“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish and Chips - CLOSED

Fish and Chips
Cuisines: British, Seafood, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: El Raval
United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Found this little place and it's absolutely great! Had the full English one time, cooked by a friendly English guy, and next time had the homemade steak and kidney pie which was fantastic. The lady who cooked it who I assume is one if the owners was nice and the place has a really nice English caff feel to it, people dropping in and out and chatting.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank cymro7

Melbourne, Australia
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Had wonderful fish and chips in this tiny cafe, also had live music which we all sang along to.....what a wonderful evening with the 2 gorgeous Julies..........brilliant place girls, great food.......will be back to see you on my next trip to Barcelona......

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank peet_ps
Newport, United Kingdom
“Lovely full english breckie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I really can't understand the bad reviews of this place. I saw them before we visited, but my girlfriend and I were craving a full english, and it was literally across the road from the Baracelo Raval hotel where we were staying so we ignored the bad reviews, and decided to give it a go.

We're so glad we did, as it was a fantastic breakfast! An English lady (I presume the owner) served us, and we had proper bacon, sausage, egg, toast, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, and coffee for about 7 euros each. And it was delicious - better than many breakfasts I've had in the UK. I can't believe the bad reviews - I'm very fussy, and trust me if it had been below par I'd have given it a harsh review (read my other reviews if you don't believe me). But this was soooo tasty, and the bacon and sausages were clearly imported from the UK.

So if you want the full monty - give this place a go. Just look for the cute "Fat Cat" statue on Ramblas Raval... You won't be dissapointed.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Colz
London, United Kingdom
“Worst chips I've EVER had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Went there with my mum and 4 of her friends (all British) who had said good things about it and were all repeat customers. We all ordered the same, small fish and chips with mushy peas. The fish was fine and the mushy peas were good, but the chips were inedible! They were oily and hard, really disgusting, most of us left ours. We should have said something right away, but the waiter was across the road in the restaurant while we were on the terrace and no one checked if everything was ok. At the end of the meal, we told the waiter about the chips and the very honest young man said the chef had cooked too many the night before so he had just heated them up and served them to us! We were speechless! A 5 kg bag of potatoes is 1.19€ here! Absolutely appalling! I will never go back (even though they did give us a .60 cent discount each) and I doubt any of the ladies I was with today who were faithful customers will do so either as in Barcelona you are spoilt for choice. A real shame as I believe when this place opened it was a real success. Yuk!

1 Thank HRS78
Barcelona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“UK Fish and Chips in Barcelona?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

UK Fish and Chips. Not bad. It's only slightly exoctic since it's hard to find UK styled fish and chips in Barcelona. They also have meat pies. The place is kind of a dump though. They could make it nicer inside. Durring warm weather they have a terrace outside. Near the Cat by Botero

Visited April 2011