“wow amazing hotel!!”
Review of Room Mate Emma

Room Mate Emma
Ranked #89 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Just back from a 3 night stay at Room Mate Emma, with my better half.

The hotel is well located with Diagonal metro station no more than a 5 minute walk away.

The check in staff could'nt have been more helpful we arrived on our 1st day a couple of hours before check in time so they suggested they look after our bags so we could go for a wander, which we duly did and sat in the sun for 30mins while they hurried our room along.

The room was modern and clean with a comfy bed, a huuuuuge shower, which was amazingly powerful, and a seperate toilet area. Other nice touches were a mini bar with a enough space to store your own bits too. Also amzaing wifi which was always available and fast too, unlike a lot of hotels I have stayed in recently.

The area is full of nice little bars and restaurants, along with quite a few coffee shops and because of this we never eat breakfast in the hotel.

I struggle to find anthing negative to say about the hotel, however I will try.

LIke a previous poster we had a strange flashing blue light on our wall, which was part of the music system, which flashed day and night however I overcame this with the use of a sticker.

Thats about it.

Next time we are in Barcelona room mate emma WILL be our first choice of accomodation

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear Customer,
On behalf of the entire team ROOM MATE EMMA, we want to say thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure for the whole team that our daily work is reflected in making our guests to enjoy a pleasant stay in ROOM MATE EMMA.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in again, emma.direccion@room-matehotels.com, if you want to return to Barcelona.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Hotel located few mins from main station, diagonal station (watch your bags & wallets, notorious for pick pokwts, we had no issues).shops, cafes & great places to eat nearby.

Check in was very easy, and staff very helpful with suggestions. Oscar at the front desk was very good, along with all staff (can't remember their individual names!). They gave us a list of "100 things to do in Barcelona" a list composed by the hotel. Fantastic. Went to two of the restaurants & they were great value & amazing meals/tapas.

Room was quite small but adequate. Bathroom door is opaque glass which is fine but might concern others. There was a random flashing blue light from an old radio in the wall that flashed all night which was annoying. Put a pillow over it & staff said they weren't sure why it was flashing.

Breakfast was adequate, lots of selections of juice & different types of milk too.

Nice touch leaving notes about what the weather was going to be like the next day, cute!

Overall, good location, good service & simple/clean room. Would recommend to travellers if want an easy hotel close to the metro, out of the chaos of Barcelona.

• Stayed: September 2011
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Customer:

On behalf of the entire team of Room Mate EMMA, I want to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time and explain to all readers of Tripadvisor your expertise in Room Mate EMMA during your stay in Barcelona.

These assessments help us to know that our daily efforts in each of ours departments they are reflected in customer satisfaction and above all help us to continue in improvements to offer all our customers the best experience in their stays in Room Mate EMMA.

If you return back to Barcelona, ​​please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards.

Pepe Fuxà.
General Manager Room Mate EMMA.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

I have been visiting friends in Barcelona for some years and recently have been staying in hotels/B&Bs. It has actually been amazing difficult for me to find somewhere friendly and clean in a price range I can afford.

The great points about this hotel:
The staff here were all friendly and polite
The room was very clean and the bed fantastic; I slept really well with minimum noise from other rooms
The bathroom was great and the shower powerful when I needed it to be
The hotel is secure, the key card has to be used to access the lift, or the floor door if using the stairs

The down side:
My room, which was a superior, had a view of a wall and not too much light. It didn't actually matter, as I wasn't in there too often, and from my experience that's what staying in a capital or big city is like in Europe - you pay a lot and don't get a great deal. If you are not expecting it though, it can be a shock
I didn't include breakfast but tried it one day. It was 6 euros something. It really depends what you like for breakfast: if you like coffee and croissants as I do, it was horrible. Plastic croissants and really, really horrible coffee. However, if you like cheese and meats, there was plenty there. There are so many places to have breakfast though, this is not much of a minus

Overall, I think it depends what is important to you: if that is friendliness, cleanliness and a great shower, at a reasonable price for the city, I think this is a very good hotel. I spent a lot of time looking at trip adviser, and if I go again, there is just one other hotel I will try before settling on this one every trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Reviewed 25 August 2011

My wife and I love this place! The hotel staff was amazing! They were such great help about any questions we had! If they didn't know it right then, they made sure to get us the info! Hotel is perfect. We stayed in the terrace suite (801) and it was perfect! No complains what so ever! Metro right down the street. Local cafes and resturants right around the corner! Thank you for the great memories!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Panamaniac06

Dear Customer,

Please do not hesitate to contact me in again, ---------------, if you want to return to Barcelona. Thank you so much for your pictures from our room 801!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed in two separate Room Mate hotels in Spain and loved them both. The Emma is in a great location if you want to be in Eixample and near the Passeig de Gracia. It's very easy to navigate Barcelona by metro and there are a couple stops within a few blocks. Our deluxe room was small, but very well laid out and had a juliet balcony facing the street (Carrer de Rocellos). The bathroom was great with a huge shower. Breakfast was included (great selection), as was free Wifi and overall the hotel provided a great value for money. There are probably 100 small restaurants in the area and even in August (when much of Spain shuts down) there were many, many great choices.

The thing that stood out at these hotels was the staff. They were so helpful with all our questions and we very much appreciated the great service we received. I've been to Barcelona several times and love this part of town. I would definitely stay at the Room Mate Emma on my next trip.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Deluxe room and ask for one that faces the street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Edf1020

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank the comments you made about their stay at Hotel Room Mate EMMA.

The whole team is very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for you advises for a other guest, we are sure that they will be grateful for them like us.

Do not hesitate to contact me at ------------------- whether to return to Barcelona.

Pepe Fuxà.
General Manager Room Mate EMMA.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

+ The breakfast buffet: wide range of food and good quality. Cleanliness.
- Sometimes, the stylishness is a bit at the expense of functionality (e.g. the lights)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bathor

Dear Customer,

We want to be grateful for you nice words about our daily work to our guest.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in again, --------------, if you want to return to Barcelona.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Lovely personnel at reception for check-in and check-out, very attentive and willing to help. We had a great room on the 8th floor overlooking the backyard, i.e. very quiet. Clean venue. Breakfast was not a strong point, but the cheap price should have been an indicator of what to expect. The vicinity is perfect for visiting the Gaudi houses (La Perdrera & Batllo), and plenty of dining opportunities for all, don't walk miles away to be happy!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple