The Urban Suites is located near to Barcelona Sants train station and Tarragona metro stop. We found it easily after arriving by train to Barcelona Sants from the airport. We received a very friendly, warm welcome that made us feel at home straight away and were given information and tips on what to do whilst we were in Barcelona. We were shown round to our studio apartment and given all the information we needed about the apartment itself.
The studio apartment was well equipped with combination oven/microwave/grill, electric hobs, kettle, toaster, juicer etc. Plates, bowls, plates, cutlery, pans etc were also provided - in fact the only thing we thought was missing from the kitchen was mugs for tea or coffee (although to be fair I'm sure if we had asked at reception about this it would be have been sorted out).
There was a big flat screen TV in the living area, with DVD player and sound system. The bedroom area had sliding door panels so you could close it off from the living and kitchen area and had a smaller flat screen TV in as well as drawers and a hanging rail for clothes. There was also a safe in the bedroom. The bathroom was functional with shower, basin and toilet. There are minimal toiletries provided. There was a good range of towels provided - these are not changed daily (unless you pay extra) but you can change them every 3rd day, which I thought was more than enough. There is air conditioning in the apartment that you have full control of and free Wifi available.
There is a roof terrace that is shared amongst all the apartments with sun loungers and a table and chairs. We found this a nice place to relax in the evening after exploring Barcelona during the day.
There is a supermarket a short walk from the apartments where you can stock up on pretty much whatever you need. There are some great restaurants within 5 minutes walk of the apartments - filled with the locals and away from the tourist traps. The Arena shopping centre is also a 5-10 minute walk (you can go to the top for great views of Barcelona) and the Magic Fountain not too far away either.
Check out was smooth and efficient - remember you need to pay the Barcelona city tax (although this is really not that much at all).
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay in The Urban Suites. It made a great base for us as it was well connected with the train and metro station and actually within walking distance of a lot of attractions (depending of course on how far you like to walk - we walked to Montjuïc Castle one day!). It was also away from the hustle and bustle of places like La Rambla and The Gothic Quarter so it was quiet and relaxing when we wanted some down time but we also felt safe in the area at all times (even when arriving back late in the night). The staff were lovely and very accommodating.
We would definitely return again next time we visit Barcelona!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Urban Suites is a building of holiday apartments in Barcelona, situated 5 minutes walking from Spain Square and 5 minutes walking from Sants Station. It has four metro station very closed ((Tarragona, Espanya, Sants Estación & Hostafrancs), that´s why is very well conected to La Rambla, Camp Nou and Sacred Family.The Urban Suites is very well communicated to the airport. The airbus stops in Spain Square and the train from the airport in Sants Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Urban Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Urban Hotel Barcelona
- The Urban Suites Barcelona, Catalonia