We first visited Barcelona summer 2012 and fell in love with this amazing city. I returned in October for a quick vacation and now we are planning to return this summer. In doing my research, I discovered that I had not written a review on Urban Suites, so here it is.
Both times I was there I stayed at Urban Suites. It is a terrific spot, nestled on a quiet street halfway between Sants Train Station and Place d'Espagna (both a mere 5 minute walk). There are many great little restos and cafes in the area. Transportation is very easy with three choices for metro stops all within a 5 minute walk (the Barcelona metro is excellent and inexpensive).
The one-bedroom suite was terrific. Clean and modern, with tv, fully equipped kitchen, free wifi, and a very high quality sofa bed in the living room. An added bonus is the (free) access to the washer and dryer on the top floor. You can take a book and a drink and enjoy the roof-top terrace as you do your laundry. There is a large grocery store next to Sants which was nice for stocking up as we usually started each day with breakfast in the suite.
The women who work at the hotel were terrific. Isabel even ordered tickets online for me to go to the Sagrada Familia with her personal credit card when I was having trouble ordering them with mine. When I returned in the fall, it was quite like coming home. It was familiar and comfortable and friendly. Those are 3 great things to have when you arrive in a new city late at night.
I recommend Urban Suites to anyone travelling to Barcelona, especially to families. It is very secure and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Urban Suites is a building of holiday apartments in Barcelona, situated 5 minutes walking from Spain Square and 5 minutes walking from Sants Station. It has four metro station very closed ((Tarragona, Espanya, Sants Estación & Hostafrancs), that´s why is very well conected to La Rambla, Camp Nou and Sacred Family.The Urban Suites is very well communicated to the airport. The airbus stops in Spain Square and the train from the airport in Sants Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Urban Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Urban Hotel Barcelona
- The Urban Suites Barcelona, Catalonia