“Fantastic value for money, lovely staff!”

Hotel Paseo De Gracia
Ranked #65 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
“Fantastic value for money, lovely staff!”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We had a basic but lovely room on the 8th floor with a massive balcony, great for sunbathing and relaxing. We were on a budget and the room was cheaper than the hostel up the road for 2 people and the staff were always so happy to help us! Would stay again and recommend to anybody!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Kateh414

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston , MA
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was walked to this hotel when I wanted to extend my stay at their sister property in the same building, Hotel Actual.

The Passeo de Gracia is in a great neighborhood, Xiemple, which is full of high-end shops and great restaurants. It's also at the entrance to Diagonal Subway Station, and at one of the double-decker tour bus stops. It's within a ten minute walk to many of the sites of Barcelona, otherwise it's a quick, safe subway ride from your doorstep.

I stayed in a room on the top floor which came with a nice, large, tiled terrace. The hotel is on the nicest street in Barcelona, with great views of Gaudi architecture and the city, looking all the way to the water about two miles away.

The bed had the European style of placing two twin beds togther and creating one large bed. That works fine as long as you don't mind where the two matresses come together.

The hotel is basic, clean, safe, and very affordable. Some of the units have bathrooms in the room, but the type I was in came with a private bathroom, which was for my use only. The bathroom was clean, contemporary, and only about ten feet from my room.

Try to get a balcony or terrace if you like to see street life. The back side directly overlooks Gaudi's works just two building away. I don't believe they have breakfast, but there is a computer with complimentary internet. No fitness center or pool.

If you're looking for room service and a chocolate on your pillow at night then go elsewhere. But if you want a clean, no-frills, very affordable hotel with a great location, then you'll find it here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank bagjob
Crownsville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Let me start by saying I would stay there again! After 30 hours of layover and late flights we took a cab from the airport which cost 32Euros + tip. As said before the location cannot be beat. Wedged between the doors of Y'ves St Laurent and Nespresso, you walk into a hallway to take a tiny elevator to the 2nd floor. They do not require a deposit, so I was afraid that we would not have a room. I contacted them several times especially the day of arrival because of our delay and they assured me that my reservation would be held and it was. I had requested a balcony because of prior reviews and our room was 809. The place is immaculate, The room was tiny by European standards. It had two twin beds, a very tiny table between them. An old sunken chair. The beds and the chair are very low to the floor. Another table that held a TV and a closet. Big heavy curtains were halfway open to what became a huge roof terrace. This is what you stay at this hotel for. We were tired. I wanted some ice, no ice in building, No ice in Spain! Oh well! Checking out the bathroom, there was no shampoo and I did not bring any. No hairdryer but they borrowed one from someone who had it for hundreds of years. There were small packets of a shower gel,and a tiny bar of soap. Bring your own toiletries and a blow dryer. Also bring converters. To use theirs, you have to give them a 5E deposit. The towels are small and only one per person. In the bathroom is a toilet, a bidet, a sink and a bathtub where the bottom is pealing. There are no wall fixtures, so you have to put the hand held shower apparatus down, soap up and then shower off. There was no coffee maker, so I called down and they have a coffee vending machine in the lobby. Hell NO!!! Miracle of miracle, there is a Starbucks across the street. I whined for awhile about having to get up and dress and go across the street for coffee but got a grip, I am in Barcelona. How bad can it be. Now I am a stickler for beds. The linens were fine but the twin mattresses were so old, they literally folded oven when you sat on them. You could feel the springs, so I took one of the blankets out of the closet and put it under the bed sheet and it padded the bed long enough for two nights stay. I slept like a baby both nights so it obviously worked. If I was staying a week or so, I would have gone and bought a new mattress for the bed and still saved money. All of this was worth it for the roof terrace. Be careful, the step is high and I fell out the door. I still have a gash in my leg, a souvenier of Spain. But the terrace makes it all worth while. You can see all over Barcelona. You go to Barcelona for the architecture and the roof terrace gives you a birds eye view of some amazing things. You can watch the sun set behind the cathedrail on the mount from the terrace. I cannot say enough about this factor. The floors for the roof terrace is 8 and maybe 9. We stayed at a beautiful hotel four blocks down after leaving the Paseo De Gracia. That hotel was posh, had shampoo, hair dryer, great beds, but the window looked over the garbage cans and people's laundry flying in their back yards. This hotel was 85E a night. The one 4 blocks away that had everything was 384E a night. You do the math. By the way, getting up early and walking across the street to Starbucks are a wonderful experience. I felt like one of the locals and everybody was wonderful. Do not pass this hotel up. Just know ahead of time what you are getting. Barcelona is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. This hotel is a bargain. You are rarely in the room and when you are, go sit on the roof terrace and enjoy!

Room Tip: Roof terrace floors 8 and 9.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pweath
Ayrshire, Scotland
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We spent a week here for our silver wedding anniversary and we cannot fault the place for the price we paid.

Reception: All the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful when we asked for their advice. The reception area (on the second floor) is very modern and bright with internet access and vending machines for hot and cold drinks and snacks.

Rooms:Our room on the 6th floor was large, there was plenty of storage space for our clothes and suitcases and the bathroom was also very spacious with a nice deep bath. Our booking was for either a twin or double room and unfortunately we were given a twin room on arrival but the beds were really comfortable, with plenty extra bedding and pillows in one of the cupboards. Each morning the room was cleaned to a very high standard.

I have stayed in Barcelona twice and although this was the cheaper of the two hotels it is by far the better and I would highly recommend a stay here

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carfin61
Mexico
Reviewed 16 December 2010

I've been there twice, and its a very good example of you get what you pay for. It's NOT a boutique hotel in any way... You can't ask for a boutique hotel right in Paseo de Gracia when your only paying 60 euros pero night.
The location is unbeatable, I've been in Barcelona for 8 times in different hotels, though all of them in Paseo de Gracia (City's main avenue). I've stayed in the Majestic, in this one, in the Condes de Barcelona (which for me is the best out there, taking in consideration all factors) and lastly on the Mandarin Oriental.
This is by far the cheapest, so, if you are travellin in a budget and want to save money and still be where all the action happens, this is the only way to go.
Rooms are very simple, practically just the bed (Tv doesn't work) and the bathroom is even more basic, shower, wc, and a plain sink. Though, believe me, everything isperfectly clean.
If you can book a room at the top floor, because rooms have enormour terraces that boast incredible views.
I still have to say that the building is pretty torn down, and elevator could be from the 50's...
But anyway, Barcelona has everything to offer, you can't spend time in the hotel even if you wanted to!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank sptl
NYC
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Was supposed to be my birthday trip. Sent mails prior to arrival stating our late arrival and that it was my BD. When we got there - we go walked to a different hotel. Not only for one day - but all 4 days. SUCKED !!!! No apologies from the hotel, no nothing. And did I mention that we also had prepaid our entire stay at the hotel.
Can definitely NOT recommend the hotel. Customer serivce nowhere near in sight. Thank you for nothing :(

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 517NYC
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 9 February 2010

A friend recommended this phenomenal hotel, and it did not disppoint. The hotel is within steps of the metro station and on one of the most beautiful streets in Barcelona. The hotel itself is quite small and intimate with modern / clean rooms. The staff were all very friendly and gave us tons of suggestions for restaurants and walking tours.

Our room was quite large (by European standards) and had a beautiful terrace with lounge chairs which was nice after a long day of sight-seeing. The beds are super comforatable and the bathrooms are extremely clean (which is a huge selling point for me).

We couldnt have asked for anything more. Central location (walking distance to EVERYTHING), great staff, awesome rooms AND we got to witness Barcelona winning the futbol championship! Doesn't get much better. We will definitely stay here again.

It should also be noted that while in Madrid we stayed in a Room Mate hotel and one has recently opened in Barcelona. This may be an option for those looking for modern luxury at a more affordable price.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple