“Charm, beauty and outstanding service”

Hotel Praktik Rambla
Ranked #80 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband gasped when he entered the room! He was shocked by the size, beauty and brightness of the room. We stayed for 4 nights. We had a superior double for 3, as we travelled with our daughter who was studying abroad. There was plenty of room for the extra bed. Lots of closet and bathroom space. Self serve coffee always available. This old building was redone with an elevator in the center. It was remodeled quite well to retain the beauty and charm. The location is also wonderful. Close to the Ramblas, but on a much nicer street in the Eixample with numerous cafes and shops. Also close to many Gaudi buildings. Very accessible to the whole city either walking or by metro. Finally, the staff was wonderful and gladly helped us in numerous ways. Would not even look at another hotel, this was perfect.

Room Tip: Get a superior double. Its a large, airy and beautiful room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Savvyjay
praktikrambla, Director General at Hotel Praktik Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We really thank you for such a wonderful review. We are so happy to know that you liked our service and our location. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We arrived in Barcelona late in the evening and our room was waiting for us - groomed & ready. The entrance alone shows the rich history of the building which has kept its ambiance even though the rooms have all the modern conveniences. Our room faced the plaza and we had a lovely balcony with a couple of chairs overlooking the street.
The location of the hotel is very close to all the sites visitors may have on their travel list but just enough off the beaten track from all the hustle & bustle of the Rambla.
Excellent restos & tapas bars within walking distance and the hotel staff were extremely helpful - even so far as to book our tour of the Sagrada Familia so that we could avoid the long lines.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelbug43210

Dear Guest,

After reading such a wonderful review about us, what can we say besides that we are waiting to see you again at Praktik Rambla. Thank you!

Best Regards from Barcelona!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here with a friend for 5 nights and it couldn't have been more perfect! the location of the bedroom we were in had a spectacular view overlooking the terrace and were away from any noise that might come from people going up and down stairs or coming from the elevator. The room itself was clean and very spacious. If/when I travel to Barcelona in the future, I will most definitely plan to stay at the Hotel Praktik Rambla. The service from the front desk, as well as wifi signal were also awesome. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
praktikrambla, Director General at Hotel Praktik Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for all your comments about your stay and our service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we participate in making it unforgettable.

You will be very welcome on your next trip to Barcelona

Best regards

Reviewed 10 November 2013

one of my worst hotel experiences. the place is beautiful but its very noisy. I hardly slept at all. And the staff really didn't seem to care. I heard people clomping around all day and night. I was supposed to stay 3 nights but only stayed 1.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank setgirlz

Dear Guest,

First I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences caused by some guests during the night of your stay. As soon as you told us about the noise, we went to upstairs to talk to other people who making noise.
Also the next morning we offered you to change room but you preferred to leave the Hotel.
Sorry again for the trouble this caused you and we hope to see you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for three nights. Location - very close to Placa de Catalunya - cannot be better to get around in Barcelona. The hotel itself is very nicely renovated, it feels historic and modern at the same time. Our room was on the first floor, next to library and solarium, and was sometimes a bit noisy. Room itself is ideal for a short stay. Wifi connection very good. Staff is SUPER friendly (!!) and helped us with some useful tips on breakfast and diner (no restaurant in the hotel). On checkout day (12:00) they offered to store our luggage for the entire afternoon. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven V
praktikrambla, Director General at Hotel Praktik Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write such a nice review about Hotel Praktik Rambla. We hope to see you soon again .

Regards from Barcelona,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had a hard time finding a place to stay in Barcelona, I stumbled upon this little gem and was so pleasantly surprised that it was as nice as the photos/description made it sound. I'd stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your review about Praktik Rambla. We are happy to know that you had a good experience and we hope to see you soon again!

Regards from Barcelona

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked this room based on the great reviews from TripAdvisor and was looking forward to staying in the city center of Barcelona during my trip. The location is superb and was the best part of this hotel during my stay. My wife and I originally planned to stay here with my friend from the States and booked a "Superior double with 2 separate beds". Upon checkout, however, I found out that a "double bed" is not a full size but just a twin size. Furthermore, the beds were not separate and were pushed together when I entered the room. The bathroom was spacious but the shower was in one open space with the sink and toilet. This meant whenever you showered, the water went everywhere and the whole floor got wet.

My friend had brought along her classmate last minute and needed a place to stay. The hotel policy is to not allow more than 3 people in a room without incurring a penalty. This struck me as unusual considering the room was very spacious including my two twin size beds pushed together plus two couches. I willingly paid the half days rate penalty but wished I knew of this 3 person max policy before I booked otherwise I would have found another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends