“Definetely the best ice-cream in Barcelona & all of its citizens know it!”
Review of Bellamia Gelateria Italiana - CLOSED

Bellamia Gelateria Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

We live in El Borne and have tried lots of ice-cream places nearby. This is the only Gelateria we buy ice-cream now. Try their Straciattella or lemon sorbet, their crepes are amazing as well.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Found the place just by wonderring around, took 4 different flavors - for each one of the family - and all of them were very good.
Nothing else to say, just keep doing the great job!

Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Coming in Barcelona I found in the Born area that treasure.
I tried many ice cream in Barcelona and at the end I think that this is the best that I ever eat in here.
An advice, try Chocolate Extra Dark and Pistacchio.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We are Italian, we recently moved to Barcelona, and we were looking for our first local ice-cream. After a bit of search on the web this is one of the places that came with excellent reviews, and we were not disappointed.

The gelato is excellent, as good as the best you can find in Italy. Hazelnut, pistachio, mascarpone and figs, torroncino al Rhum, super-dark chocolate, all wonderful. Perhaps a bit too sweet for my taste, but that's just me, most people will find it perfect. It's one of the those old-fashioned ice cream places where you do not 'see' the ice-cream before you buy it, because they keep it stored in those closed metal containers with a metal lid on top. So, don't expect to see huge blobs of (artificially) colorful ice-cream in here, but keep in mind that this is often a good signal for quality. These are guys that prefer substance to appearances. My pistachio was barely green (no added color!), but it tasted like pistachio, not like some artificial powder.

The place is managed by two young Italians, and they say that the ice cream is made with all natural ingredients. We have no trouble believing them! The one negative review on TripAdvisor maybe came from someone connected to a new ice cream place that open recently nearby...

Another advantage of the place, the location is very central, 20 meters from S Maria del Mar, and <10 minutes walking distance from Barceloneta. On the other hand, the location is a bit hidden, in a narrow street, so you may want to check it out on Google map before looking for it.

Prices are very fair, the 4-euro cone we got, with 3 flavors, was huge, and I had trouble finishing it off (my wife would disagree with this last statement! :D ).

Anyway, now we like this wonderful city even better now that we know about this place. And to the owners, thank you guys, you will see us again!

Reviewed 27 September 2011

The best in Spain (Madria/Barcelonia). It took me back to my Rome trip....