Ayre Hotel Rosellon
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
US$346
US$370
US$354
Hotels.com
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Barri Gotic(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$394
US$355
US$511
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$223
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ciutat de Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$266
HotelsClick
1,457 results
All reviewssagrada familiarooftop terracemetro stationmodern hotelstreet sidebreakfast buffetroom facingfront desk staffvery pleasant staytapasloved this hotelexcellent hotelbooked this hotelhotel staffvisiting barcelonamini barstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a triple room with a direct view of La Sagrada Familia. It was wonderful! Better than we could have hoped for. The location is very nice as it is just a couple blocks to the cathedral and the metro stop is just a block away. The cleaning staff did a great job in our room and all the people working at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We arrived at 3am and the staff was very nice and quick with the check-in process. They also informed us of how to acquire tickets to La Sagrada Familia and helped us look up available tours for the following day. The only downside to our stay here is that the wifi is not great. We could only connect about once a day and that was only after much frustration trying to connect. However, we did find that everywhere we traveled in Spain had the same wifi connection issues. Also the views from the rooftop terrace are incredible!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.We're really glad you loved the splendid views from your room! We appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness and attention of our staff as it encourages us to keep on working everyday to give a unique experience to our guests.

We apologize for the WIFI issue you went through. At the moment this is being taken care of and we expect to have it solved soon.

Thank you again for your recent stay and we hope to welcome you soon again .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel during our stay in Barcelona. The hotel has very contemporary decor, rooms were good sized and the beds comfortable. The hotel desk staff was very helpful in providing a map, recommendations & assisting us with tickets to local attractions.

There is also a bar & restaurant. We didn't eat at the restaurant but the Sangria we had at the bar was delicious!

Our only complaint is the street noise. Our room overlooked a park and at 1:00 in the morning, there were people in the park with a dog who kept barking. No fault of the hotels, but it was very noisy. The room my sister had faced the front street and she too had a lot of street noise.

Also, on our last morning at the hotel there was no hot water. When we checked out, I asked about it at the front desk. I was told the hotel knew there was a problem & it was being worked on. The staff said they didn't realize it was impacting guests rooms. No offer was made to compensate us for the lack of hot water.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't facing the front street or overlooking the park.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing these kind lines about us.
It's nice to read you liked the hotel and our home-made Sangria!

We apologize about the incidence you went through about the hot water. This was a one-time-only issue and we were able to solve it in a few hours. However we understand there were a few guests affected during the time the technical issue was being taken care of.

We would like to make it up on your next stay with us so we would be really glad to be your hosts soon again!

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this hotel before knowing exactly how many of my girlfriends wanted to come along. I booked one room but was afraid that perhaps all of us won't fit in the room. I called the hotel and they suggested that it is better if I come there and upgrade based on the rooms they have. I agreed. My 3 friends and I left Ibiza (very tired) and arrived at the hotel at 12 am. The receptionist Carlos told us that according to Spain law only 3 people can stay in the room. I told him I would pay and book another room, he told me his fully booked for the night and that I would need to get one of us to go to another hotel. I told him I would. My friend and I left at 12:15 am and went out to look for another hotel. We got lost and couldn't find a hotel. We decided to waste time and come back early morning. We arrived back at the hotel at 5 am after sitting on the beach for hours. Carlos attempted to kick us out again at 5 am. We didn't know our way and was terrified on the streets of Barcelona. Shame on this man who threw 2 girls on the street. I will never stay here again !!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Shirin604
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Shirin604,

I am sorry to read your review and that you could not stay in our hotel together with your friends.
Our hotel does not have rooms big enough to host more than 3 guests, and even those need to be booked in advance since they are fewer than the rest.

There must have a confusion since we do not recommend to wait to book anything directly at the check-in as our occupation is always high -specially at this season- and we have very low availabilty as the arrival date approaches, so it is always better to secure your booking in advance.
I apologize on behalf of my staff if this information was not clear enough and if that led you to show up to our hotel and a day with no more vacancy left.

The Front Desk staff is always eager to help in any way they can so I am sure the intention of our receptionists was not to leave you in the street as you state. Our rooms are not freed by our guests until noon of the next day so it is very unlikely to have a room ready as early as 5am.

I apologize again for all the situation. If you need to contact us directly, please do not hesitate to contact us at socialmedia.rosellon@ayrehoteles.com.

Our Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

So nice hotel. Close to everything. Very central. Close to the train station. Fantastic view and brake fast buffet!! We enjoyed it so much. Very helpful and nice stuff!
I will definitively come back.
I can't say anything negative with this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Paula D
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Modern, comfortable hotel, with lifts. Great Staff. This hotel is literally minutes from the famous and truly amaze Sagrada La Familia, some rooms have window views of this building for an extra $25 euro a night, however just go put to the rooftop, sit and have a drink and take in this magnificent view, or simply walk around the corner. Beds I found a little hard, however my friend said she did not mind the hard bed and the pillows were not the most comfortable, however the bathroom and room is a good size with plenty of cupboard space and wi fi is excellent. There is an outside park like area to sit which is very pleasant - in fact this hotel is very comfortable. Oh, don't eat any where near the La Familiar the food is terrible everywhere, believe me we walked and walked and decided we would starve, until we were told that if you go out of the hotel and turn directly left, go down approx 2-3 blocks and there is a all you can eat Japanese restaurant on the corner ( wonderful fresh food) and then if you go into La Rambla, don't eat on the main streets, take any of the smaller inner streets to find exquisite food!

Room Tip: you can open the windows, but only at night, as the noise on the road side is very noisy,however windows are double glazed so when closed they block the noise out very well, there is airconditiong with works well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends