This is a trendy, modern Hotel in one of the best locations in Barcelona. I chose this purely basis the reviews on Tripadvisor and for the most part, they are pretty correct with a few small exceptions.
The location in Barri Gothic cant be better. 1 minute from the Cathedral, 5 mins from La Ramblas, 5 mins from Catalunya and a 10 min walk from El Born (great restaurants) means you cant get a better location. This is a pedestrian only area with only Taxis being allowed to ply here. The atmosphere cant be beat....
The Hotel is very modern and has new rooms with very modern decor. Very large, clean Bathrooms with strong showers. We were staying with our kids and booked 2 Superior rooms. One of these was very large with a separate sitting area and the other was a much smaller room. I trust it was a superior one. On the first day and night, we encountered AC issues with our kids room. I brought it to the notice of the reception that their AC was not cooling. This was at about 5 pm. Clearly, nobody bothered. When we got back at 11 pm, the room was boiling and their room got changed where the same issue carried on. Our kids slept with virtually no AC on the first night . The next morning is when things got better after i blew my fuse. I told them I was a senior Tripadvisor contributor (power to all Tripadvisor contributors) and would ensure that I posted what I had experienced. The kids room got changed and things were fine post that).
On the plus side - apart from the location, modern rooms, ambience, the staff were generally nice too, Free Wifi.
The misses - the Ac experience, the fact that we were supposed to get newspapers daily (we got them in one room on 2 days out of 4), there were supposed to be free cookies (dont want to make this a point but am mentioning as it is part of their package) but none provided on any of the days, the fact that there was no one to help with the luggae at 12 pm at night on day 1 are not things you expect to see in a Hotel ranked No. 19 in Barcelona.
This is a good Hotel, not a great one. I had a good stay, not a great one. Next time - a different Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- enovated modernist building, Catalonia Catedral Hotel is located in the heart of the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona.The hotel is by the Cathedral, Plaça Sant Jaume and the unavoidable Portal de l’Àngel. After a day of shopping, cultural visits or just walk down city enjoys a drink in the lobby bar or the international cuisine in the warm Restaurant or just rest of the bustle of the downtown without leaving it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your Catalonia Catedral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Catedral Hotel Barcelona
- Catalonia Catedral Barcelona