“Meat feast!!”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #64 of 9,540 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$29 - US$43
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Leicester UK
“Meat feast!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Visited this restaurant after seeing the TA reviews and had a fantastic time. Isobelle the owner was an excellent hostess and explained the menu perfectly - pointing my wife and me in the direction of the house speciality, a platter of 4 different cuts of steak, each more delicious than the previous. The restaurant has a lovely friendly feel, promoted by the staff, and we felt at home from the moment we arrived. Our group also comprised my mother and 2 daughters (the toddler mentioned in the review by Melbourne to Madrid!!) and we all found the food to be amazing. I can't reccomend this place highly enough; if you're looking for somewhere relaxed, atmospheric, with wonderful steak at very reasonable prices (and who isn't?) then head to Alfonsina's - you won't be disappointed.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle
“Meat heaven”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This needs to be good situated 15 minutes walk from Passeig de Gracia west along Carrer de la Diputachio. Unassuming from the outside the Restaurant is warm welcoming and friendly with the hostess and her staff running the service with military precision. The decor and furniture are basic and this either adds to the charm or may disappoint depending on your view. We had booked online a table for 5 for 8pm which is just as well as the Restaurant was full by 9pm (the power of TA). We had dropped by earlier in the day and noticed that the opening times were 8.30pm on a sign we decided to head there at 8.30. On the way we received a call asking if we were still going, they obviously open at 8.
Our table was ready on arrival and we sat down with the menu and the details of the Special (platter of fillet, ribeye, sirloin and one other). 80 Euros for the meat platter and a bottle of wine (choice of 3) other steaks around 15-20 Euros.
This is a meat only Restaurant, if you want fish, poultry or vegetables look elsewhere, truly Argentinian. Having read some reviews we were worried that the quantity would be too great but don't be put off two hearty appetites can manage the platter, or three more modest ones. Three men were left slightly hungry and we would have been better ordering an extra steak. My daughter had a half a chorizo (which is a 250g Sirloin) and my wife half a Sirloin (which is a fillet anywhere else). Both were the right size but the lack of accompanying vegetables left them also feeling hungry (perhaps we should have had a starter but the views on portion sizes had made us wary of over-ordering)
The medium rare steaks were cooked to perfection, the half sirloin slightly underdone as it was meant to be medium and was very bloody in the very centre.
All were melt in the mouth, with great flavour. I have eaten steaks in many places and would agree with others that these are the best I have eaten in a Restaurant anywhere. My daughter described them as "heaven".
If I have a complaint the advice on portion sizes for men was a little mean, and we asked for some fries to accompany the meat which was ignored in favour of the standard potato accompaniment which while delicious were not everyones ideal. The desserts were homemade and perhaps because this was Easter weekend limited in choice. Something lighter like a fruit based alternative would have been welcome but the creme caramel and pancakes with dolce de leche were authentic and well made.
In summary if you want Steak you can't go wrong, they are to die for, the service good and great value for money. Its not the most salubrious establishment but it is homely and definitely worth a visit

Melbourne, Australia
“Mooooo! Lots of steak and a great atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I ate here with my husband and 2 kids (10 and 13 yrs) because many other restaurants were closed on Easter Monday and because it was very close to our accomodation. The food was delicious and the hostess was delightful. All the staff were very friendly and spoke easily to us in very good English. We each had a main meal of steak and shared 2 salads. We shared 3 deserts between us and each had a drink - total 110 euros which was very reasonable given the quality of the food and that we all had fun during the meal. The restauant was full and people at each table were talking animatedly. The hostess interacted with each table as they progressed through their meal which added to the positive atmosphere in the room. I would also say the restaurant is family friendly - my son especially was given much attention and there was a toddler at another table who was treated very well also. Thumbs up all round - worth travelling from the centre of town to eat here.

London, United Kingdom
“Tell Them TripAdvisor sent you. Argentine steak done to perfection. Vegans stay away.”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just forget about the menu and ask for the house special which is a huge platter of assort cuts (Sirlon, Filet, T-Bone, etc.) grilled on a hot plate. Ordered the potatoes on the side. This meal is for two but us grown men could not finish, it will satisfy 3 adults or 4, depending on your appetite. Isabel (?) told us that people are starting to make reservation because of "TripAdvisor". She had no clue what that was but she was just glad that visitors where finding her restaurant. About a 10 minute walk from the subway but it is worth the walk. It is a great little find with a friendly staff and VERY affordable for what you get. Don't forget to order the fried banana with chocolate drizzle!!!

• Visited March 2012
London
“Muy bien!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We enjoyed our meal here of empanadas and steak, thought he wine was not as silky as I remember the Malbecs in Buenos Aires to be. The service was rather odd, we had tree people trying to help us at one point, I think our main waiter was new and didn't know as much English as other members of staff even though we had established that we could and wanted to speak Spanish. The set menu was reduced to 68 euros (from 80) not sure why and included cuts of meat what weren't on the a la carte menu - usually this is the other way round so it made me a little suspicious. But anyway, my bife de chorizo was excellent. Would I recommend this place? Possibly.

• Visited March 2012