We stayed at this residence for one night in early June , as we left we said it was a pity we were not there for longer. The rooms are basic twin rooms , we had superior ones and the beds were comfortable , cleanliness including shower room was excellent. The beauty of this place is the grounds it is set in , it has gardens with statues and fountains and ponds , as one walked around it felt like being in a retreat. There are not many facilities here , there was a coffee and snack machine in the modern block we slept in and we breakfasted in the dining room in the older building , good continental breakfast in a nice large dining room (they also appear to do evening meals) . It is easly to get to on metro line 3(green) to Montbau station - we came by train from the airport changing at Passeig de Gracia (easy) and did the journey for 1.03 euros using a T10 ticket(well worth buying at Euros 10.30 for 10 journeys of 1 hour 15 mins on all public transport forms in the city , more than one person can use the same ticket - just go through the barrier and pass it back - this is legal !!) The Residencia is a 7 or 8 minute walk downhill to the "matches" sculpture and turn right - obviously harder uphill going back ! The surrounding area felt safe and was quite peaceful , there are not a great many places to eat here , we had a drink outside on the pavement at a tapas bar and We ate at a bar/restaurant called El Parque and this was Spanish food (tapas are good portions) at reasonable prices and the owner was very helpful , the other restaurant near the station was Chinese , we did not try this . All three are between the metro station and the residence, El Parque is off to the left around a corner between the Chinese and the fish restaurant. If you are looking for reasonably priced accommodation in Barcelona in a nice setting , do try this , (it is also good for the Park Guell which is on about 4 stops back towards the city - station Vallcarca is best as it has escalators to go up the hills to the park)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guesthouse of the Salesian seminari Martí-Codolar The hostelry of the Salesian seminary Martí-Codolar is a place of shelter for people or groups who wish to spend a few days of rest in an idyllic garden environment, a few minutes from Barcelona town center. Our means and resources are limited and we cannot provide the services of a commercial hotel, but we do offer all the amenities in a friendly and familiar atmosphere. To make it possible, we ask all our visitors to follow a set of simple rules: Reception Our reception staff is 24 hours available. Dinning-room service The dining room works as self-service, but the tables are assigned on a group basis. After each meal and before leaving the dining room you are obliged to collect your dishes from the table and leave them in the indicated containers. Breakfast is served from 08:00 to 09:30 am, lunch from 01:30 to 03:00 pm and dinner from 08:00 to 09:30 pm. In all cases the dining room will close thirty minutes after the set time. For hygiene and cleanliness reasons, it is not permitted take food or drink away from the dining room. If for health reasons you need a menu with special needs, it will be necessary to let us know at the moment you book your stay. You also must do so in case you wish to request a picnic. In case your arrival is out of the aforementioned timetables we can also offer you a picnic, which you can pleasantly enjoy in our gardens as well. Large groups - more than 10 people - must request their intention to book meals or the cancellation of these with a minimum notice of 24 hours. Not being done this way, in the first case we could not guarantee the service, and in the second guests should equally pay. Smaller groups will be able to report back on their intentions until 10:00 pm of the same day, which will be also valid for the regulations of meals for larger groups. Bedrooms Bedrooms do not have TV and it is not allowed to smoke or cook inside them. Check-out is before 11:00 am, with the delivery of keys at reception. The bed linen is changed every three days and the towels every two days of stay. Common spaces We request the most attention and care with the animals and plants in our gardens. Furniture Furniture should not be moved from its place, unless having our explicit authorization, and this also includes the garden. Parking Our parking is very limited in its dimensions, so please reduce the number of vehicles to park in order to not saturate it and park always respecting the limited areas. Buses must be announced at the time of booking and will be assigned a specific space. Given these circumstances, the hostelry cannot guarantee parking spots for all its guests at all times. Others Always take the precaution to close the doors of your bedroom because the guesthouse Martí-Codolar is not responsible for the possible misplace of belongings, which also includes the ones left in reception. In order to ensure the rest for all our guests, please be silent between 11:00 pm and 08:00 am. The internet access is free and the key will be advised at the front desk upon arrival. It is not permitted the use of bathing suits or the lack of pieces of clothing in the public spaces of the house, neither the exhibits that could dismiss morality or the appeal of the rest of the guests. The Salesian Seminary Martí-Codolar reserves the right to refuse admission in case of non-compliance with these rules. Have a nice stay and hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar Hotel Barcelona
- Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar Barcelona, Catalonia