Hotel Praktik Rambla
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,300 results
All reviewsgreat locationfirst floorciudad condalbeautiful hotelrain showersuperior roomoutdoor terracechocolate croissanttapaslas ramblaslounge areasingle roomcoffee machinegreat showerloved this hotelairport buscentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I've been to Barcelona several times with friends, and I've stayed in hotels that have not convinced me. This time I decided to look for a better one not so expensive but in a good location. I found it thanks to my TripAdvisor's member update with the "Top 10 Boutique Hotels under $200". As my parents were travelling with me I was a little worried that the hotel would be too hip for their taste. But they loved it, the hotel is very chic, in an old historic building, with the best attractions around the corner and also great restaurants. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a common area perfect to chill out and rest after been all day walking around Barcelona. We stayed in two very big rooms, very clean and with charming balconies overlooking the Rambla Catalunya. Overall for the price and location it is a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
praktikrambla, Director General at Hotel Praktik Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for such a wonderful review. We are so glad that you and your parents really enjoyed your stay at Praktik Rambla and that you are content to choose this hotel for your visit to Barcelona.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again and in the meantime we send you greetings from Barcelona.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed here in September 2010. The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk from the main tourist street of La Rambla. It was a great location within walking distance of all of the cities main sites and with public transportation close by as well. The rooms were perfect mix of modern but blending into the old world charm of the hotel. Our room had a large bathroom with floor to ceiling windows. The hotel was clean and the staff were quite friendly and able to give us must see recommendations as a trip to Barcelona was only 2 short days. I will gladly stay here again on my next trip to the city.

Room Tip: higher floors have the best views of the city
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your nice review and we are glad that you had a nice experience at Praktik Rambla and that you found our location convenient to explore the city, especially for short stays.
We hope then to see you soon!

Regards from Barcelona!

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This was a very pleasant place to stay. Helpful staff (all spoke English and Spanish just fine- probably lots of other languages too, but I didn't try). The fact that you're in an old historic building is evident from the public spaces, which I thought were very tastefully maintained. The room seemed fairly new and was quite stylish.

I was by myself, so I stayed in a single room, which was comfortable, but very very small. And the windows faced directly out to the next building, so there was no view whatsoever. Probably not the case in all the rooms. Even though there are tons of people out on the street at night quite late, I didn't hear them at all from my room. The price of the room seemed very reasonable compared to other options in this neighborhood.

My guess is that every drawback I experienced had to do with the fact that I selected to stay in a small single room, and that these are not drawbacks of the hotel in general. I'd stay here again, but spring for a nicer room.

Room Tip: The single is very small, so beware if you're selecting this type of room. My guess is that the rooms at the front of the hotel have excellent views, but that they are noisy at night. But this is just a guess...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
We truly thank you for leaving a comment about your stay at Praktik Rambla. As you say, our single rooms are pretty small and they are all interior so they have no view. Only superior rooms face the street or our intern courtyard. Whenever it’s possible, we prefer to assign double standard rooms to people who reserved a single room for several nights because we understand that could be kind of uncomfortable. Anyway, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the drawbacks you experienced.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Saludos!

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We read the reviews for this hotel, and chose to stay here whilst in Barcelona based on them. We were not disappointed. The staff are friendly, helpful and charming. The rooms are cool, comfortable, and well appointed. The location is superb, just a very short walk from Placa de Catalunya. The eating places in the immediate surrounds are wonderful, beautiful hotel with lots of style. Our only problem, and it is minor, is that the Internet connectivity was difficult, and the connection kept dropping out. It wasn't computer related, as we didn't have this in other places. However, there is a computer provided in the lounge, so we used that for our urgent dealings, and enjoyed the cultural side of Spain instead of surfing!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Praktik Rambla.
We are sorry that the WiFi didn’t work properly, we actually had some problems with it, but now it works fine again.

Best regards from Barcelona!

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I landed in Barcelona late in the night and had booked the hotel online, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, was a lil worried as to how the Hotel was, the checkin was smooth.
Its a small boutique hotel located just 5 mins away from Cataluyna, for the price I believe it is amazing. Though i had a single room which was really small, though well done. Didnt have a view though !!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank abhishekbajaj

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comment about Praktik Rambla.
We are glad that you liked the Hotel for its location and features. Our single rooms are pretty small and none of them have a view, only Superior rooms have actually a view, overlooking Rambla Catalunya or our intern courtyard.

Greetings from Barcelona.