“Warm welcome, efficient service, great location”
Review of The Urban Suites

The Urban Suites
London, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome, efficient service, great location”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We returned to The Urban Suites again this year for the Mobile World Congress. It was great to be back, like a home away from home. Everything was to the usual high standard and it was great to catch-up with the lovely Isabel (the owner) again this year. As we were on business the free WiFi was reallyuseful and Isabel helped us out on some dinner reservations and other logistics. The kitchenette came into use this year again for teas and coffees and the inevitable pizza. A really great place with a superb owner who goes that extra mile to make things pleasant and simple.

Room Tip: The big Suite is great value and can sleep upto three separate parties
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear marcymarc15,

It´s always nice to host you, we hope that the Mobile World Congress continues in Barcelona until 2025 to see you at least once per year :)

Big hug,
Isa, Raquel and Cristina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
USA
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I agree with the positive reviews. Great location and abundant roominess. Note that there's an Urban Suites rep in the same building from 9 to 9 to assist with sightseeing plans, purchase tickets on line, mail post cards, check out bus schedules, etc...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CriticInMyOwnMind
Dear CriticInMyOwnMind,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a nice review :)

If you ever come back Barcelona we hope to host you! Just write us an email and we will send you our best deal!

Best regards,
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2013

A week ago I was at The Urban Suites, we were there for three days with family and were delighted with Isa and Rachel.
They recommended great places to eat, where to go out for a drink, what places were a must to visit. They even helped to plan our weekend out!
Furthermore, the apartment was very clean and spacious. The only negative thing that occurs to me was that the halogen light in the room projected intermittently, but as soon as the maintenance guy came and taught us how to regulate it, it was all sorted. In addition, there were other lights and lamps in the room we could use so we wren't in the dark waitnig for our light to be fixed.
It was a great experience!!!! The staff were great and the rooms were superb, and the location was also great.
We will definitely be back!!!!! :-)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tina f
Dear Tina,

Thanks a lot for the nice review.

Make sure that next time you will have a nice offer if you write us to info@theurbansuites.com.

Best regards and big hug,

Paris, France
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Very nice hotel in a quiet neighbourhood, 3 metro stations at few minutes walk, direct line for Ramblas, 1 change for the beach...
We had a suite, very clean, the kitchen had modern appliances; the rooms were quite big, with enough place for 4 adults if needed (1 bed in the bedroom and 1 couch in the living).
I'm sorry I don't know the name of the young lady who welcomed us, she was very nice and helpful, recommending places to visit, as well as a hospital for our child who was sick.
I'll definitely stay there again and also recommend the place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear AC,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a nice review.

We were very happy when we knew that the sickness of the child was not very serious.

We hope to see the three of you, next time totally healthy :)

Don´t hesitate to contact us through email to have a nice deal.

Best regards and big hug,
Raquel
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I had booked a room for three during the christmas holidays, due to some unexpected last minutes problems I had to change my plans and council my reservation. Since it was Christmas day I contacted the website and council my reservation through an email, but to be in the safe side I decided to email the lodge with my request. Unfortunately, when they got back to me next day or something like that they had try to charge my credit card with a cancellation fee to which I was entitle to do because I was within the time frame. However, they wanted to be smart and refuse to cancel my reservation on the grounds that my cancellation time frame had expire, I guess because it was Christmas night and they closed early that day did not count as a working day for them and instead of five days cancellation policy they were asking for six days to council my reservation, which is ridiculously. Thanks god my credit card had been blocked for security reasons and the charge did not go through, I dispute the charge with them and the website for several days, until many emails and several attempts from the lodge to charge my card they finally agree to cancel my reservation. I advise all travelers to avoid this property when you deal with dishonest people like this you can only expect the worst when you arrived at their property. Luckily I did not stay with them after all.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ana D
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Ana,

As you have said in your review, you have not been hosted by us.

We have cancellation polices that you acepted when you made the reservation through the intermediate. And we did not received any cancellation or email from the intermediate before until 4 days before the arrival, so we did have the right to charge you the 50% not to cancel with the time you had contracted.

This is a small company and we don´t answer to the blackmail as you tried frightened us of about writing a bad review.

Anyway, we believe that TripAdvisor will do their work to eliminate this review, as it´s totally unfair and disproportionate.

Best regards,
Raquel
Quezon City
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We are a family of 5 and we really enjoyed our stay at the Urban Suites! Raquel was so helpful and friendly. We highly recommend the Urban Suites! In fact, our friends booked a room for their upcoming vacation. Thanks, Raquel from the Custodio family. You made our stay in Barcelona memorable!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank drcustodio
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear family Custodio,

Nice to read you after such a long time!!

We still have your picture in the wall of fame :)

What´s the name of your friends?

Big hug,
Raquel, Isa and Cristina
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Fantastic suites, modern, clean, stylish, spacious and in a great location!! I was initially reluctant to stay in self catering accommodation rather than a Hotel for our long weekend but as soon as we arrived I realised what a fantastic choice it was to stay at The Urban Suites! As we were 3 people it made a much better option than squashing into a Hotel room as the suite gave us a living area, aswell as a bedroom and a really well-equipped kitchen.
Theres a hotel style reception area with really helpful staff, who gave us loads of great tips to find our way around and make the most of our stay.
There is a supermarket just a 5 minute walk away to stock up on breakfast items, cafes on the doorstep and a cash point right outside.
There is a metro stop about a 2 minute walk away and Placa de España is a 5-10 minute walk away where there is another metro stop on the main line so it made getting around the city really easy! There is also a large shopping centre there inside the old bull ring.
We went to Barcelona for a concert which was held at Palacio San Jorge and we actually walked from the urban suites in around 30 minutes after the concert which was great as it was impossible to get a taxi due the number of people and theres no metro from there!
I would highly recommend this accommodation and I will definitely stay there again next time I go to Barcelona!

• Stayed October 2012