“Mooooo! Lots of steak and a great atmosphere”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #99 of 9,924 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$29 - US$43
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I ate here with my husband and 2 kids (10 and 13 yrs) because many other restaurants were closed on Easter Monday and because it was very close to our accomodation. The food was delicious and the hostess was delightful. All the staff were very friendly and spoke easily to us in very good English. We each had a main meal of steak and shared 2 salads. We shared 3 deserts between us and each had a drink - total 110 euros which was very reasonable given the quality of the food and that we all had fun during the meal. The restauant was full and people at each table were talking animatedly. The hostess interacted with each table as they progressed through their meal which added to the positive atmosphere in the room. I would also say the restaurant is family friendly - my son especially was given much attention and there was a toddler at another table who was treated very well also. Thumbs up all round - worth travelling from the centre of town to eat here.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just forget about the menu and ask for the house special which is a huge platter of assort cuts (Sirlon, Filet, T-Bone, etc.) grilled on a hot plate. Ordered the potatoes on the side. This meal is for two but us grown men could not finish, it will satisfy 3 adults or 4, depending on your appetite. Isabel (?) told us that people are starting to make reservation because of "TripAdvisor". She had no clue what that was but she was just glad that visitors where finding her restaurant. About a 10 minute walk from the subway but it is worth the walk. It is a great little find with a friendly staff and VERY affordable for what you get. Don't forget to order the fried banana with chocolate drizzle!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We enjoyed our meal here of empanadas and steak, thought he wine was not as silky as I remember the Malbecs in Buenos Aires to be. The service was rather odd, we had tree people trying to help us at one point, I think our main waiter was new and didn't know as much English as other members of staff even though we had established that we could and wanted to speak Spanish. The set menu was reduced to 68 euros (from 80) not sure why and included cuts of meat what weren't on the a la carte menu - usually this is the other way round so it made me a little suspicious. But anyway, my bife de chorizo was excellent. Would I recommend this place? Possibly.

1  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I can't say enough about this great find. The food and service were excellent! Very home style type of restaurant with great value for what you pay. My steak was great and my wife enjoyed her salmon. This wonderful couple really went the extra mile as well in bringing out an extra serving of rump roast, free of charge, just for me to try!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

When I asked for a recommendation at the hotel desk, I was directed down the street to Alfonsina. Had a lovely dinner there -- empanada, tri-tip steak, and after-dinner coffee & liquor -- and enjoyed chatting with the owners (I assume?). Wound up going a second time and having an even better dinner and enjoying the atmosphere more.

1  Thank jmcbalt