“Young and stylist stay - I love this hotel!”
Review of Sixtytwo Hotel

Sixtytwo Hotel
Ranked #15 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
“Young and stylist stay - I love this hotel!”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were four so we splited into two rooms for two styles at this hotel. One room is at floor one - small bathroom but with a very nice terrace that opens you to see your neighborhood, really nice and just great space. The other room is on floor six, bigger and better as for the size and facilities - LCD TV and a separate shower cell. But no terrace, just a huge beautiful view from tall wide glass window overlooking tops of buildings nearby. I got to stay at the room on the sixth floor and found it really nice. The breakfast was quite good but I love watching people so I ended up eating at a café nearby most of the time. What stood out from this hotel and their staff and the decoration of the hotel. People there are really nice. Young and super friendly. (Note: I changed from Hotel Pulitzer to this hotel because Pulitzer did not give us anything we said in the reservation and worse, the staff at Pulitzer were not very nice. We found it weird and disappointing since any other Catalan people are super nice. ) And ok back to this hotel, another thing i like is its design. It's contemporary and chic. I especially love the elevator and the stairs that kinda embrace the elevator from ground floor to floor six. It's a beauty. One thing is that you must beware of that one step down whenever you walk into the hotel. I didn't have any accident but every of my friend missed it so just be careful.

2 Thank PitPanich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here for three nights in a executive room. It was on the front of the building overlooking a tree lined road but we didn't experience any road noise. The room is very modern and the bathroom particularly and well equipped.

We didn't have breakfast here - our rate didn't include it. At 15 euros pp daily we thought this was a bit expensive - although the menu was extensive and we went out to a local restaurant where we paid 6 euros for continental breakfast.

The location is excellent - one of the nicest streets in Barcelona, very convenient for metro and tourist buses.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xxGlitterxx
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very modern hotel, clean rooms, and in a great area, on the street where all the designer shops are located

2 Thank ZIS13
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This was my first trip to Barcelona, I chose Hotel Sixty Two after weeks of online research and decided to go for it because of its Trip Advisor reviews and great location. We did mention to the hotel it was a special occasion for my wife and I, and once we entered in the room we found a big heart with a note written with lipstick on the bathroom mirror. In addition to sweets and a gift on the bed. They had us at "Hello" as it goes in the movie.

Even though its a boutique hotel with just two (sometimes one) staff attending the front desk, they were very informative and took the time to explain to us about Barcelona. They gave us loads of maps, brochures, and coupons to help us get around which was a great touch.

I went for the higher category room because I read that the basic rooms are really small and have no proper view. I am very happy I went with that choice because we got an amazing view of the Passeig De Gracia with a small balcony! The glass is sound proof so you dont hear any noise.

Location is perfect, you have all the main shops, bars, and restaurants on the street. The underground is just 5 minutes way and the hop-on hop-off station is across the road. This street never sleeps so you always feel safe and alive!

Breakfast was ok, few selections of cold cuts, cheese, juice, cereal. They provide you with a hot dish menu to choose from with varieties of pancakes, eggs with all kinds, and porridge.

I loved this hotel and it will be my same stop next time I am in Barcelona !

Room Tip: Don;t go for the standard rooms, pay a bit more and get the next category to get a larger room, high...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NileGuy77
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The central location is perfect. I had one of the rooms on the first floor, with a Balcony. Spacious room with modern funky design, which can sometime be a bit geeky (the light switch is a good example). On the downside, the Wi-Fi was not working. Not great as I was on business. Apart from that I definitely recommend this place

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
LA, CA
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This is a well located hotel if you want to be in the middle of the shopping district. The rooms were small and relatively clean---bare bones really. If you don't want to hang out in the hotel and just need a place to sleep and park your bags, this will do. It will not, in any way "wow!" you and to be honest I wanted to be wowed!

We found the staff to be quite unhelpful---the extent of their knowledge of where to go in Barcelona was to hand us a map. They weren't mean per se, they just didn't go the extra mile at all. For the price that we paid for the room we felt that service should have been outstanding. It wasn't.

Should we find ourselves back in Barcelona, we will definitely be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buddyjohn
BarcelonaHoteles, Manager at Sixtytwo Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your Sixtytwo stay with other Tripadvisor followers. We are really sorry to read we were not able to give you the expected experience. All the front desk staff has taken your comment very seriously and believe we will try harder day after day.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us before choosing another hotel and we will be pleased to offer you a very special deal. Our goal: you to be wowed! :-)
Keep travelling positive,
Best regards,
Àlex Tétard
Hotel Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We went to Barcelona for a short break (my third time in six months but the very first time with Hotel SixtyTwo).

As I was traveling with my female friend, upon I requested for a twin instead of a king size bed. Staff were very helpful and quickly reallocated a twin room for us. "and quiet room please" this request cannot be fulfilled as the only twin room they have is opposite the lift. "we never have any complaint about noise" the guy who looks like the manager said, "I would take it if I were you."

Sadly when I came back from a few drinks (midnight) and was ready for bed. I can hear evey single noise outside including pissed young people shouting and screaming. The morning next day was even worse, there was a some sort of race and there was a guy shouting through speaker and playing stupid music very loud... Until 30 mins before we had to check out.

Apart from the noise, everything is fine (to my five star standard). The lady in the evening shift was a bit miserable.

Would I come back? I doubt it...

1 Thank Mate4net
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor! I remember being at the front desk your arrival day and to be the one who said "you do not have to be worried about the lift noise because the room is not closed to it". We are sorry to read that the noise that finally disturbed you was the street one. It is true that even if our rooms have double classed windows, being right in the city center can be a bit noisy in our rooms facing Paseo de Gracia. If you are not used to city main avenues noises, better request a room facing our large, very quiet and bright traditional Eixample courtyard.
Keep travelling positive,