“Best steak in Barcelona, if not anywhere..”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #62 of 9,540 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$29 - US$43
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Eixample
DK
“Best steak in Barcelona, if not anywhere..”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I can't count the number of steaks I've had over the years, but the steak I had last night at Alfonsina, was probably a top 3. Just epic. Empanadas and their provoleta, and rounded off with a tenderloin steak... Sweet mother of all things delicious. Epic!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Lansing, Michigan
“Loved every second”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Took my wife and 1 year old son out earlier this month. We had a great time! The staff/owner were great and were very welcoming.

I though our Filets were delicious and mine was cooked medium rare as I had requested. My wife did have to have her Filet put back on the grill but I was no big deal.

Additionally, the sangria was well made and I thought it was excellent.

Istanbul Province, Turkey
“Great Budget Dinner With Empanadas”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Nice decoration, cosy atmosphere, very friendly waiters (maybe the owner actually), tourist friendly (they do have a menu in English), cheap and tasty empanadas (home-made style and they were made reciently), the cook took his time to explain how the stamp system on them worked... We left very happy paying average 7 eus for dinner.

York, England
“Chaotic”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Just visited Parrilla Alfonsina after reading great reviews. We were so disappointed. It might have been that the restaurant went from empty to very full within 5 minutes (8:45pm), however out of the four steaks we ordered only mine was as I ordered. Our friends Blue steaks were overlooked, my wife's Medium to Well Done was undercooked. My wife's and my steaks arrived just as our friends were almost finishing theirs!
Whilst the staff were very friendly they seemed to not know what they were doing.
On the positive side my steak was very tender and excellent. The accompanying potatoes however were very dry.
Shame really as it had so much promise.

Visited October 2013
Elviria
“Restaurante Parilla Alfonso”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Excellent steak and what for a portion, i really expected the standard 200 gramme but it would be fair to assume that the steak i received was at least 350 gramme, so from a price perspective real value, the steak itself was top notch like you can only get from Argentina, the accompanying Caipirinha went down a treat, atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff added the fun factor, the next time i´m in Barcelona the Parilla Alfonso will be my first port of call!