Lowest prices for your stay
£163
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
gerdiegirl2017
Ladysmith, Canada

A great location, efficient and friendly staff that made our trip to Barcelona pleasant and stress free!

Review of Casa Lirio
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Apr 2024via mobile
The check in was efficient, they kept our luggage for us since we arrived at 09.00 that day. Nina’s English was excellent as she sorted us out and assigned rooms for us next to each other as we traveled with another couple. We had superior rooms and were given rooms with balconies as requested.. She also gave us some information about the tourist information centre, operating times etc. She also helped us to book a tour to Andorra. Such a nice personable girl. Actually, we found all of the staff to be delightfully friendly and helpful. Everyone spoke great English.
We didn’t know what to expect after reading mixed reviews. We found the rooms to be quite large and very nicely designed with a large wardrobe, and ample room for suitcases under a large desk like counter. The shower looked like it had been renovated with a huge rainfall type shower head and hand hold shower. This is a surprise to find in Europe! We were pleasantly surprised.
The location of the Casa Lirio was great. It was very close to La Rambla, but far enough away from the noise. Access to the many little streets to the Gothic quarter was steps away. Overall we were pleased and would say it was good value for the money. We are going back to Barcelona next year and will definitely stay there again.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: The hotel has steps to get to the reception area, but there is also a lift which is surprisingly...
Get rewarded with One Key
Beachfront
    £316
0.5 miles from Casa Lirio
View more hotels in Barcelona
All reviews toilet roll la rambla nice stay very comfortable room guest house perfect hotel gothic area would definitely stay here again every morning first floor excellent location balcony pillows ramblas earplugs supermarket euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2024 via mobile

Location was very good in the heart of Barcelona just off the rambles and this was the main selling point

Hotel wise it just felt standard at best, entrance is scruffy and not very welcoming (reception is on the 1st floor), the room was okay, it didn’t knock my socks off but at the same time is was okay, complementary bottled water was clearly tap water, room didn’t have a kettle and tea/coffee in room, bathroom was sub par with damp walls and badly fitted shower, key drop off didn’t work as we checked out at 8am so just left the key on the side, reception is open 10-10

All in all I would give this hotel a 5 out of 10 and this is mainly because of the location

Ashley

Room tip: I would pay a little more next time and go somewhere a little better and more inviting
Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed 31 March 2024

I stayed at Case Lirio for 3 nights in March 2024. From the start, I was a bit apprehensive about this hotel. I was dropped off 500 yards from the hotel because it was down a pedestrian alleyway. It was the middle of the afternoon, but the alley was dark, dingy, and smelled bad. I walked past the ‘hotel door’ 3x and finally stopped to ask someone at a restaurant. Street numbers weren’t in order either so that didn’t help. Finally, a man who had watched me miss it time and again finally pointed it out for me. Once inside, it was a small lobby area that looked like an old apartment building (see pics). It had a one-person elevator and the rooms were behind main doors with entry to “common areas” on each floor (you’re issued 3 ‘real’ keys per room not hotel key cards. Room wasn’t bad, rather small and the sink was in the main room and it was huge with no space around the edges for toiletries. 2 separate “closet spaces” that were the toilet and shower. My view out the window was into a man’s apartment literally 5 ft from my window…needless to say, I never opened my curtains. Plusses were a comfortable bed, Nina who checked me in, and breakfast (although small, had a bit of everything). Location was a bit scary for a female traveling alone. When I checked out @0930, reception wasn’t manned and I had to give my pile of keys to the woman setting up breakfast (that was the checkout process). Because of the positive notes, I can give a 3-star rating, but it’s very far from 5 stars unfortunately. I found it VERY expensive for the age of the hotel and lack of amenities.

Room tip: Have to look for the small brown door down an alleyway to find main entrance to hotel
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2024

The hotelroom was simple but fine except from the floors that need some painting. It was very good with a safetybox inside the room. We think that the owner should remove the line in the description that the rooms are noise proof, they were not. We didn’t mind but people who really need a quiet room will be disappointed. The breakfast was tasty with omelette, bread, cereals, some sweets and fruit. I would loved if they served pancakes though. The staff were very friendly!!! Two of the days we didn’t have any hot water in the shower, not that nice. The location of the hotel was perfect and if we go to Barcelona again we most likely will stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2024

We had a nice stay at casa Lirio. Our first impression was a bit doubtful. We experienced the neigbourhoud as dark and dirty. Each day we got used to the place and it became better.
The room is in an old building but they restored it very well! It was super clean. Unfortunately, there was no window. The breakfast was basic but we had everything what we needed. The personalized eggs were a big advantage! The staff is very kind.

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 5 January 2024

Second stay there and excellent service on both occasions. Fantastic location, great rooms, great staff. Sensibly priced as well. Was a last minute booking and a good price so an easy decision. I'll definitely be staying there again.

Date of stay: December 2023