face.

The concierge was always very helpful and recommended a wine tour in the Penedes region, which we loved! If you have a chance do this! Our tour went to three wineries including Jean Leon and Freixenet. It also included tapas and LOTS of wine and cava.

Overall, we loved our stay at the W Barcelona. Our room was perfect, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, the Whatever/Whenever and hotel staff did everything they could to make our vacation memorable and relaxing. I cannot wait to stay here again and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NinaCKanjo
Dear NinaCKanjo,

Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us at W Barcelona! It is always nice to read such nice comments, and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed a lot the wine tour in the Penedes region. Indeed, if one have enough days in Barcelona, it is another fantastic trip, together also with the Costa Brava area.

Should I be of any assistance on an upcoming trip please contact me directly at the Executive Office email address at elisabeth.vilardell@whotels.com.

I look forward to your return!
Smithtown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just completed our stay at the W Hotel In Barcelona. The staff was wonderful. Always greeted with a smile. They all went out of their way to be helpful. We had a corner room overlooking both the harbor and the Mediterranean. Amazing view!
Room was very nice. Just beware that the shower water may run all over the bathroom...make sure to put the towel down by the shower door. The glass surrounding the toilet and the shower are a bit uncomfortable. Make sure you know your travel partner very well :)
Overall the room was very nice. Some of the electrical outlets were not working. The lighting situation in the room is a bit difficult to use. Those would be the only negatives.
Sunday night pool party is a sight to behold. Twenty somethings dressed to the nines and ready to party poolside...definetely gives the W a Hollywood feel.
Paradise was found poolside. Beautiful pool and so relaxing to lay on a chaise lounge and recharge. Wait staff at pool is extremely friendly and helpful. Wish we would have spent more time at the pool and beach.
Restaurants are terrific. Breakfasts are exceptional. One can actually spend entire vacation at the hotel and leave feeling as though they had an amazing vacation! Enjoy.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 5th floor. We overlooked the harbor as well as the Mediterranean Sea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jantres
Hello Jantres,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at W Barcelona. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to our mediterranean city, and that in particularly you found our staff wonderful and helpful.

However, I am sorry to read that some of the electrical outlets in your room were not working. Usually any such faults are detected and rectified prior to the room being allocated. I do apologise that those faults were not brought to the attention of our maintenance team sooner.

We look forward to your return!